2015 GT3 Spec sheet ... all comments (and, of course, snide remarks) welcome

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 12:38 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Black.
i was back and forth on that final option more than any other... I really like the silver, grey, and black wheels for different reasons... cant go wrong... I had black wheels on my last white gt3, looked great... but in the end, I figure that the grey/satin standard wheels will look best against the yellow calipers and grey carbon brakes... and PDLS grey finish on lights...

and yellow stitch is a dead end, unfortunately...
Old 10-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Well, certainly not any snide remarks. I have an opinion

full leather and extended leather... I would personally drop, I think it makes the interior way too busy for a GT3... I have seen it live at a dealer and it sealed it for me... too much for me, and I have also seen the plain/basic interior, which I think suits the interior well.

PCCB, lift, yellow belts - yes! great spec

18-way, this is very personal. I think the bucket seats are so comfortable/awesome and will be unique the 2015 models, which are smaller in number (likely). I think they are part of how to make your car special. But for some the 4/18 way are more comfortable and desired. I guess this is purely personal.

LEDs - I will admit this is the one option I didn't get for $ reasons. If someone was giving them to me free, I would probably take them. Not crazy about the halo/ring, I think it looks gimmicky, but still if I wasn't paying that would be ok. For $3k, just a lot for something that I don't think will make a difference in lighting and that I am not crazy about. I also think the standard/PDLS has more of a Porsche "look", whereas the double LEDs, something about them looks more "Ferrari" to me. Purely personal.

Sport Chrono - I don't like the way it interrupts the dash, it serves no performance function, and these days, there are many mobile digital options that will be as accurate. I personally would remove it unless you just must have it for the track. But again, just me.

Extended Fuel tank is a no brainer.

Congrats!
I'm with you: I'm about to lock my 2015 *without* the full leather because I actually think the interior looks cleaner and more sporty without it. All the stitching is super busy on top of the multiple trims (shiny plastic on steering wheel and shifter, dash trim, alcantara, and smooth leather). I'm going with carbon fiber trim to blend into the black better while matching the bucket seats.

The only thing I'd probably do after the fact is buy the carbon fiber trim strips for the door panels and stick them on.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,027 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan

and yellow stitch is a dead end, unfortunately...
killjoy
Old 10-16-2014, 01:25 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
killjoy
sorry :-(

already asked and answered....

but hey, give it a try again, and let me know if you get a different answer?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:31 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Delete all options. No dash wart. Just LWS Buckets and FAL. Done. Get white, but wrap that puppy in black vinyl like Veloce's Raptor's avatar.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:59 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

I think the Sound Package Plus is worth the $700
Old 10-16-2014, 02:05 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,027 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I think the Sound Package Plus is worth the $700
Agreed. Already checked. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:35 AM
GT3991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I'm with
Hi Mech, I am glad to see someone who doesn't enjoy all the luxury leather and stitches. My car is arriving at the port end of the month. I wonder if I should take delivery of my bare bone GT3 since I really love leather and all. My build is in white, bucket seats, 6 point belt, fire extinguisher, sports chrono, extended range fuel tank and red seat belts. That is all! May I know how you plan to add CF pieces on the door panels?
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3991
Hi Mech, I am glad to see someone who doesn't enjoy all the luxury leather and stitches. My car is arriving at the port end of the month. I wonder if I should take delivery of my bare bone GT3 since I really love leather and all. My build is in white, bucket seats, 6 point belt, fire extinguisher, sports chrono, extended range fuel tank and red seat belts. That is all! May I know how you plan to add CF pieces on the door panels?
Thanks!
Wait do you love the leather or do you love the barebones? What made you choose the base interior?

Assuming yours is a 2015 (since it has buckets), how did you order a 6-point seatbelt?? Is that a special dealer option somewhere? Curious what the belts would bold to in the back.

As for the CF pieces, I would just order them from the dealer or distributer and stick them on (I assume they're held on with glue or double stick tape).

Though the more pics I look at, the more I waiver back and forth on the full leather vs. barebones...
Old 10-16-2014, 08:36 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Everybody has a different opinion naturally. For my taste, the plastic interior looks cheap and the cost of the leather is fractional compared to the cost of the car. The smell of leather is preferable to the smell of plastic for me. The wart looks bad and serves no function so essential as to justify it's presence on the dash. Should I wish to add the lightweight buckets they will be available as Tequipment down the road, but the 18 way seats will not be available to add later.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:59 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

one theory I have is that those of us that prefer the interior more bare bones/businesslike, come from older air cooled Porsches... just a guess, could be completely wrong... my evolution with Porsche started with earlier cars, with dashes made from the hard German Porsche "plastic" that is just so bulletproof... I love the smell of the older cars, not sure if its the plastic or glues they used... I completely get the other point of view that a $150k car should have a leather dash... I feel the same way about the ceramics...
I personally don't think a car needs to have leather stitching on the dash to not look cheap...
Old 10-16-2014, 09:04 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Well I didn't go with full leather because I was being cheap, plain and simple....It definitely looks better IMO....I kinda had a number of $140K and worked from there....
Old 10-16-2014, 09:08 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

My father had a 73 T and a 77 S. The materials were different in texture and substance than what is used today. Same with the paint. Build process is entirely different. The plastic and vinyl of a late 60s or early 70s Porsche looks better than today's leather. Signs of the times. Modern materials generally look and feel of poor quality (i.e. cheap). The goal is to be recycled, not passed down to your grandchildren. Modern 911 looks like a chlorox bottle compared to a long hood, but the times have changed and you either get on the train or stay at the station.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All great choices, as this car seems to look great interior and exterior in most any combo. Get what you like.

I really like full leather, otherwise interior looks a little cheap imo. Although the 991 is clearly better than 997 in terms of standard interior finish. That said, I'd still go full leather, but that's me.

I'd skip extended dash leather (leading edge windshield) only due to the cost. If that is not a concern, rock on.

As stated SC has really no use on a GT3 other than the lap timer and data acquisition. Personally I don't like it and it clutters the dash. Again much better on 991, but still don't like; REALLY dislike due to the crazy cost.

LOVE PCCBs with yellow belts.

Countless discussions on lift. Some yes some say no. I never had a need in three states on my .2. But certain situations dictate it. Many have taken delivery of the 991 and still say they don't need it. No offense if most of this was already addressed. I only had a chance to read half of the replies.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

djcxxx, understood... agree to disagree... and I do think there are two camps on this topic.... LOTS of 997.2 GT3s and GT3 RS 3.8/4.0 that were ordered without full leather...wasn't a money issue for those buyers.... just looks out of place on the GT3 to me, but I am definitely in the minority, no question about it... find the standard interior more suited to the car...it wasn't about the $3400... my dealer said nationally full leather was ordered on about 60% of the 991 GT3s based on his view in the system...

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 Spec sheet ... all comments (and, of course, snide remarks) welcome