Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production stopped

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does that also apply to US customers that wanted European delivery??
Old 10-12-2014, 12:12 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
My 15 just arrived yesterday in Calgary was told by sales manager that Porsche had told them to stop selling gt3 cars no more allocations would be submitted cutoff was October 10 for North america
Pics please! Looking forward to seeing Jet Black Metallic finally as that is what I ordered.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leigh2
I've been trying to grow up for a while now, it's not working. If I can't get a GT3 I'll maybe get the RS or the R8 plus until you sell me your GT3
Audi dealer here has offered to buy me R-rubber for the R8 if I take a few prospective customers for rides....not a bad deal.
I was actually specing out a Z51 Corvette as a track car, had all the gear charts and info on coil over shocks etc spread out all over my desk. Wife put a stop to that suddenly but agreed I could then get a GT3 or R8 plus as a track car....so much for being thrifty.....
Being grown up is over-rated, I tried it and did not like it

You in a vette is just wrong and I may have to deny knowing you..

I'll tell you what; if the new RS turns out to be what I like, you can buy my GT3

Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Edmonton and submitted the order with Porsche dealer on Sept 26.

Still haven't heard re final lock date or even been asked for deposit. I put a deposit in the first 2015 allocation back in March 2013. Asked Porsche for March 1 arrival to avoid the snow.

Hoping I'm not in the danger zone!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

I just spoke to a dealer yesterday and he said he has a slot in the system if I want it. Delivery Jan/Feb.

I had just about decided to keep my 10 GT3 might be changing my mind.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:30 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I just spoke to a dealer yesterday and he said he has a slot in the system if I want it. Delivery Jan/Feb. I had just about decided to keep my 10 GT3 might be changing my mind.
Get it and keep the '10!
Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 PM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Bartron

Still haven't heard re final lock date or even been asked for deposit. I put a deposit in the first 2015 allocation back in March 2013. Asked Porsche for March 1 arrival to avoid the snow.

why would you put an allocation for a 2015 not a 2014? at that time i would think you probably could have gotten one of the first 2014's.

i put a deposit late august of 2013 and i got my 2014 3 weeks ago.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Bartron
Racer

Originally Posted by mainly
why would you put an allocation for a 2015 not a 2014? at that time i would think you probably could have gotten one of the first 2014's.

i put a deposit late august of 2013 and i got my 2014 3 weeks ago.
Couple reasons. I had the third spot for 2014 and the first spot for 2015.

Coming from the world of motorbikes I'm always leery of the first year of any model plus the 2015 should have been here mid-summer (assuming no engine-gate) but because of the production-stop, everything got pushed back so I chose spring delivery 2015 rather than storing and paying for the car all winter. Easier on the financials as well.

Certainly wasn't clairvoyant about the stop-production.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I imagine Canada would have some of its own paperwork, but the moment you have a build slot allocated in your name, you should get every detail from the Porsche production system. I just went through this last week and there's nothing vague about it.
As for a March delivery, I've not heard of it being possible to arbitrarily hold a built car somewhere on this continent or theirs, but maybe, so long as you're paying the way, since their job is take your money and give you a car without delay.
I think Dec is looking like the last build cycle, unless someone has paperwork for a Jan build, which would be kind of nice, to have the car built in the new year, but otherwise, there will be cars arriving in Jan/Feb and that's the end of it. Seems like a uniquely short production run even for a GT3. This could bode well for long term (5-10 year) retained value. I think the engine swap will be an interesting anecdote and matter not one cent to resale value beyond the usual year-over-year price delta.
I wonder if the abrupt end means the RS will arrive as a facelift car and there might be a facelift GT3 right around the corner as a 2016 model year.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,503 Likes on 2,561 Posts

So does anyone have any reliable intel (not speculation!) on whether there will be a MY '16 991 GT3, and, if so, whether it will differ from the '14/'15?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 PM
mainly
Racer

Couple reasons. I had the third spot for 2014 and the first spot for 2015.

Coming from the world of motorbikes I'm always leery of the first year of any model plus the 2015 should have been here mid-summer (assuming no engine-gate) but because of the production-stop, everything got pushed back so I chose spring delivery 2015 rather than storing and paying for the car all winter. Easier on the financials as well.

Certainly wasn't clairvoyant about the stop-production.
oh i see.

i felt the same at the time. i remember telling the dealer if the car didnt arrive by june, july 2014 at the latest, i would probably cancel.

BOY am i glad i didnt do that. although the reasons you mentioned applied for me as well, sort of, i get ~ $9k back in compensation plus an extra year warranty, which makes up for everything IMO. ie, my warranty will extend beyond even someone's who's delivery isnt until june - july of next year! AND i get to drive the car for the last few months of this year.

not to mention the car is so freaking amazing, im glad i got these last few weeks to drive it, in the relatively warm weather!

sorry, dont mean to get you down...
Old 10-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Bartron
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
As for a March delivery, I've not heard of it being possible to arbitrarily hold a built car somewhere on this continent or theirs, but maybe, so long as you're paying the way, since their job is take your money and give you a car without delay.
I think Dec is looking like the last build cycle, unless someone has paperwork for a Jan build, which would be kind of nice, to have the car built in the new year, but otherwise, there will be cars arriving in Jan/Feb and that's the end of it.
The idea of March delivery made more sense then as there was no word about stopping production. Thus, I was told Porsche would figure out when to build the car to get it to me at the requested date.

Now that production has evidently stopped, sound like I'll be getting my car sooner than anticipated.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Do you at least have a commission number ?? I know for a fact that all the GT3 allocations for Calgary have a commission number already assigned, I see no reason why the Edmonton dealer wouldn't have this information and make it available to you. It's in their system...
Old 10-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

I wish I knew anything for a fact with respect to Porsche or the dealers. When I started looking for a car in Calgary I was told they had six people on their list and they likely wouldn't get 6 cars. I had to go further afield to get an allocation.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
So does anyone have any reliable intel (not speculation!) on whether there will be a MY '16 991 GT3, and, if so, whether it will differ from the '14/'15?
I can reliably speculate that the only MY 16 gt3s that will be produced are the TBA RS versions. FWIW all dealers have been told that Dec 14 is the last production month for the current gt3.

Quick Reply: Production stopped