Sponsored by:

Accident at Le Mans: the second amateur driver died - RIP

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 02:06 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Absolutely tragic news.

Life is so precious. Here today and gone the next. I feel like I just responded to his fuel gauge thread. RIP. He was doing what he loved but it still doesn't make up for the loss. Small community here. Prayers for his family.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:11 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Really sad. My heart goes out to the family. May he rest in peace. As Macca mentioned it seems this GT3 saga has brought many of us together, and although most of us never met each other, but I personalloy feel I have a strong connection to many of you, and would hope that at some point that we can all get together. So it really is sad when I hear something bad happened to any of us. God bless you all, and keep you safe. This has been a bad month. I lost my best friend to a car accident 10 days ago and I also lost my aunt last week. He was 50 years old and he crashed with a drunk driver who came to his lane and collided with him head on and to add insult to injury the SOB drunk driver walked away with minor injuries and my aunt was only 65 years and she passed away while she was getting an MRI and died inside the MRI tube. unfortunately you can't be too carful as death choses us and does not discriminate, and no matter what we are doing at the time. It does not feel fair at times, especially when we lose good people such as igirl. But at least he died while he was doing Something he loves dearly. we still need to place Safety as our #1 priority, but we must continue to do the things we love most. Be safe guys. Mark
Sorry for your losses as well. Everyone live your lives to the fullest, and best wishes to you all. Tuff times Mark, hang in there!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Really sad. My heart goes out to the family. May he rest in peace. As Macca mentioned it seems this GT3 saga has brought many of us together, and although most of us never met each other, but I personalloy feel I have a strong connection to many of you, and would hope that at some point that we can all get together. So it really is sad when I hear something bad happened to any of us. God bless you all, and keep you safe.

This has been a bad month. I lost my best friend to a car accident 10 days ago and I also lost my aunt last week. He was 50 years old and he crashed with a drunk driver who came to his lane and collided with him head on and to add insult to injury the SOB drunk driver walked away with minor injuries and my aunt was only 65 years and she passed away while she was getting an MRI and died inside the MRI tube. unfortunately you can't be too carful as death choses us and does not discriminate, and no matter what we are doing at the time. It does not feel fair at times, especially when we lose good people such as igirl. But at least he died while he was doing Something he loves dearly. we still need to place Safety as our #1 priority, but we must continue to do the things we love most. Be safe guys. Mark
Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your aunt. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Sorry for your losses as well. Everyone live your lives to the fullest, and best wishes to you all. Tuff times Mark, hang in there!
Thanks for the kind words buddy. Mark

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your aunt. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Thank you for your kindness as always. Really appreciate it Mike. Mark
Old 10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Really sad. My heart goes out to the family. May he rest in peace. As Macca mentioned it seems this GT3 saga has brought many of us together, and although most of us never met each other, but I personalloy feel I have a strong connection to many of you, and would hope that at some point that we can all get together. So it really is sad when I hear something bad happened to any of us. God bless you all, and keep you safe.

This has been a bad month. I lost my best friend to a car accident 10 days ago and I also lost my aunt last week. He was 50 years old and he crashed with a drunk driver who came to his lane and collided with him head on and to add insult to injury the SOB drunk driver walked away with minor injuries and my aunt was only 65 years and she passed away while she was getting an MRI and died inside the MRI tube. unfortunately you can't be too carful as death choses us and does not discriminate, and no matter what we are doing at the time. It does not feel fair at times, especially when we lose good people such as igirl. But at least he died while he was doing Something he loves dearly. we still need to place Safety as our #1 priority, but we must continue to do the things we love most. Be safe guys. Mark
Mark, I'm very sorry to read your tragic news. In such circumstances words offer little comfort but my thoughts are with you.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
Mark, I'm very sorry to read your tragic news. In such circumstances words offer little comfort but my thoughts are with you.
Thank you so much Sunil. You are a true gentleman and I am really glad I got to know you. God bless you. Are you back to Chicago? Mark
Old 02-03-2015, 04:55 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just found this thread. My condolences to his family and friends. Definitely a stark reminder that we're not invincible out there. Davy passed away doing what he loved. Sadly much too soon. RIP iGirl
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad indeed and condolences.

Certainly humbles and reminds us of how serious/dangerous this sport can be.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

"There, but for the grace of G-D, go us all"
Sincerest Condolences to friends and family.
Reminds us that the most precious gift we receive and take for granted,
is the dawn of a new day to love and cherish those we hold dear.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Condolences to family and friends. So sad but I feel in perspective not the worst way to go.

If any of you follow two wheel you may note that a 65 year old gentlemen died at the Isle of Man. The most dangerous race in arguable a very dangerous sport. When one of the top competitors was ask about the risk and if the existence of the race should be questioned; his response was that the man died going what he loved in an instance while a personal friend of his was dyeing a slow death with pain and suffering from cancer.

Life is short; live it to the fullest and cherish every day!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Sad.. My condolences to the family. May he rest in peace with plenty of cars in heaven.

Quick Reply: Accident at Le Mans: the second amateur driver died - RIP