Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy Back In ATL 163k

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 04:42 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a fool born every minute, the same rich one who would buy a used GT3 over MSRP.

Just look at the post today by Sonnen Porsche, still looking for someone to take their allocation. When I called them 2 months ago, was told there were 14 people on the wait list. I believe they also have a '14 you can test drive, so that hasn't been sold either.

So a bit over-hyped. I think as someone said, just best to drive and enjoy your car and forget about resale etc.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:46 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by rwcsn1
There's a fool born every minute, the same rich one who would buy a used GT3 over MSRP. Just look at the post today by Sonnen Porsche, still looking for someone to take their allocation. When I called them 2 months ago, was told there were 14 people on the wait list. I believe they also have a '14 you can test drive, so that hasn't been sold either. So a bit over-hyped. I think as someone said, just best to drive and enjoy your car and forget about resale etc.
And I got a call from a dealer that 2 people dropped off their list and I should get in right away for an allocation they had.....when I told him I had secured one the same day he originally told me no he was shocked.....he said that they were almost impossible to come by but I informed him he was very mistaken.....lots of open allocations were and are still out there.....
Old 10-04-2014, 04:53 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it has been said..first choice, get a '15 allocation. If you miss the boat, the dealers will have no trouble selling the '14 buybacks at msrp or higher come spring time 2015
Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Not sure why people get bent out of shape because dealers are asking over MSRP. If I am not interested in buying the car I could care less how much they are asking for it. If I am interested, then I will make an offer based on what I think is a fair price regardless of what they are asking. Many times dealers will take a "shot" to see how the market is but most will not turn down the substantial profit of a Porsche sold at MSRP.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

...unless they paid an absurd price for it at auction LOL
Old 10-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CAlexio
...unless they paid an absurd price for it at auction LOL
If it is still sitting unsold on the lot 60 days from now, they may rethink their pricing strategy!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:02 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

I bet in another month or two all the GT3s will be gone. Most people don't read this forum and are not willing to buy a car a 1000 miles away when they can have that one now.

Dealers are not dumb they will sell them.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:56 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The sudden availability of MY15 allocations is only going to last a short while. At some point in the next couple of months they will all be taken. For those that want to order to spec for that personalized feel, now is the time.

Dealers know the model is coming to the end of production and can be patient. I think all those auction cars will find homes.

Ryan
Old 10-05-2014, 12:24 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When the RS comes out there will be few used ones available with few thou off MSRP. Couple months ago before the 15 allocation it was a different story. This is a great opportunity to jump in and get one if you were looking but better hurry before they are gone. Just saying.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:58 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
Any feedback/experience ?

http://www.insidecarconnection.com/
I'm not sure if it is the same operation, but is the owner of Inside Car Connection named Ralph (sorry, I forget the last name)? If I have it wrong, please ignore. But if so, although I did not end up buying a car through him, he did find several 991 GT3 opportunities for me when I was in the market and deciding between a GT3 and Turbo. I thought he was very helpful and very good at locating either on-the-lot 2014s or 2015 allocations at MSRP. I would not hesitate to call him the next time around.

There's a fool born every minute, the same rich one who would buy a used GT3 over MSRP.
In a nutshell, this ^^^.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

It's not foolish to pay over list. It's just a financial decision. Would you rather have the car or the extra 20k now?

Perhaps you don't have the connections to buy at list. Or, 20k one way or the other is not relevant to you.

Time is money, which do you have more of?

This best financial decision is not to buy an expensive sports car at all.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
It's not foolish to pay over list. It's just a financial decision. Would you rather have the car or the extra 20k now?

Perhaps you don't have the connections to buy at list. Or, 20k one way or the other is not relevant to you.

Time is money, which do you have more of?

This best financial decision is not to buy an expensive sports car at all.
Agreed. I don't know why this is such a big deal. If someone wants to pay for immediate gratification more power to them!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:01 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Agreed. I don't know why this is such a big deal. If someone wants to pay for immediate gratification more power to them!
It is not a "big deal". I think some of us are simply supplying info for those who care to know. You do not need "connections" to get a car at MSRP-- it's available at plenty of places, both ordered and used.

That being said, if you dont have the inclination, feel free to pay over MSRP. Doesn't mean I can't offer my thoughts on them being foolish, anymore than the peeps who pay $1000 on Ebay for an Iphone 6 b/c they can't wait 1 week.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

It is not a "big deal". I think some of us are simply supplying info for those who care to know. You do not need "connections" to get a car at MSRP-- it's available at plenty of places, both ordered and used.

That being said, if you dont have the inclination, feel free to pay over MSRP. Doesn't mean I can't offer my thoughts on them being foolish, anymore than the peeps who pay $1000 on Ebay for an Iphone 6 b/c they can't wait 1 week.
You are certainly welcome to share information, as well as your opinion, and I was not trying to offend you if I did. I simply disagree with our assertion that someone is "foolish" for spending over MSRP for a product if they can afford it, be it a 991 GT3 or an iPhone 6. For some, chasing an open allocation half way across the country may not worth the extra time and hassle. Thats all!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:52 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 337 Likes on 172 Posts

I would think all of the 2015 allocations for GT3 would need to be sold out before any Porsche dealer can sell a 2014 for near MSRP (much less over MSRP), unless the buyer cannot wait or otherwise didn't perform due diligence.

Quick Reply: Buy Back In ATL 163k