Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You - No longer PTSsed - 2015 Mexico Blue on the way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 02:33 PM
cantdrive55
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thank You - No longer PTSsed - 2015 Mexico Blue on the way!!!

so, first off, i want to say THANK YOU to everyone in this forum for keeping me informed about all things gt3, especially mike in ca, mooty, frayed and allans - simply put, you guys are the best… it's been a dozen years since my last of six prior 911s and you got me up to speed quickly...

like many fellow RLer's, i've run the gamut from, "i MUST have one", over a year ago when i put down my deposit for a PTS gt3, to i can't bear to even read about it during the fire fiasco, to "NFW will i EVER buy that car" after finding out, when i did get my allocation for a december build, that the one non-negotiable option for me - PTS - was not available…

as you may have read a few weeks ago, i was PTSsed...

well, with a great deal of serious help from someone at PCNA, and not giving up, i was able to locate an available 2015 mexico blue gt3 that, against all odds, i was able to purchase… with the exception of maybe two or three options, it's exactly what i would have ordered...

when it arrives at the end of october, this one will be a keeper, which has rarely been the case with sports cars and me… it's going to get a sharkwerks exhaust, some protection and likely a few other toys, too…

i'm going to daily drive it… i'm going to track it whenever, and wherever, i can… it's going to be driven wherever it wants to go…

and i can't wait...

so, again - thanks to everyone - i'm very much looking forward to joining the "gt3 club" and hopefully contributing to, not just taking from, this forum…

Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Ok, so miracles happen. Now please explain how the heck you pulled that off. There aren't random unwanted PTS cars just floating around the ether... That's like looking for girls who wanted to threesomes in college.. Just didn't exist....

....well, there was that one actually... But id rather hear ab the gt3
Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats on nabbing what will be a unique and beautiful car! Looking forward to pictures when it arrives.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 804 Likes on 369 Posts

Wow, that's some serious good luck. Congrats!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:34 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Wow, that's some serious good luck. Congrats!
I thought the OP bought your car...
Old 09-19-2014, 06:21 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a link from Porsche for PTS options in general (color chips)
Old 09-19-2014, 06:30 PM
cantdrive55
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Is there a link from Porsche for PTS options in general (color chips)
from eduardo - this may be helpful: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ly-2014-a.html
Old 09-19-2014, 06:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cantdrive55
from eduardo - this may be helpful: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ly-2014-a.html

Thank you.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 804 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
I thought the OP bought your car...
No. I'm going to take delivery, ship it to my winter home, drive it all winter and then decide between it, the 991tt cab and the RS as a daily for next spring.

Mine's Riv anyway.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:37 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge Kudos! If it were possible, I'd have a Mexico or Voodoo Blue PTS on order. Pics please!

FYI, I was presented with a new Gulf Blue GT3 for a few dollars over MSRP. It was a little too light for my tastes but there are "unicorns" out there to be found.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:49 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdkim
Huge Kudos! If it were possible, I'd have a Mexico or Voodoo Blue PTS on order. Pics please!

FYI, I was presented with a new Gulf Blue GT3 for a few dollars over MSRP. It was a little too light for my tastes but there are "unicorns" out there to be found.
Still like your Pass XS Power-plants ? funny how hi-end audio and hi-end automobile collide. Based on what I have spent on my audio system, Porsche's seem more affordable with less guilt than $100k system audio connections (wires)
Old 09-19-2014, 07:54 PM
KEEPUP
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Great luck u have and enjoy!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
Still like your Pass XS Power-plants ? funny how hi-end audio and hi-end automobile collide. Based on what I have spent on my audio system, Porsche's seem more affordable with less guilt than $100k system audio connections (wires)
Yes still enjoying them very much. Especially with the new pre. I find myself loading the 3D build of my GT3 and staring at it while I listen after having a few drinks .

Very much agree on how easy it is to rationalize the few "necessary" ordered options (or anything for that matter) once you've spent ungodly amounts on cabling. I'm probably deluding myself but I (like a few others here) plan on keeping this one for a while. Heck, if I hadn't totaled my 997 I may've been good for a few more years.

Regardless, it seems everyone is enjoying the heck out of these cars and I just had to have a shiny new toy.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:17 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdkim
Yes still enjoying them very much. Especially with the new pre. I find myself loading the 3D build of my GT3 and staring at it while I listen after having a few drinks .

Very much agree on how easy it is to rationalize the few "necessary" ordered options (or anything for that matter) once you've spent ungodly amounts on cabling. I'm probably deluding myself but I (like a few others here) plan on keeping this one for a while. Heck, if I hadn't totaled my 997 I may've been good for a few more years.

Regardless, it seems everyone is enjoying the heck out of these cars and I just had to have a shiny new toy.
The XS Pre is my next and presumably last hi-end audio purchase for a awhile. There just isn't much left to do. More money for A new Porsche...lol
Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will LOVE it! Allan
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Thank You - No longer PTSsed - 2015 Mexico Blue on the way!!!