991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got offered buyback 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014 | 06:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^ Give it 18 months before any one can answer to how really special this car is. Now that the engine is fixed you will start seeing more comparison test ect - But , those that know cars know how special this is. I have been overly objective in my comments.- It is really that good
Old 09-17-2014 | 06:47 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
... I think we have convinced ourselves that this car is somehow rare... outside of rennlist forum, i don't believe it's as special as we think... except to drive that is. ;-D
I agree. The car is no doubt special and probably one of the best drivers cars out there. I will definitely own one ('15) one day regardless of the drama associated with it.

But it is *probably* no different than any other GT3 (short of RS, 4.0 and GT2 variations) out there ... a depreciating "asset".

I still LOVE the car though!
Old 09-17-2014 | 07:34 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^Let me also say this; I am quite happy my engine was replaced by German Engineers that were probably extremely meticulous when they did this - probably better than an assembly line
I agree. I an happy that Porsche factory techs did it, and that they chose to put in a brand new engine rather than try to fix the old one and change some parts. However, because they did the right thing, people are now complaining and saying its a "negative" stigma. I am sure Porsche could have taken the engine out (which the service dept says they do it all the time), opened the engine up and and swap parts. Would have cost them less money and less trash talk the cars are getting right now. However, because they did the "right" thing and gave us all brand new engines and not a "repaired" or "refurbished" one, now people are saying that's worse. Funny.
Old 09-17-2014 | 07:43 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Default We are lucky to have one!

Just started a new thread on a different subject.

Last edited by Terrence; 09-17-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 09-17-2014 | 09:06 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
Dude, sent you a PM.

Agreed.

I went red b/c everytime I open the garage I wanted the 'good gawd that's fawking hot' reaction before I back it out of the driveway.

Agate and black = sinister.

FWIW, my wife thinks my black 964 Turbo 3.6 is hotter.
964 Turbo is hot. A great looking car.
Old 09-17-2014 | 09:42 PM
Clocked
Racer

I can hear a dealer saying this on the sale to a customer " this car had the engine replaced by Porsche technicians, it was car of the year. They are rare and for you I will sell it to you below MSRP at $xxxx. The branded title is just what the highway safety commission said had to be done. It's no big deal"

Next day person comes back to same dealer to sell the car back (wife dislikes the car)

Same salesmen says " that has a branded title it will be almost impossible to sell. Not sure how long it will sit. You may want to go to car max and see if they will buy it"
Old 09-17-2014 | 09:47 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clocked
I can hear a dealer saying this on the sale to a customer " this car had the engine replaced by Porsche technicians, it was car of the year. They are rare and for you I will sell it to you below MSRP at $xxxx. The branded title is just what the highway safety commission said had to be done. It's no big deal"

Next day person comes back to same dealer to sell the car back (wife dislikes the car)

Same salesmen says " that has a branded title it will be almost impossible to sell. Not sure how long it will sit. You may want to go to car max and see if they will buy it"

Totally.

No sh*t.

That's exactly how that will go down.
Old 09-17-2014 | 09:51 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Totally.

No sh*t.

That's exactly how that will go down.
That is going to be an extremely bad day for someone. And you be sure that the dealer will dot all the i's and cross all the t's to make sure that the customer can't unwind the deal.

Quick Reply: Just got offered buyback 2014