Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys I've ordered a red stripper for New Year!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Was going to do it next week but after speaking with Arth went ahead today.

As background I have full black leather and red stitching in my 458 so didn't feel need to duplicate here.

Specs

Nov Production with Jan Delivery (could have ordered Oct production with Xmas delivery from Abu Dhabi but since neither dealer was offering a discount, I stuck with my local one).

Guards Red Ext
Bucket Seats (will track it occasionally)
Club sport package (not sure about this nonsense, but it is a gt3 so why not? Especially if it is free!)
Lift
Floor mats (cost 100 bucks)
Big Tank (cheap fuel here, might as well fill up)
smoking package (salesman told me to get it)

That's it, nothing more. Approx USD $140K

Now I can go back to enjoying the 458 till Jan.
Congrats buddy! And welcome to the family happy to have helped and looking forward to tracking together . Cheers
Old 09-12-2014, 01:13 AM
chizi
Intermediate

As background I have full black leather and red stitching in my 458 so didn't feel need to duplicate here.

Specs

Nov Production with Jan Delivery (could have ordered Oct production with Xmas delivery from Abu Dhabi but since neither dealer was offering a discount, I stuck with my local one).

Guards Red Ext
Club sport package (not sure about this nonsense, but it is a gt3 so why not? Especially if it is free!)
Lift

Welcome. See you on the track. Just curious why did you get the lift its totally not needed here. i have been using it as my DD and i haven't had any issues and i go all over UAE. The seat belts in red and carbon trim go really well with the GT3.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:33 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Specs

Guards Red Ext
Lift

I like, congrats!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:30 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chizi
Welcome. See you on the track. Just curious why did you get the lift its totally not needed here. i have been using it as my DD and i haven't had any issues and i go all over UAE. The seat belts in red and carbon trim go really well with the GT3.
Damn! Now you tell me. I could have saved AED 10,000 on lift and had an even better stripper. My order is not locked yet

Well my reason was that on my trips to Jebel Jais I felt some of the nasty bumps on the way would not easily be cleared by a gt3. I don't expect to need it for normal use in Dubai, but may be once or twice a year I may find my self finding an awkward incline or decline (perhaps construction related) that it would come handy on.

Not a fan of red belts or carbon. This is not a car I felt like decorating plus wanted to keep price low. This just a no nonsense (except the roll bars) daily beater with occasional track use and weekend Kalba mountain drives.

That makes me wonder where the 458 will fit in? I was using it for above except the daily part. Perhaps to show off on Jumeirah Beach Rd., JBR walk or Shk Zayed road? No I am not that type of person. I never do that.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:34 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Arth
Congrats buddy! And welcome to the family happy to have helped and looking forward to tracking together . Cheers
I feel like I have joined the mafia lol! Yes, your input was instrumental and tracking together another encouragement. Of course in the mean time I will join you at track with my other car.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:42 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

To all from North America, Europe and row, thanks for your congratulations and positive comments. They are much appreciated indeed.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
2lflat4
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, enjoy!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:17 AM
chizi
Intermediate

Damn! Now you tell me. I could have saved AED 10,000 on lift and had an even better stripper. My order is not locked yet

Well my reason was that on my trips to Jebel Jais I felt some of the nasty bumps on the way would not easily be cleared by a gt3. I don't expect to need it for normal use in Dubai, but may be once or twice a year I may find my self finding an awkward incline or decline (perhaps construction related) that it would come handy on.

Not a fan of red belts or carbon. This is not a car I felt like decorating plus wanted to keep price low. This just a no nonsense (except the roll bars) daily beater with occasional track use and weekend Kalba mountain drives.

That makes me wonder where the 458 will fit in? I was using it for above except the daily part. Perhaps to show off on Jumeirah Beach Rd., JBR walk or Shk Zayed road? No I am not that type of person. I never do that.
i have been to kalba and jebel jais and never needed the lift. i would say cancel the lift and spend the cash on some other options
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chizi
i have been to kalba and jebel jais and never needed the lift. i would say cancel the lift and spend the cash on some other options
I couldn't agree more with chizi. And even IF you bottom out on the way towards the Jais, you'll replace the black front strip. Do that twice a year (you won't, but for example) and you'll save yourself a lot of money.

Ditch the lift. Save the money. Make it the ultimate stripper!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Ok will need to ponder and reconsider the lift issue. AED 10,000 can buy a lot of lap dances.

Just thought I would share some trivia though. The Porsche dealer in Dubai has so far sold 28 918 cars, while the ferrari dealer had sold 20 LaFerraris as of a month ago.

Quick Reply: Guys I've ordered a red stripper for New Year!