Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's the September 2014 Shipping Schedule...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:44 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My boat, the Phoenix Leader, never showed up on the VW logistics. I found out 3-4 days after it boarded from my dealer and then tracked it via marinetraffic and vessellfinder. Port of San Diego also has a schedule but scheduled ships in do not seem to appear until they are about 2 weeks out.

NYK Line also has a port schedule for their ships. If I recall correctly, that is where I first found a reliable port schedule for the Phoenix Leader.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:46 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
With so many cars coming, I thought I'd post the September 2014 Shipping schedule. I assume my car will be in the Florida Highway or the Sincerity Ace. Car has been sitting at port for 6 days already. It unfortunately just missed the last boat and wont leave Emden until 9/17 or 9/18

I know it's been posted in other places, but...

Anyone who's curious, you can always download this schedule for the current month by going to http://www.pwl.de/en, selecting your region, and then selecting VW Logistics.

-Sean

sgroer......... Can you enlighten other RL peeps how you tracked your car again??
Old 09-30-2014, 12:53 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
My boat, the Phoenix Leader, never showed up on the VW logistics. I found out 3-4 days after it boarded from my dealer and then tracked it via marinetraffic and vessellfinder. Port of San Diego also has a schedule but scheduled ships in do not seem to appear until they are about 2 weeks out. NYK Line also has a port schedule for their ships. If I recall correctly, that is where I first found a reliable port schedule for the Phoenix Leader.
Same here. Mine was on the Glovis Composer and it never showed up on the VW Logistics site.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:10 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
sgroer......... Can you enlighten other RL peeps how you tracked your car again??
I went to www.pwl.de/en. Selected US and VW logistics, got the schedule. Dealer told me car left Emden on the 19th. Schedule said the Florida Highway was leaving then. Marinetraffic.com showed it was the only vehicle ship leaving Emden that day.

So apparently there are times when the ship doesn't show up on vw ship but it seems rare for more than one vehicle carrier leaving port in a day. So if you have your exit port date and watch the port via marinetraffic you can likely figure it out.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:39 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sgroer
I went to www.pwl.de/en. Selected US and VW logistics, got the schedule. Dealer told me car left Emden on the 19th. Schedule said the Florida Highway was leaving then. Marinetraffic.com showed it was the only vehicle ship leaving Emden that day.

So apparently there are times when the ship doesn't show up on vw ship but it seems rare for more than one vehicle carrier leaving port in a day. So if you have your exit port date and watch the port via marinetraffic you can likely figure it out.
Great info. Thanks!! My car was sitting at port, waiting for a boat on 9-27-14. So there are a couple it could go on. Did you get your destination port from the dealer? Living in Denver, I am not sure how it will come.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

My car completes production in a couple of days. Then hopefully off to Emden pronto. My hope is that it catches the Splendid Ace which leaves for Brunswick on the 15th.

Thanks to sgroer for this very useful thread and links.
Here's the latest VW shipping schedule.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:34 AM
formisano
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
My hope is that it catches the Splendid Ace which leaves for Brunswick on the 15th.
Splendid Ace leaves on the 2nd and ARRIVES on the 15th.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Haku
My car completes production in a couple of days. Then hopefully off to Emden pronto. My hope is that it catches the Splendid Ace which leaves for Brunswick on the 15th.

Thanks to sgroer for this very useful thread and links.
Here's the latest VW shipping schedule.

This schedule is different than the one seen before............mmmm??
Old 10-01-2014, 12:12 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it changed about a week ago. Couple of ships dropped off. I.e. Chesapeake Hwy.
Haku, I think you will be on Clover Ace. My car has been sitting in Emden for a week waiting now for Onyx Ace. I'm tracking that ship towards Emden now. The schedule changed and my original ship Chesapeake Hwy. went off the schedule. Good luck and happy sailing boys!
Old 10-01-2014, 12:20 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Chesapeake Highway is underway and headed for Davisville! Yes, it dropped off the schedule ( nothing has been routine with this car), but it did in fact depart Emden 2 hours ago and is scheduled to arrive into Davisville on October 12 at 4 PM.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/det...APEAKE_HIGHWAY

You need to ask your dealer if your car is onboard, but if the production schedule shows departure from Emden confirmed for today 1 OCT, it is a good bet.

Report back
Old 10-01-2014, 12:47 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Chesapeake Highway is underway and headed for Davisville! Yes, it dropped off the schedule ( nothing has been routine with this car), but it did in fact depart Emden 2 hours ago and is scheduled to arrive into Davisville on October 12 at 4 PM. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/det...APEAKE_HIGHWAY You need to ask your dealer if your car is onboard, but if the production schedule shows departure from Emden confirmed for today 1 OCT, it is a good bet. Report back
It's weird! I contacted my dealer and it says it's still at Emden awaiting carrier.. It's been there for a week already. So I must be in line to board the next ship. I don't know why Chesapeake Hwy dropped of the PWL site. Maybe it got highjacked by another auto group other than VW.
God knows.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:11 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rubbaman
It's weird! I contacted my dealer and it says it's still at Emden awaiting carrier.. It's been there for a week already. So I must be in line to board the next ship. I don't know why Chesapeake Hwy dropped of the PWL site. Maybe it got highjacked by another auto group other than VW.
God knows.
Splendid ACE leaves tomorrow. Maybe it will be on there. You know, Porsche could enhance the owner experience and step into the digital/social media world. It would have been cool to have routine pics taken of the car during the build, and have a website to see those images (heck, even load them into the car's PCM so they could be found when you pick it up). It would not be difficult to have the sat/nav of the vehicle running to allow you to specifically track your car. Have a GoPro mounted above the assembly line (one that the buyer would purchase), and have it take time lapse pics, or even some video. For the average Chevy.....no one cares. But for these higher end, custom"ish" cars, owners like us would eat that up.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sgroger - Thank you very much for this information it's so cool.

I checked on when my car was leaving Emden it's scheduled to be on the 10-10 departure and arrive Davisville, RI on 10-20. Looks like there are two ships leaving for Davisville that day the Kentucky Highway and Wisteria Ace.
Thanks again,
Jerry
Old 10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
YOCOHO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the update!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm still in Europe but mine showed up a month early it sitting at the dealer in the midwest they told me it was a total surprise to see it delivered with 2 other cars they were expecting. I'll be in Europe for three more weeks so does not do me much good. Sean I'm glad your getting your car back

Oh mine was due 10-31 arrived 9-26 Midwest

Quick Reply: Here's the September 2014 Shipping Schedule...