Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014 | 02:56 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Default Porsche Tour

I happened to be in Europe and I have a tour scheduled for next Friday. Any one know the exact address as well as the closest airport. I'm assuming Stuttgart. My car exists production on Sep 12 next Friday. It would be interesting if they could actually locate it.
Old 09-06-2014 | 03:43 AM
Aussie
Advanced

The closest airport is Stuttgart. The factory tours start at the Porsche museum. The address is Porscheplatz 1 70435 Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. We were just there a few days ago with Autobahn Adventures. Our factory tour was amazing not to mention the museum.
Old 09-06-2014 | 05:36 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skuplist
?.... My car exists production on Sep 12 next Friday. It would be interesting if they could actually locate it.
I was wondering the same thing. If visiting, can one ask to see their car being built...or a part of it at least?
Old 09-06-2014 | 07:22 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aussie
The closest airport is Stuttgart. The factory tours start at the Porsche museum. The address is Porscheplatz 1 70435 Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. We were just there a few days ago with Autobahn Adventures. Our factory tour was amazing not to mention the museum.
Thanks for the info. It appears Frankfurt will be a better option. I will just rent a car and drive to Stuttgart. Frankfurt seems closer than Munich.
Old 09-06-2014 | 10:28 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Tom,
I can give you input, answer questions Frankfurt, Stutt., Factory, etc.
call me via Casey,
P
p.s. keep Casey in check on your Euro adventure!
Old 09-06-2014 | 08:04 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Tom,
I can give you input, answer questions Frankfurt, Stutt., Factory, etc.
call me via Casey,
P
p.s. keep Casey in check on your Euro adventure!
Ok will do.
Old 09-06-2014 | 09:18 PM
cingulus
Racer

I am heading for the Factory tour on Oct 30. Please post your pics or any must see items so I don't miss them.

Shaun
Old 09-06-2014 | 09:25 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Yes hope to take as many picks as they let me. Plus I will be there the day my car finishes production per the build schedule.
Old 09-07-2014 | 08:26 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

keep in mind sometimes they get ahead or behind in the schedule, Ive never seen anyone be able to see their car on the assembly line. Pictures are forbidden inside the factory. If you take the train from Frankfurt it may be quicker/cheaper than renting a car, and their is a local train stop right at the factory
Old 09-08-2014 | 02:20 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

I will check out the train option. As long as I have a direct route from the airport. And yes I know the chances are pretty slim I will see the car. My hope is it will have exited production and sitting on a lot some where close.
Old 09-08-2014 | 05:09 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skuplist
I will check out the train option. As long as I have a direct route from the airport. And yes I know the chances are pretty slim I will see the car. My hope is it will have exited production and sitting on a lot some where close.
The train is right at the airport, walk to "regional trains" there is a ticket office there.
2 lots are nearby, just next to the factory on the north side they usually have a few rows of new cars, they are the ones covered with white plastic, also try walking east to Adestrasse, turn left (northwest) walk up the hill, on your left is another lot full of cars, they are behind a fence

try this for more
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...adventure.html

Quick Reply: Porsche Tour