Sponsored by:

help needed. Im I overpaying?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Marino84
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed. Im I overpaying?

I live in Dubai and have been on the hunt for a white (surprise surprise )GT3. I finally found a 2014 from a dealer. He is charging equivalent to US$ 160,000.00.

Ill list the options on the car and really would appreciate some feedback.

black leather interior seats leather/alcantra
90L fuel tank
full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) (which looks awesome btw)
20 inch GT3 Wheel
Luggage net passenger footwell
smoking package
floor mats
sports seats plus (4way , electric)
Sound package plus
Chrono package
telephone module
PCM including navigation module with universal audio interface

dealer fitted options : Protech + ANA pack + 3 year warranty

notable exclusions :
no lift. which in Dubai might be alright. but that car sits pretty low.
no PCCB. from what I've gathered from all your posts - normal breaks are good enough.
no sport exhaust. I love this option in my current 997 4S. do they offer it in the GT3?

I don't mind paying a little extra, but is the price way off for the options im getting? dealer in Dubai are not to be trusted ...

appreciate any input guys... thanks!
Old 09-04-2014, 03:50 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Is this new or used? What is msrp? Mike
Old 09-04-2014, 04:03 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Marino84
I live in Dubai and have been on the hunt for a white (surprise surprise )GT3. I finally found a 2014 from a dealer. He is charging equivalent to US$ 160,000.00. Ill list the options on the car and really would appreciate some feedback. black leather interior seats leather/alcantra 90L fuel tank full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) (which looks awesome btw) 20 inch GT3 Wheel Luggage net passenger footwell smoking package floor mats sports seats plus (4way , electric) Sound package plus Chrono package telephone module PCM including navigation module with universal audio interface dealer fitted options : Protech + ANA pack + 3 year warranty notable exclusions : no lift. which in Dubai might be alright. but that car sits pretty low. no PCCB. from what I've gathered from all your posts - normal breaks are good enough. no sport exhaust. I love this option in my current 997 4S. do they offer it in the GT3? I don't mind paying a little extra, but is the price way off for the options im getting? dealer in Dubai are not to be trusted ... appreciate any input guys... thanks!
"Sport exhaust" is standard on the GT3. To me, it's plenty loud with the valves open. Some go for the bypass and full header/exhaust after market options. I **** off enough people with the stock exhaust!
Old 09-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Marino84
Advanced

Hi Mike, I didn't think of asking for the msrp. its brank spanking new...
David, that's good to know. thank you!
Old 09-04-2014, 04:33 PM
kneman1
Instructor

I think this is a 140 car so yes I think he is overcharging.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just need to go on the Dubai configurator to answer this. The msrp on this comes to about AED 507000. So you are paying about 80,000 aed over sticker. Bad deal. The secondary dealers are always a rip off, and they lie a lot and know very little about the cars.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:18 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything over MSRP I overpaying!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Marino84
Advanced

thank for the feedback guys. much appreciated. I think I will give it a pass unless he's willing to come way down.
I guess the wait continues ...
Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Based on those options like the other fellows have said that particular car appears to be overpriced based on the options. Overpriced is a word that can have multiple meanings. For most a penny over the MSRP is overpaying.

It appears it would be cheaper to pay me to buy your car for you in here in Beverly Hills and have Somali pirates ship it to you via the Panama canal than buy it from that dealer. Keep looking!
You will find your car. Also, maybe lean on Arth who frequents this forum as well if you don't know him already. He seems to be on top of the 991 GT3 pulse in your neck of the woods. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 AM
pmpsch
Instructor

there are 4 GT3s to choose from on just one site in Dubai and the dealers seem to have inventory...so you can negotiate a bit
Old 09-05-2014, 06:24 AM
1198r
Pro

I live in Dubai and have been on the hunt for a white (surprise surprise )GT3. I finally found a 2014 from a dealer. He is charging equivalent to US$ 160,000.00.

90L fuel tank
full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) (which looks awesome btw)
20 inch GT3 Wheel
smoking package
floor mats
Sound package plus
Chrono package
telephone module

notable exclusions :
no PCCB. from what I've gathered from all your posts - normal breaks are good enough.
no sport exhaust. I love this option in my current 997 4S. do they offer it in the GT3?

I don't mind paying a little extra, but is the price way off for the options im getting? dealer in Dubai are not to be trusted ...

I also live in DXB.

I have been offered three white GT3's - 2 from Al Naboodah and 1 from Ali and Sons. Go get from there - u pay the right price as per Porsche ME charges.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Arth
Racer

90L fuel tank
20 inch GT3 Wheel
smoking package
floor mats
Sound package plus
Chrono package
telephone module

notable exclusions :

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Based on those options like the other fellows have said that particular car appears to be overpriced based on the options. Overpriced is a word that can have multiple meanings. For most a penny over the MSRP is overpaying.

It appears it would be cheaper to pay me to buy your car for you in here in Beverly Hills and have Somali pirates ship it to you via the Panama canal than buy it from that dealer. Keep looking!
You will find your car. Also, maybe lean on Arth who frequents this forum as well if you don't know him already. He seems to be on top of the 991 GT3 pulse in your neck of the woods. Good luck!
Originally Posted by 1198r
I also live in DXB.

I have been offered three white GT3's - 2 from Al Naboodah and 1 from Ali and Sons. Go get from there - u pay the right price as per Porsche ME charges.

Thanks MarcusG for the reference :reckon:

Marino84, to keep it short.... i know the car you are looking at and yes it is overpriced.

with the options that car has, it comes down to 515,000 AED = 141,000 USD

your essentially are paying a 19,000 USD premium over what it would cost if you ordered one.

my advice is do not buy from these independent dealers unless your comfortable paying for that premium.

Al Nabooda( official Porsche dealer in Dubai) have 2 cars in Stock that they can sell you for the right price. Call the main number and ask to speak to Pauline ( Regional Brand Manager). She will help you out.

you could also go down to Abudhabi as they also have 2 cars there for sale with no premium.

the last option would be to order a new car yourself as a 2015 model. we are one of the few countries where GT3's are not as popular and Turbos. they have slots available now for 2015 cars. delivery in around 4 to 5 months

only downside is the wait:roll eyes:

on a side note if you cant wait you should also check out Al Ain class motors on sheikh zayed road. there are 2 Gt3's for sale there ( yellow and white). both are optioned more than the one your looking at right now but again with a premium.

hope i helped.

cheers
Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Marino84
Advanced

thanks for all the great feedback guys.

Arth : Ill be going to al nabooda soon as Im back in Dubai. checking out their inventory and talk about a new order.
a question for you, are you using the lift a lot in Dubai? I would think it comes in handy and is a must have option.

cheers!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Yes, you are overpaying. By a lot. $160K and no lift? Lol.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by mundman
Anything over MSRP I overpaying!
This ^^^^^^^^^^.

Quick Reply: help needed. Im I overpaying?