Sponsored by:

I think I need a GT3... again

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:35 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts
Default I think I need a GT3... again

Went to the track today with my 991S. Incredible as usual and had a blast - even was able to overwhelm the electronics and get it sideways, perhaps pushing it a bit too hard.

Was running with a 2010 GT3 and we had a blast. He was faster than me - better track car, and much more experienced driver.

I am on the list... again... at my dealer (Hennessy) and hope I get a 2015. I am tracking my 991S enough to feel like the GT3 is the right direction for me. Here's to hoping I get an allocation. I still don't regret bailing on my 2014 order, I just wasn't comfortable.

I did talk to Quinn about it during the Atlanta meeting and sent both him and Andrew a followup with the request. So far, nothing back but I know they are out of town.

Wish me luck, gents!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

^You are back... I came very close to canceling my GT3 during the fiasco but my Dealer looked me in the eyes and told me I would regret the day. I listened to them despite the demons in my head which told me I should move on.

I picked up my GT3 on Sat. and I am in awe. I will be posting my objective driving impressions probably tonight or tomorrow under the "Cat B" thread but it is night and day between the GT3 and the a C2S. And do not get me wrong. I really like my C2S loaner and I have owned several Porsches. The GT3 is just on a different level all together
Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Went to the track today with my 991S. Incredible as usual and had a blast - even was able to overwhelm the electronics and get it sideways, perhaps pushing it a bit too hard.

Was running with a 2010 GT3 and we had a blast. He was faster than me - better track car, and much more experienced driver.

I am on the list... again... at my dealer (Hennessy) and hope I get a 2015. I am tracking my 991S enough to feel like the GT3 is the right direction for me. Here's to hoping I get an allocation. I still don't regret bailing on my 2014 order, I just wasn't comfortable.

I did talk to Quinn about it during the Atlanta meeting and sent both him and Andrew a followup with the request. So far, nothing back but I know they are out of town.

Wish me luck, gents!
The best of luck in securing a new build and Thanks for the Atlanta effort!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Street or track, the GT3 is a fun car. I think Porsche should take all they've achieved with the 991 GT3 and put that software in the 991 Carrera.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
KEEPUP
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Shawn I think you guys that bailed should be top priority right under me for additional allocation :-). Especially if you went out and bought a 100k plus 911 the next day. We all considered giving up the car, and I never thought it would be Novemeber before I got a 2014. I loved your silver car one of the best I've seen.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer

Wish me luck, gents!
Goodluck man. Hopefully you get one

Quick Reply: I think I need a GT3... again