Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Isn't today a nice day?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I think some of the 918 guys are backing out. After the recall on those cars I heard many are opting out on their GT3s. That is good because we are the benefactors. I guess it is manageable with one issue but 2 issues would drive one crazy. Plus- I am sure they are waiting for the RS which they get first dibs
Old 08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on the GT3. I had a similar situation occur. I originally passed on a 2014 allocation due to the lack of sports buckets. Months later I decided to just get one anyway once the engine issues were corrected. However, by that time, allocations were all taken and the waitlist was long. I just expanded my search to some smaller dealers within my region and got an allocation on Friday for a Nov build.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:55 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime
So, with all the scuttlebutt regarding end of production, within the last week I learned to accept that it just wasn't in the cards for me to get a .1 *sigh*

I have had my $1k in with our Northern dealership since July of last year, and was, frankly, getting tired of sitting around. I don't want another M3. I don't want a turbo anything. While softer and not what I really wanted, the F-Type and the wonderful noise emanating from that spectacular *** was starting to look really good, compared to perpetually driving my truck day to day. I figured that if Porsche announced a GTS in Paris, I would....settle. If not, a Jag it is.

Was having lunch today after a long hot bike ride, and saw that I had a missed call. Figured it was something work related.

NOPE

To wrap it up, I'm in, baby. Build is in October, and the car should be in STX the first/second week of December. I'll spare the codes, and give you the highlights: Guards, red stitching, regular color wheels, fuel tank, axle lift, LED's, smoking, chrono, Sirius, 18way seats, leather backs on them, aluminum pedals, and some other not-too-exciting things.

It's about to pour down rain, I expect the Texans will get slaughtered tonight, and I am bone tired from this morning. But I feel like it's Christmas!

My rep told me that North has 2-3 more allocations for some lucky folks on their list.
Very similar story to me....Got the call on Thursday V200 status
Build date november with january delivery (in Buffalo )
Old 08-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Very similar story to me....Got the call on Thursday V200 status
Build date november with january delivery (in Buffalo )
Congrats. Supposed to have a below normal winter down here. Don't have to contend with snow, but tire temps are tire temps.

Quick Reply: Isn't today a nice day?