Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group buy Sharkweks bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,463 Likes on 764 Posts

Okay - My car arrived from Port yesterday and just went to spend some one-on-one time with her at the Dealership. Will be picking her up next Sat. because leaving for vacation and they are doing some things for me.. The guy who was installing the clear bra even left for 10 min. for my alone time. The Sharkswerk exhaust was installed yesterday afternoon so I started her up which, by the way, engine sounds great on it's own. But, boy, when you hit the Sport Exhaust button you got to be kidding me. Sounds like a freakin' race car. I had to rev it a couple times. My Wife is going to kill me . I am happy that I can turn it off when I would like because that is just down right loud and angry. Just the way I wanted it. Also, picked up the OEM exhaust to bring home. What a weight difference. The OEM exhaust feels like 20 lbs. heavier. For all those who got the Ceramic brakes for the weight savings you have no choice now but to get the bypass.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats Jimmy! And well done on holding out a whole 10 minutes
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Nice. Did you ask the dealer how king it took them to install vs mine saying 5 hours.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Nice. Did you ask the dealer how king it took them to install vs mine saying 5 hours.
From Alex, "The installation at dealerships is usually an hour and a half. No bumper removal required"
Old 08-15-2014, 04:22 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Okay - My car arrived from Port yesterday and just went to spend some one-on-one time with her at the Dealership. Will be picking her up next Sat. because leaving for vacation and they are doing some things for me.. The guy who was installing the clear bra even left for 10 min. for my alone time. The Sharkswerk exhaust was installed yesterday afternoon so I started her up which, by the way, engine sounds great on it's own. But, boy, when you hit the Sport Exhaust button you got to be kidding me. Sounds like a freakin' race car. I had to rev it a couple times. My Wife is going to kill me . I am happy that I can turn it off when I would like because that is just down right loud and angry. Just the way I wanted it. Also, picked up the OEM exhaust to bring home. What a weight difference. The OEM exhaust feels like 20 lbs. heavier. For all those who got the Ceramic brakes for the weight savings you have no choice now but to get the bypass.
Hey Jimmy-D good for you on getting the car and thanks for being part of this Wait till she's broken in and with some load on 'er! Ceramics are something else!

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Congrats Jimmy! And well done on holding out a whole 10 minutes
10 minutes is a life-time haha!

Instructions are in every kit and also if anyone needs an electronic copy let me know but really you're looking at no bumper removal and about 1.5-2 hours if you're being careful

Originally Posted by Lodi
From Alex, "The installation at dealerships is usually an hour and a half. No bumper removal required"
That's it!

Originally Posted by audi500uk
Ordered mine for the UK roads, now we talking!!
Thanks Mr A
Hey audi500uk.. thanks for the chat from the UK. Was a really nice reminder of home and makes me miss it! When I do go over there I want to make sure we get together with a few 3's and make some noise eh>

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Alex & Sharkwerks ROCK!
You guys better be having fun at the show today! I've got shipping cuts to show ya when you come back

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
You 991 guys are messing with Alex and Dan's play time! Stopped by to see if they could through in with me for a trip to the Werks Reunion tomorrow, but no they are up to their ***'s packing bypasses for you saps! It looked like santa's work shop the day before Christmas! I saw #730 being packed up! Enjoy guys, I think I have #7 with over 60k miles on it! Sharkwerks rocks!
Haha no Werks Reunion for us eh? You do have numero 7 (my football number) and it was a nice treat to have you pull in around back and rev on me! Hope you take some pix and show us!

Originally Posted by <3mph
@Alex --Thanks for the great, superfast service and looking forward to hearing it for myself!
Our pleasure and thank you. Now don't wear out the sport button:P

Originally Posted by silverrules
Alex is the best. Dealer will install bypass free of charge. What else can one ask for?
Neilo are top notch! SnowBoarder got his car from there:P

Paid!
Swish! Yours is leaving today!

Originally Posted by <3mph
Cool. Thanks. And I agree, Sharkwerks (Alex) has been really great about the deal.
It's sharkweek here and on Discovery so....

Originally Posted by csmarx
I also got a SW Bypass for my 997 GT3. It's transforms the sound of the car.

Here is a tip for you guys: I don't know if SW still sells it, but there is a good guy in Belgium has a company, Carnewal, that sells a remote control for the Sports Exhaust: http://www.carnewal.com/products/P97...Manual-Control

If this also works for the 991, it's the business. It allows you full manual control via a remote of whether PSE is in loud mode for the entire rev range (like with the vacuum plugs) or in normal mode for the entire rev range. It's perfect for when you come home late or go on a track with sound restrictions. It sounds so much better than the standard PSE where it switches from normal to loud only above a certain rev range depending on various settings, blah, blah.

Together with the SW bypass it's just awesome.

I don't know about the 991, but another benefit for the 997 GT3 is that in full loud mode (i.e. vacuum plugs or Carnewal switch on), the stock PSE drones like crazy at exactly highway speed. With the SW bypass it doesn't, so I'm always in full loud mode!!!!

-Christian
Good to hear from you Christian and hope all is well down south! That switch that gert sells is really useful. Especially for Laguna

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Cool. I must have just missed u. I was down at the starbucks. the SWerks exhaust is a must-have in my book. Hope you get your soon and all is good.
Hey pick us up a Latte!

Thanks guys for running point on the group buy. All in with my "by pass" it's on the way just hung up with Alex. Very cool guy to deal with ......now have to wait for the car November arrivals damn.
Thanks again to silverrules and you guys and just remember this is back in snowy November of last year...
Old 08-15-2014, 04:26 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

"For all those who got the Ceramic brakes for the weight savings you have no choice now but to get the bypass." Dammit Jimmy-D!
I want in, what do I need to do to get added to the list?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Yep I know. Just curious what others have been experiencing. My dealer has all the info, yet still telling me five hours. I'm like yeah right dude!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Well, I had a few things done so it was a package negotiation. In total, for the whole front using Xpel including headlights, side mirrors and turn signals/DRL, SW bypass, Hardwire with mute button my 9500XI/IX, "Porsche GT3" deleted and repacked with the 997.2 "GT3" emblem, 3M Crystalline 40 tint was a total was $3300
Old 08-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Busy guy. Cant wait to see the pictures!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Heck- I traded in my R8l last July so I have have over a year to get this the way I wanted it
Old 08-15-2014, 08:19 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
So awesome, Jimmy! Congrats, man.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:00 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Good day today--FINALLY got my V200 status, placed my order specs and ordered the sharkwerks bypass, expel and built in K 40
Old 08-16-2014, 12:46 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Way to go guys ! That was a awesome buy. We are all set with the SW bypass. All we need is to pile up miles. Don't make it a garage queen. Call Alex if you didn't make the list. He probably work with you, but it's his decision.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

...thank you silverrules for initiating this! Mine's on it's way (the exhaust, that is, not the car).
Old 08-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Canspeed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines ordered, can't wait, thanks Alex

Quick Reply: Group buy Sharkweks bypass?