Sponsored by:

oCarbon.com - custom carbon fiber interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Thank you, Mike. Sent you a PM. All the pieces, except the console trim, were easy to replace. I found instructions on a competitor website. On the GT3, the console trim is actually anchored pretty dang hard, I took in for the dealer to swap. They couldn't get it out in the usual fashion either, he had to remove more parts of the console.

I had a chance to compare the OEM weave with oCarbon's next to each other. I need to dig for my old CF trim in a box somewhere in the garage and perhaps post a side by side picture. The oCarbon weave is wider than OEM's for sure. Not bad, just different. Considering they are hand made to order, I think the work is outstanding.
I appreciate the feedback, Sam. Got the PM. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:57 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go, took those this am at the track.
-- Looks great with the red stitching (and you went all the way w/ the added leather package.. COOL). Real custom look.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:26 AM
oCarbon
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lodi
Matt, do you offer different weaves or just the 4x4?
We can custom wrap a set in almost any fabric. Blue, red, yellow, green, even some crazy custom dyed ones like pink and purple. There are a bunch of different black weaves as well. I'm currently working on a blog post with close ups of each fabric, but its going to take me some time. In the mean time, if you want to email me to discuss fabric choices, feel free.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Also, and maybe oCarbon can jump in here too, is there much difference between the OEM look and weave and what you have in your car?
We can do the same weave as the OEM if you like, its a 1x1 plain fabric.

I had a chance to compare the OEM weave with oCarbon's next to each other. I need to dig for my old CF trim in a box somewhere in the garage and perhaps post a side by side picture. The oCarbon weave is wider than OEM's for sure. Not bad, just different. Considering they are hand made to order, I think the work is outstanding.
I'd agree with Sam on this one, it's really just a matter of personal preference when it comes to weave. We can do the OEM weave, and then do additional custom pieces in the OEM weave, for an OEM+ look, or we can do something custom in different colors like Sam's.

Quick Reply: oCarbon.com - custom carbon fiber interior trim