Sponsored by:

Impressions of Replaced Engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Arth, can you elaborate on "engine being tested"?
I see pictures of mechanics taking turns with launch control and burnouts. Maybe that's the reason one of compensations options was new set of tires?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well sure.

The car was on the floor now ( no longer raised up) and they had laptops hooked in doing the PDI and testing the car with the engine at idle for quite some time.

see pic below.

One more thing. The UAE has officially received the campaign for the front mesh grills. Mine have been sent over VIA DHL and should be here today for installation.

This might delay the delivery till Thursday but i told the service manager i'd rather wait one more day than take the car on Wednesday and then have to bring it back in on Thursday for the install.

will be calling today to get a further update on the status, but from what i understood only the test drive is left and the Protech ( car cleaning/polishing) before i can pick her up.

will keep you all updated

Last edited by Arth; 07-15-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
well sure. The car was on the floor now ( no longer raised up) and they had laptops hooked in doing the PDI and testing the car with the engine at idle for quite some time. see pic below. One more thing. The UAE has officially received the campaign for the front mesh grills. Mine have been sent over VIA DHL and should be here today for installation. This might delay the delivery till Thursday but i told the service manager i'd rather wait one more day than take the car on Wednesday and then have to bring it back in on Thursday for the install. will be calling today to get a further update on the status, but from what i understood only the test drive is left and the Protech ( car cleaning/polishing) before i can pick her up. will keep you all updated
Excellent!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM
green
Pro

Looking good Arth!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Arth
Racer

Just passed by and saw her all ready. He revved her a bit and she sounded glorious.

I aske shim how she felt on the test drive and he said "perfect"

PDI done
Test drive done
Protech tomorrow morning will start and will be completed In the afternoon.

Once that's done he sends an email to PME confirming the work is complete and they will issue the necessary documents for me to sign come Thursday

Pick up is Thursday at noon.

Let's just say I'm taking the day off on Thursday.

Excited is an understatement
Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Just passed by and saw her all ready. He revved her a bit and she sounded glorious. I aske shim how she felt on the test drive and he said "perfect" PDI done Test drive done Protech tomorrow morning will start and will be completed In the afternoon. Once that's done he sends an email to PME confirming the work is complete and they will issue the necessary documents for me to sign come Thursday Pick up is Thursday at noon. Let's just say I'm taking the day off on Thursday. Excited is an understatement
Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

well sure.
One more thing. The UAE has officially received the campaign for the front mesh grills. Mine have been sent over VIA DHL and should be here today for installation.
Is this a retrofit or addition for all GT3's?
Probably an RS part
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Is this a retrofit or addition for all GT3's? Probably an RS part
This is retrofit for all gt3's from
Porsche.

I assume all new gt3's getting built at Stuttgart will have this implemented at the factory.

Just found out today that PAG sent only 1 side of the mesh's and seems to have forgotten to send the other side. Can't believe it!

So I'll have to take delivery on Thursday without them implemented and come back for the install next week when the other sides have reached.

It's fine by me as we have to bring in all our cars anyway after taking delivery to get the stickers for the new engine put in place in certain areas
Of the car(under the good, sides of the doors from the inside,etc..)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Thanks Arth.
I never put a screen on the passenger side its not as open with a fan in it, more or less protecting the back of that radiator. This is on the 997's anyway.
So it may just be that they leave the right side open and only put a screen on the left.

Expect full report Thursday :-)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Just passed by and saw her all ready. He revved her a bit and she sounded glorious.
I aske shim how she felt on the test drive and he said "perfect"
PDI done
Test drive done
Protech tomorrow morning will start and will be completed In the afternoon.
Once that's done he sends an email to PME confirming the work is complete and they will issue the necessary documents for me to sign come Thursday
Pick up is Thursday at noon.
Let's just say I'm taking the day off on Thursday.
Excited is an understatement
Congratulations Arth!!!!!!!
Porsche picked up my car (S/N 249) last week and it is scheduled to arrive in Atlanta prior to the new Engine's arrival on June 23rd. They promised a return date to me of July 21. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and promised dates will be met. Can't wait to get my GT3 back. It is indeed an epic car. All the best
with yours.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks Arth.
I never put a screen on the passenger side its not as open with a fan in it, more or less protecting the back of that radiator. This is on the 997's anyway.
So it may just be that they leave the right side open and only put a screen on the left.

Expect full report Thursday :-)

That's Interesting. Maybe they haven't forgotten and it is just 1 screen.

ill confirm tomorrow with the service manager. Ill have him check.

cheers
Old 06-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Congratulations Arth!!!!!!!
Porsche picked up my car (S/N 249) last week and it is scheduled to arrive in Atlanta prior to the new Engine's arrival on June 23rd. They promised a return date to me of July 21. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and promised dates will be met. Can't wait to get my GT3 back. It is indeed an epic car. All the best
with yours.
Thanks FastLaneTurbo!

good news on your car. Around a month to go and you'll have her back.

on a side note, i asked the service Manager today bout break in and if i had to go through that again and he smiles and said Porsche has never tested an engine so extensively as they have these replaced Gt3's engines.

in fact after installing the engine he said they were constantly sending reports to PAG and getting replies before the "ok" was given for the road test.

his advice was let her rip at the start
Old 06-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

^That is what some of us suspected. I will give take it easy first 500 miles and then I will let her rip.
Also - since at the port for several months I want to be a little cautious since the car sat quite long so not as much concerned about the engine as some of the other parts that need to get a little break-in(brakes, tires ect.)
Old 06-17-2014, 03:01 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Thanks FastLaneTurbo! good news on your car. Around a month to go and you'll have her back. on a side note, i asked the service Manager today bout break in and if i had to go through that again and he smiles and said Porsche has never tested an engine so extensively as they have these replaced Gt3's engines. in fact after installing the engine he said they were constantly sending reports to PAG and getting replies before the "ok" was given for the road test. his advice was let her rip at the start
Nice!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Great news Arth!

Something different;
Is there anybody who has the idea, like me, that the after installation of the new engine the settings of the exhaust are changed too? I have the impression that it makes less noise.

Before it really "popped open" at 4000rpm, now it's starts to make a little more noise at around 3700rpm and increasing upwards but to me it sounds a little less loud then before.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Impressions of Replaced Engines