Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 991 GT3RS Turbo

Interesting...

http://www.motorward.com/2014/05/por...s-going-turbo/
Old 06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Well, that article certainly does not make feel any better about the replacement engine. I am assuming that they are reaching on this, in assuming, the reason why turning to the turbo charging.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:54 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is just rehashing what has been rumored.

A "large" number of GT3 engines went up in flames? Yeah...no.

Yeah, no new info here--only conjecture and borrowing from speculation that has been circulating for a while about possibly having a turbo RS.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was not aware that the word "countless" means one, and that the number 2 is considered a "large number".
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zucc
I was not aware that the word "countless" meant one, and that the number 2 is considered a "large number".
+1
Old 06-05-2014, 10:47 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Seriously?! This is journalism at its worse. Someone please remove this BS.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
johnnylmz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know. For some reason I think Porsche is getting what it deserves for handling this engine fire issue so secretly and mistreating its loyal customers.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't consider myself mistreated at this point. Sure, I would rather have my car now instead of 6 months from now, but I am sure that Porsche as well as the dealership feels the same way. I do hope they honor the original pricing on the sports chrono pkg though. After all, we are only talking about what amounts to a 1% discount from MSRP. You would think that between, PAG, PCNA, and the dealership they could figure out a way to eat $1450 on a $150k car.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:15 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

With the advent of the Internet.. Almost anyone can get their words circulated and picked up. This is the worst kind of article... Ignorant plagiarism.

Delete this thread please
Old 06-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 ..new low for signal to noise..
Old 06-06-2014, 07:52 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hahahh I left an awesome comment and yes I'm happy with myself for it lol it's under their facebook comments not the Google+ comments. but just incase they erase it.

Terrible reporting.
1. "After running into countless problems with the over-tuned..." Really? Countless, care to tell us what these "Countless" problems were? I was only aware of one problem, which you don't even mention what it is, do you even know? Overtuned? that makes absolutely no sense. How do you "overtune" a guitar, same thing.

2. "A large number of them spontaneously combusted a few days after delivery" Really, a "Large number"?! Did you do any fact checking at all before you wrote this? What is this LARGE number you speak of? TWO CARS, only two cars caught fire. They recalled them so they could figure out what was causing the fires, which turned out to be a problematic Connecting Rod bolt. I'm not sure you know what that is. Porsche did the right thing by recalling these cars. They didn't wait for 13 people to die the way Chevy did, heck, they didn't even wait for 13 cars to die. They did the right thing and need to be applauded for that.

3. The Turbo banter, while has been speculated, is just that. Speculation. Porsche isn't "Considering" it, they've already made their decision. it's up to us to speculate. However, a turbo charged GT3RS wouldn't be a GT3 at all. The GT3 was named for the class it ran in which did not allow turbocharging. Turbocharged cars were left to duel it out in the GT2 category, hence the GT2 and GT2RS namesake for their street cars. Just because the 991 RS is going to have the same side ducts as the Turbo, doesn't mean the car is going to be Turbo'd. Those most likely, just like the Cup cars, will be for brake cooling.

Stop reading other articles (who were also poorly written and speculated upon) and trying to re-write and regurgitate what others have said and pass it off as your own. Do you have any basis for which you formed your opinions in this piece or did you just read things on the internet. How about doing your due diligence and site actual facts and/or speak with those with very close ties to the factory instead of just rewriting what you read on the internet from a site who was just trying to stir the pot. Auto "journalism" at it's worst.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:56 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Double post, sorry
Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree this is a terrible article. Wonder who writes/reads this crappy website
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
hahahh I left an awesome comment and yes I'm happy with myself for it lol it's under their facebook comments not the Google+ comments. but just incase they erase it.

Terrible reporting.
1. "After running into countless problems with the over-tuned..." Really? Countless, care to tell us what these "Countless" problems were? I was only aware of one problem, which you don't even mention what it is, do you even know? Overtuned? that makes absolutely no sense. How do you "overtune" a guitar, same thing.

2. "A large number of them spontaneously combusted a few days after delivery" Really, a "Large number"?! Did you do any fact checking at all before you wrote this? What is this LARGE number you speak of? TWO CARS, only two cars caught fire. They recalled them so they could figure out what was causing the fires, which turned out to be a problematic Connecting Rod bolt. I'm not sure you know what that is. Porsche did the right thing by recalling these cars. They didn't wait for 13 people to die the way Chevy did, heck, they didn't even wait for 13 cars to die. They did the right thing and need to be applauded for that.

3. The Turbo banter, while has been speculated, is just that. Speculation. Porsche isn't "Considering" it, they've already made their decision. it's up to us to speculate. However, a turbo charged GT3RS wouldn't be a GT3 at all. The GT3 was named for the class it ran in which did not allow turbocharging. Turbocharged cars were left to duel it out in the GT2 category, hence the GT2 and GT2RS namesake for their street cars. Just because the 991 RS is going to have the same side ducts as the Turbo, doesn't mean the car is going to be Turbo'd. Those most likely, just like the Cup cars, will be for brake cooling.

Stop reading other articles (who were also poorly written and speculated upon) and trying to re-write and regurgitate what others have said and pass it off as your own. Do you have any basis for which you formed your opinions in this piece or did you just read things on the internet. How about doing your due diligence and site actual facts and/or speak with those with very close ties to the factory instead of just rewriting what you read on the internet from a site who was just trying to stir the pot. Auto "journalism" at it's worst.
Re: the bold part. I don't understand why various commenters draw the line at NA vs. FI as the delineator between GT3 and GT2, respectively, but don't question the veracity of the 991 "GT3" given its non-motorsport derived engine??
Old 06-06-2014, 12:57 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guest89
Re: the bold part. I don't understand why various commenters draw the line at NA vs. FI as the delineator between GT3 and GT2, respectively, but don't question the veracity of the 991 "GT3" given its non-motorsport derived engine??
IMO, no Porsche model is more criticized then the 991 GT3. In comparison, folks are a lot more accepting of even the possibility of a turbo RS. Just my personal opinion.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3RS Turbo