Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 01:19 AM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by <3mph
Congratulations! Looks great in rhodium! And thanks for posting the warranty info and paperwork.
Thx. Happy reading!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Really lovely car, snabbgt3. Looks great in silver. I was going to post a request for someone to explain exactly what the deal was with the stickers but you've resolved that. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations. Enjoy.
Question for you however. Is the timing of re-delivery close to what they initially told you?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:45 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
Several documents were provided for dealer/myself at redelivery:
I am Cat A owner.

1. Porsche Approved Warranty Certificate (1-year extension included); I paid for GT3 01/07/2014, but they provided me a few extra weeks of warranty with dating of original warranty valid date as 01/24/2014. Vehicle contract date is 2 days prior to today ... was unable to pick GT3 up until today ...
2. AE11 Update Notification (2-page)
3. Certificate of Engine Exchange
4. Attention note re: Repair Certificates and Thatcham Labels

... please see attached photos of documents
So awesome, congrats. Happy for you and in a friendly and healthy way, just a tad lealous.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a mileage limit on the 1 year warranty extension? Maybe I missed it but I did not see a mileage reference on the warranty document.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:12 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

My steed is back in the stable, in eastern Pennsylvania! GT3 had rebirth in Davisville, R.I.

Took redelivery today, 6/28/2014 ...
My impression is the turn-in is yet quicker, exhaust tone deeper at approx. 3,400 to 3,500rpm ... 7,000rpm.
Congrats..
Waiting on Stickers. Landed at Chi dealer Wed from RI..Dealer tried to get to me by Friday.
I've given up calling PCNA/Dealer & worrying about the little Biaaaaaach. Just working 16 hr days on construction and SW. MOB & GT3's. It gets here when it gets here. No more.
It's just a car.
I'll race my bike at RoadA CCS on the 4th weekend if it don't come in
Old 06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Congrats..
Waiting on Stickers. Landed at Chi dealer Wed from RI..Dealer tried to get to me by Friday.
I've given up calling PCNA/Dealer & worrying about the little Biaaaaaach. Just working 16 hr days on construction and SW. MOB & GT3's. It gets here when it gets here. No more.
It's just a car.
I'm gonna pull an OJ Simpson if it doesn't come in by then and go claim what is mine, sans force of course. I'll just walk in, use the spare key and drive away. They can't report it as stolen!! Ah well, maybe not and like you, I should have some contingency plan if it's not here by the fourth!
Old 06-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I'm gonna pull an OJ Simpson if it doesn't come in by then and go claim what is mine, sans force of course. I'll just walk in, use the spare key and drive away. They can't report it as stolen!! Ah well, maybe not and like you, I should have some contingency plan if it's not here by the fourth!
What reason is PCNA giving for not allowing the car to be redelivered? What is so important about stickers?

The delay is costing them money. Strange but not surprised. It's the Germanic trait of white is white and black is black no in between.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
What reason is PCNA giving for not allowing the car to be redelivered? What is so important about stickers?

The delay is costing them money. Strange but not surprised. It's the Germanic trait of white is white and black is black no in between.
I am with you completely. When I asked Atlanta, they said "legal reasons".
Old 06-29-2014, 04:29 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

"legal reasons".
It's an inside joke, and payback. I don't blame them.
I can't even buy a true BMW helmet in the US cause of it. Had to get a Schuberth, or order from canada and sneak it in. No worries. Soon most of the legal work will be commoditize and shipped over to India, and it will be so cheap that no one will want to bother with it in the US.. .
-Go OJ.. don't blame him,and Sam I wouldn't' blame you. Go Get er.. You'd be famous. I have to forget about this little car until its' ready, otherwise it come to blows w/ someone.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Leilani Rios
Advanced

My steed is back in the stable, in eastern Pennsylvania! GT3 had rebirth in Davisville, R.I. Took redelivery today, 6/28/2014 ... My impression is the turn-in is yet quicker, exhaust tone deeper at approx. 3,400 to 3,500rpm ... rather than 4,000 previously. The PDK-S is so crazy quick ... hard to say that it's quicker than before, but how to tell short of precision timing equipment and dyno, etc? Engine is stunning , as before ... difficult to keep it under 7,000rpm. No mesh in either of front fender liners for me. Three engine stickers are needed, located on right underneath aspect of rear engine lid, on right passenger door post, and on right side of frunk lid.
Congrats!!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Alexey21
Instructor

My steed is back in the stable, in eastern Pennsylvania! GT3 had rebirth in Davisville, R.I.

Took redelivery today, 6/28/2014 ...
My impression is the turn-in is yet quicker, exhaust tone deeper at approx. 3,400 to 3,500rpm ... rather than 4,000 previously. The PDK-S is so crazy quick ... hard to say that it's quicker than before, but how to tell short of precision timing equipment and dyno, etc? Engine is stunning , as before ... difficult to keep it under 7,000rpm.

No mesh in either of front fender liners for me.

Three engine stickers are needed, located on right underneath aspect of rear engine lid, on right passenger door post, and on right side of frunk lid.
You should bring the car to cars and coffee every 1st and 2nd Saturday at the Starbucks on 611 next to the Barn movie theater. Lots of cars there from Ferrari to Porsches to classical cars. I would love to see the GT3.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Really lovely car, snabbgt3. Looks great in silver. I was going to post a request for someone to explain exactly what the deal was with the stickers but you've resolved that. Thanks!
... been putting miles on it today. Thx. Appreciate your input from the factory. Now we need front fender mesh inserts ...
The cars are a little ahead of schedule I think. So good news for all.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Originally Posted by Fadi1
Congratulations. Enjoy.
Question for you however. Is the timing of re-delivery close to what they initially told you?
Delivery was ahead of schedule ... was initially told to expect redelivery July 7-13. Its wise to underpromise and overdeliver ... I think Porsche is accomplishing the redeliveries with that in mind. DEFINITELY worth the wait.

So awesome, congrats. Happy for you and in a friendly and healthy way, just a tad lealous.
Sam, you're so close I know you can taste it ... you, particularly, know how good it's going to get in a few days!!

Originally Posted by Zucc
Is there a mileage limit on the 1 year warranty extension? Maybe I missed it but I did not see a mileage reference on the warranty document.
Good question, Zucc. As you know, the original warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. I didn't ask of my dealer if another 12,500 miles is added for the additional 12 months ... wasn't on my radar as I know I'll hit 5 years WAY before 50,000 miles. Perhaps, this does not apply to everybody. If/when I find out will post, pending the question remains unanswered.

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Congrats..
It's just a car.
Got to get your car back to you!

Originally Posted by Leilani Rios
Congrats!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Alexey21
You should bring the car to cars and coffee every 1st and 2nd Saturday at the Starbucks on 611 next to the Barn movie theater. Lots of cars there from Ferrari to Porsches to classical cars. I would love to see the GT3.
Just my thought. May take GT3 to shore July 5th, but intend to see you there soon. Was at local Cars & Coffee this AM in the Lehigh Valley, PA and the GT3 attracted a fabulous amount of interest ....
Old 06-29-2014, 08:46 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Every convo with Ian, he has mentioned 5 years / 100k miles. But I'm guessing that no one has ever seen that in writing yet?

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates