Sponsored by:

GT3 Options question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:38 PM
bondguy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default GT3 Options question

I'm in process of nailing down my order for a May allocation. Currently deciding between Bi-xenon or the LED lights. Does anyone have any input on this? curious what the pros-cons are. Also this car will be used as a daily however i'm thinking about opting for the 4-way adjustable seat as opposed to the 18-way, is this going to be a big deal?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

The LED lights are the newest thing and are supposed to be a bit brighter and closer to the frequency of daylight than the Bi-xenon lights, although personally I've never found the xenons to be lacking in brightness or light quality. The downside, of course is the price tag, and only you can decide how much that matters. Many buyers have opted for the PDLS bi-xenons, which at $770 are a lot cheaper than the $3100 LED's but offer the corner aiming feature and a gray finish like the LED's instead of the chrome look of the standard lights.

If you can get into a comfortable position with the 4-way seats then there is no reason to spend extra on the 18 way. For me, the ability to adjust height and rake independently on the 18 way, something the 4-way can't do, and the adjustable thigh extension were important. The adjustable lumbar and side bolsters were a minor plus. Both seats are available in other models so try them and see what you think.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:49 PM
bondguy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks! appreciate the input!

Quick Reply: GT3 Options question