Sponsored by:

Things I hated about my GT3- UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Things I hated about my GT3- UPDATE

So I wanted to get you guys an update on how I'm feeling about my GT3, since last time I pointed out all the things I don't like about my GT3. I wanted to give you guys an update since the last time I wrote about it I had about 600 Miles in it and was having my "first time issues/learning curve with my first Porsche on the track"

Here are some more thoughts and these might actually answer some questions for some potential new buyers or any other GT3 amateurs like myself.

1. My biggest concern with the car was ease of use, I thought this was gonna make me a track king when I bought the car and that it was going to be a simple Plug and Play for me. Wrong. I had a huge learning curve and was not sure how hard I could push the car before it started going sideways or before the car started pushing back. I had a tough track day my first time in the GT3. I was befuddled on how to really enjoy the car at its limits, even though the car is stupid fun to begin with. Now that I have about 3000 miles on the car and have had it for about a month now (I drive it nonstop) I have been slowly realizing the true potential of the car. When I tried to figure out why I was so afraid of the car and couldn't take it to the edge the answer was simple. It's a Porsche. This is what they are designed to do, so over the next month I have been pushing the car to see what I can get out of it and I have come to the conclusion that my "noobness" was holding me back and now that I have pushed the car to the edge, I am absolutely destroying it on the track. The car makes me look like a god (It's def not my driving) I've never been in a car so planted and so precise, its downright surgical. My advice to any Noobs like myself is to really get to know the car and trust me you will find as I have that this car is probably one of the best cars you will ever own/drive.

2. The seats took a while to get used to for me but I think I finally love them. I am noticing that my lower back is starting to ache a little but I'm chalking that one up to all of the hits that I took in football catching up to me.

3. The Rear Wing is officially a part of my rear view mirrors life. It took a while but now I have adjusted to the rear wing being in the way, but you get over it, you really just seem to get over it after a while.

4. If you put one window down there is wind buffeting that does get annoying, but my simple solution is to stop being such a vagina and put both windows down. The weathers not that bad in Houston and plus there are worst things to listen to than the engine revving up to 9K.

5. Keeping the car clean is a bitch. I have a black GT3 with gloss black wheels and the biggest issue I have is the car is never clean. It's like a full time job to keep the car clean, after a wash about a day later the car is dirty again. The worst part is that you can't take it to a wash because the car is to low and who wants to let a machine wash your GT3. Not me.

6. The car is awesome and I have never driven anything like it. The end.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:57 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

sounds great!

Agreed with part-time job keeping black clean...
Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great update. Would it be easier if you clearbra'd the whole car? I'm not sure but was just thinking maybe that would help in keeping it clean for longer
Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for sharing and keeping us "waiters" updated.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Great update. Would it be easier if you clearbra'd the whole car? I'm not sure but was just thinking maybe that would help in keeping it clean for longer
Good point mate! But the way I look at it is that I spent all that money on it I might as well enjoy the car as is. It's the same reason I don't put a case on my iPhone, I think its a pretty phone and I would rather have a couple of dings on it than always have a damn case on it. I like to admire my car's beauty as is
Old 02-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Great to hear. I am one of those noobness and reading about your experience will make it that much easier for me to drive it the way it should be driven.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not sure a vagina vs wind buffeting comparison is possible.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Bacura
I'm not sure a vagina vs wind buffeting comparison is possible.
Depends on how big your vagina is.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Did someone say grand canyon?
Old 02-18-2014, 02:31 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Talking from personal experience. Just be hesitant if you ever drive a car without all the aids. Some cars won't fix bad driving and one little bad driving input could mean the car is off the track or spun.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Tapeworm
Instructor

Which seats did you get?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 AM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice review, thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This made me smile
Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Big wings, vaginas and (driving aids). Lions, tigers and bears.

Damn and double damn on the aero mirrors. I was hoping those mirrors would be salvation and was about to order them. I can't believe Porsche can't design a mirror for the 911 that won't eliminate or reduce the amount of wind buffeting we get from these mirrors. What the heck?

And Ychaudhary. I hear you on the black car 1% prob. I just look at it this way. For about 10 min. a clean 991 in black is just the most sexy looking color ever. I just close my eyes the rest of the week and look forward to that 10 min. again over and over.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:09 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 68 Posts

More pics of the black car please...

Quick Reply: Things I hated about my GT3- UPDATE