Sponsored by:

991 GT3 at Porsche Experience Centre UK

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:58 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 991 GT3 at Porsche Experience Centre UK

You get a half day testing a 991 GT3 at the Porsche Experience Centre in Silverstone when you order the car. Mine is coming up on Wednesday. Has anyone in the UK done it? I believe there is some flexibility on what you do during the half day. I'm going to ask if I can compare 991 and 997 versions and perhaps with/without PCCBs to see if I can tell the difference, although I think they've only got one 991 GT3 so I might have to compare that on a different model. Anyone done this already? Got any tips?
Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 AM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read on PH there are 2 991 GT3. One red, one white. Both with PCCB, one CS the other not. The only positive thing that emerged from the 2 cars is that one has red stitching which impressed the person who drove the car

I indeed also would have liked to compare non-PCCB with PCCB but seems wont be possible. Also comparing GT3 with other non-PCCB 911 will be difficult as all mainstream 991 have smaller steel set-up vs GT3 which carries 380mm all round.

Only possibility would be if they had a NON-S Turbo with standard steel set-up which EVO said performed flawlessly on track. The fact that the turbo is substantially heavier and should also achieve higher speeds at the end of straights should be a good indicator that steel on the GT3 should be a very good set-up.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 at Porsche Experience Centre UK