Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Available

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the MSRP of the one on EBay? If you win, do you still pay tax?

(Just curious--mine will be on a boat shortly...)
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Sam always gets the last laugh.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
What's the MSRP of the one on EBay? If you win, do you still pay tax?

(Just curious--mine will be on a boat shortly...)
I est under $145k although have not built the car

You'd likely pay the sales tax at time of sale or registration one or the other
Old 02-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Dude-
Pro

Good to see it selling over MSRP. All the talk about it being a bargain and limited production is finally sinking in.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:46 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Why would ever be good to see cars being sold with dealer markups? You just get burned even more in depreciation..
Old 02-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
Why would ever be good to see cars being sold with dealer markups? You just get burned even more in depreciation..
For early adopters its great because our hunch (gamble) was correct for it being a great car and being under valued. It may also translate to a better resell value which will decrease the rate of depreciation. With limited production and great reviews, I would imaging late buyers would have to pay for a mark up because of demand. Unfortunately the dealers have these unsold cars so they can mark it up. If the dealers didn't have it, then the actual early adopters will mark it up for their own profit too. Either way, if you have one already, you would hope the prices go up.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:42 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dude-
For early adopters its great because our hunch (gamble) was correct for it being a great car and being under valued. It may also translate to a better resell value which will decrease the rate of depreciation. With limited production and great reviews, I would imaging late buyers would have to pay for a mark up because of demand. Unfortunately the dealers have these unsold cars so they can mark it up. If the dealers didn't have it, then the actual early adopters will mark it up for their own profit too. Either way, if you have one already, you would hope the prices go up.
Great car, I agree with. Undervalued, not so much. Want value, buy a C7. This is like any hot new car hitting the market, just a matter of supply and demand. I don't remember people paying mark ups for 10/11 3's or RS' in a similar economic state, so I don't think later model years will have mark ups. Now the mark ups on 07 RS were insane
Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Point well taken. Also, it's not unusual for Porsche to do mid-year price "corrections". Failing that, I'll be really surprised if there is not a price bump for 2015 models. I'm not hoping for that, but if it happens it won't hurt early buyers.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

This is Porsche. And their new GT3.

What gamble?
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Dude-
Pro

That's what I thought but apparently some folks don't feel the same.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

Or a Carrera GTS/3.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:09 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't get it. A search on Autotrader shows more than 15 for sale, some at MSRP.

Are these all phantom listings or what???

Correction: Some are not GT3's my filter is not the best, but still over 10 that I found.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I don't get it. A search on Autotrader shows more than 15 for sale, some at MSRP.

Are these all phantom listings or what???

Correction: Some are not GT3's my filter is not the best, but still over 10 that I found.
When a dealer receives new cars, the cars go into the dealer's inventory - even customer-ordered cars can go into the inventory. AutoTrader can automatically find the cars and list them - even though some of those cars are not for sale to the public.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Or a Carrera GTS/3.
Ha ha ha, never heard that before.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Some paid close to $200k for .1 RSs and $20k bumps for .1 GT3s. Current values are far below original MSRP. And, that is with these being last of the manual. I don't see the prices getting any better for these cars. I believe this is the peak. That said, paying over MSRP is lost money. If you have and want to burn it, feel free.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3 Available