Sponsored by:

On track. My review and video.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

SamFromTx

Thanks for all your postings and comments. I'm very interested in your track assessment/comparisons with your other previous 911 models so please keep them coming. Hope you have a good weekend and more thoughts and data to share afterwards.

Cheers!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Please also let us know your final settings and then how you get on with them...

Car is ready. I had to buy 996 control arms and my mechanic extracted their bushings and installed them instead of the stock ones. That allowed him to pull back caster to stock (when he added neg camber, it pushed caster out by a lot). Please don't ask me how this worked because despite his attempts at explainning it to me over the phone, I didn't get it. This also allowed him to increase negative camber to -3.1 degress in the front (the back has been already increased to -2.1); he previously replaced stock shims with 16 mm ones. Whether this is good or not remains to be seen, Saturday. Stay tuned...
I have no idea what alignment works best on a 991, but FWIW, -3.1F / -2.1R would result in tons of oversteer on my old GT3. I currently run -2.5F / -2.3R and still get a bit of oversteer.

Quick Reply: On track. My review and video.