Next Dealer Allocations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:21 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Right on, congrats!
Thanks. Although the first 4 days of the wait are over and I feel like I have aged a year per day. I don't know how I can make it to April.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 82 Posts

Does anyone know of a case of a dealer reneging on their commitment of an allocation? I put my deposit down for a Q4 allocation and I asked whether it was possible for a later build date since I was looking for Euro delivery under better weather conditions. Dealer confirmed that it would be fine, but now I'm being told they're waiting for my allocation for Q1/Q2 which is why I can't get any firm dates so it sounds like they already sold the initial allocations they were given and are betting on getting additional allocations for 2014.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:36 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Dealers reneg on their promises all the time. Lots of unscrupulous dealers out there, sadly.

(Often they do it because they want to sell to a one-off customer as a massively jacked up price... favoring a quick profit over a long-term relationship. Those dealerships end up on my blacklist.)
Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Does anyone know of a case of a dealer reneging on their commitment of an allocation? I put my deposit down for a Q4 allocation and I asked whether it was possible for a later build date since I was looking for Euro delivery under better weather conditions. Dealer confirmed that it would be fine, but now I'm being told they're waiting for my allocation for Q1/Q2 which is why I can't get any firm dates so it sounds like they already sold the initial allocations they were given and are betting on getting additional allocations for 2014.
As I understand it, the allocations are for a build in a certain time slot at the factory. A dealer can't hold on to a 4th quarter allocation, for example, and reschedule it for a different time, so they almost certainly did give that allocation to someone else when you passed on it. When they told you it would be fine to get a later build date, as you suggest, they were probably assuming they would get additional allocations. I don't mean to defend the dealer, but it may not be a matter of them reneging on the allocation as much as it is that allocations are tighter than they expected.

I was cautioned by my salesman that postponing my allocation (to wait for sport buckets) was risky because he was uncertain how many allocations they would ultimately get. I think tt was good advice. I hope things work out for you.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:25 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

These dealers are asking for deposits and they don't even know they will have allocations. Interesting, ha?
Based on reading all the threads we know Sept maybe the end of GT3 991 in its current design. We also know the last builds based on current allocation is April 2014. This tells me we would see another two rounds of allocation coming up shortly that would cover the period btw April to Sept and the rest is history to be unfold.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
Matt in service left???
Matt, now works as Sales Manager for Yamaha water sports. I for one will miss him.

Hennessy got that allocation from another dealer and paid MSRP for it. They also made a guy who would have never gotten an allocation as a first time buyer very happy. No harm done in my estimation.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
These dealers are asking for deposits and they don't even know they will have allocations. Interesting, ha?
Based on reading all the threads we know Sept maybe the end of GT3 991 in its current design. We also know the last builds based on current allocation is April 2014. This tells me we would see another two rounds of allocation coming up shortly that would cover the period btw April to Sept and the rest is history to be unfold.
If they are asking for a deposit to hold a place in line for a future allocation, that's acceptable IMHO. If they took the larger deposit normally required at the time an order is placed, and now don't have an allocation to go with that order, that's not acceptable, and the money should be returned.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:02 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander

Matt, now works as Sales Manager for Yamaha water sports. I for one will miss him.

Hennessy got that allocation from another dealer and paid MSRP for it. They also made a guy who would have never gotten an allocation as a first time buyer very happy. No harm done in my estimation.
That guy is me. And I could not agree with you more. I have had a great experience with them. I feel like I won the Porsche lottery. The final deal was fair. They bought the allocation in anticipation of someone who desperately wanted a GT3. I have gone to bed the last four nights in shock that it will be in my driveway someday (relatively) soon.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:37 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If they are asking for a deposit to hold a place in line for a future allocation, that's acceptable IMHO. If they took the larger deposit normally required at the time an order is placed, and now don't have an allocation to go with that order, that's not acceptable, and the money should be returned.
+1 , That would be fair. BTW, I ordered the car and still haven't paid any deposits but that comes with them knowing you, so if 1st time ordering then it be different. I have paid my dues
Old 12-28-2013, 10:47 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by carcommander

Matt is top notch. I will miss him. Hennessy has been great to me thus far as well. Matt put them over the top.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:54 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverrules
Time will tell of course. I have a Q3 2014 allocation and know of other dealers/buyers with definitive Q3 and 4 allocations. I mention those with confirmed allocations not the ones who are hopeful. The dealer I am working with is top notch and showed me receipt of his allocation from Porsche. I expect I can start speccing in the following months; March maybe?

Sure, I am concerned Porsche could pull the plug, however, have to believe (hope?) they are prepared for this. I really do not see them making this car for such a short period. That means the RS would be produced for one quarter? Could be; like many here, I hope not.

Those of us who have confirmed Q3 allocations have a chance at least. I understand the factory shuts down in Aug. So, Porsche has July and part of Aug to get us Q3 buyers built. Fingers crossed for all of us. Thankfully, I have first right of refusal on the RS at a dealer which will get one. I may NEED to buy the RS, lol.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:59 AM
silverrules
Drifting

911dev, PTS, RS is what I would do specially if I had slot #1 on the list and if I didn't have the GT3 on order. Then look for a GT3 which will be more available down the road compared to RS. I have seen a lot of thread thats says RS will be more geared for track use but that could be all speculation as we haven't seen the details. Just imagine you give up your RS slot and later find out RS is just a little more hard core compared to GT3

Cheers.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:44 PM
911dev
Drifting

^ agreed. I have some concerns with this Euro 6 issue. I am trying to play all options. If for some reason my Q3 build won't happen because of delayed production post Sept 1, then I may have no choice but to go with the RS assuming a build pre-Sept 1.

Of course, if the RS is worth the extra money, the issue may be moot, as I would go RS anyway. If I go RS I will strongly consider PTS.

I like my cars hard core, so a track focused car may not be a bad thing relative to the gt3.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:43 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

How many rounds of allocations/ordering have there been? It sounds like 2? Are these October ordered cars coming in now?

Jeff
Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by jlee504
How many rounds of allocations/ordering have there been? It sounds like 2? Are these October ordered cars coming in now?

Jeff
I believe only one round. I had my Q3 2014 build since Aug. The dealer had the allocation for a couple months. I believe all dealers received allocations through the end of 2014. That doesn't mean there won't be more.

Quick Reply: Next Dealer Allocations?