Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright. I'll admit it. I'm taking delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm really excited to see the new RS & how Porsche is going to differentiate it from the GT3.
I think the suspension will definitely be more track biased.

Personally, I'm in the same boat as Macca...the older I get I prefer a more compliant ride & find it's faster on bumpy roads. Look at EX-TEC, the suspension experts that supplied suspension to the WRC Citroen, their philosophy is to have softer spring with very strong shocks to keep the wheels on the road. I've had a few scary moments on bumpy roads in my RS.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Yep. On boat. Left Port of Emden late last week. So I'm what, 4-6 wks out? I think that's about right.

Shoot, now I gotta find some cash, quick!
Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Perhaps, closer to 4 weeks out. Just enough time for all this ice to go away.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:02 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@mc, I hear that! Following seas definitely would be beneficial!

Ugh, had to close my office down till noon due till this crap weather.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
while I realize that at road legal speeds the gt3 is a waste, I'm mostly excited ab the sound it makes when revving at idle, especially on busy San Francisco streets in between tall buildings. That paddle neutral function can make for some really cool revving sounds while stopped at the light, and the decreased turning radius can make for much easier U-turns at the end of the strip so you can go back and forth with ease. Perfect street car IMO.
if they'd only fix our ****ty SF roads....
Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 AM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
My car left Emden on 1/18 on the Camellia Ace which shows as arriving at the Port of Houston by 2/07.

We should be on the same boat together. What dealer in Houston are you picking up at?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by JB991
We should be on the same boat together. What dealer in Houston are you picking up at?
North Houston. How about you?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had my deposit down for quite a while and I've been told I have a February build for a March delivery. However, I asked my dealer if he could get a specific date and when was my last chance for making spec changes. He went onto the Porsche system and said it just said February. He said if I wanted to change the spec he could send an email to Porsche and see what would happen.

But on here I read about build dates and spec lock-in dates. What has other people's experience been? I'm in the UK.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 AM
sidicks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
I've had my deposit down for quite a while and I've been told I have a February build for a March delivery. However, I asked my dealer if he could get a specific date and when was my last chance for making spec changes. He went onto the Porsche system and said it just said February. He said if I wanted to change the spec he could send an email to Porsche and see what would happen.

But on here I read about build dates and spec lock-in dates. What has other people's experience been? I'm in the UK.
You should have been given a firm lock-down date and build date by now.

That suggests you are one of the many UK customers whose orders may be delayed (for what reason, no-one seems to know).

I was given my build date (27/1/14) before Xmas, and my car actually arrived early.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sidicks
You should have been given a firm lock-down date and build date by now.

That suggests you are one of the many UK customers whose orders may be delayed (for what reason, no-one seems to know).

I was given my build date (27/1/14) before Xmas, and my car actually arrived early.
Thanks. I will chase the dealer and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Got a response from my dealer: "Currently the car will be locked down on the 9th Feb with build estimated to be around the end of Feb."

I am celebrating with a cheese omelette.

Quick Reply: Alright. I'll admit it. I'm taking delivery