Sponsored by:

Clubsport Rollbar for US

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 08:36 AM
911cinoci
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
Is Eisenmann still producing the bars for Porsche?
I have reached out to the Eisenmann company in Germany and they said they could not help with sourcing one, they send me back to the Porsche dealer and the dealer says it is not available since 2014, so does anybody know where in Europe I could purchase one, I mean the OEM roll-cage, not aftermarket?
Old 08-09-2021, 10:06 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 812 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by 911cinoci
I have reached out to the Eisenmann company in Germany and they said they could not help with sourcing one, they send me back to the Porsche dealer and the dealer says it is not available since 2014, so does anybody know where in Europe I could purchase one, I mean the OEM roll-cage, not aftermarket?
Contact Scuderia V. They have been able to get things everyone else claims are NLA.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:52 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,021 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by 911cinoci
Again thats not true - I purchased one in 2019. I also have the full DMSB safety cage certificate. The maker was Eisenmann and has the engineering papers, official stamp etc..

By the way you may want to remind your dealer that the cage was advertised on the Porsche website and was available through Porsche Motorsport.

The 2014 date is when the cage was submitted for approval under FIA homologation rules.

You can't go direct to Eisenmann - your dealer has to do it for you as they need all the info on your particular car - to ensure the documentation matches for the engineering certificate and compliance plates.

Last edited by groundhog; 08-09-2021 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:57 AM
911cinoci
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Again thats not true - I purchased one in 2019. I also have the full DMSB safety cage certificate. The maker was Eisenmann and has the engineering papers, official stamp etc.
Anyway it is long gone, maybe you were lucky to find old new stock part.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:13 AM
Scuderia V
Former Vendor

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Contact Scuderia V. They have been able to get things everyone else claims are NLA.
Thanks Colin for mention us.

Regarding the steel roll cage (with front add-on part if needed) we highly recommend Original (from now we can call it original Porsche product) Manthey Racing one.
It's FIA spec and better in everything than Eisenmann part and you don't need to remove interior roof and A-pillar panels to install it. We installed and uninstalled all of them.

Manthey Racing Roll bar we have in stock:

Name:  ob1lFvk.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  494.4 KB

Eisenmann front add-on part with rood panel removed

Name:  W4tTnzg.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.06 MB

Old 08-10-2021, 08:20 AM
groundhog
Race Car

BS the Porsche Eisenmann cage is better particularly the front and roof - it fits closer to the roofline and has double vertical pipes at the front to Mantheys 1 (thats why the roof liner comes out, the a pillar covers remain in place) - so it is substantially stronger at the A pillar.

The Porsche Eisenmann cage was subject to full FIA homologation - I know this because I have the engineering sign offs for one and its fully log booked.

This is directly from the DMSB documentation signed by the head of the technical dept.

"The issuing ASN (DMSB) having been satisfied that the safety cage identified in this certificate has been demonstrated to meet the requirements of the FIA homologation regulations for safety cages....."

If you want we can compare specs.........and the design drawings.

Those photos are interesting - don't show the key components of the cage and they have clown school foam wrapped around the pipework - e.g. not FIA standard or any standard for that matter.

Last edited by groundhog; 08-10-2021 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:02 PM
Scuderia V
Former Vendor

BS the Porsche Eisenmann cage is better particularly the front and roof - it fits closer to the roofline and has double vertical pipes at the front to Mantheys 1 (thats why the roof liner comes out, the a pillar covers remain in place) - so it is substantially stronger at the A pillar.

The Porsche Eisenmann cage was subject to full FIA homologation - I know this because I have the engineering sign offs for one and its fully log booked.

This is directly from the DMSB documentation signed by the head of the technical dept.

"The issuing ASN (DMSB) having been satisfied that the safety cage identified in this certificate has been demonstrated to meet the requirements of the FIA homologation regulations for safety cages....."

If you want we can compare specs.........and the design drawings.

Those photos are interesting - don't show the key components of the cage and they have clown school foam wrapped around the pipework - e.g. not FIA standard or any standard for that matter.
Could you please show us this "The issuing ASN (DMSB) having been satisfied that the safety cage identified in this certificate has been demonstrated to meet the requirements of the FIA homologation regulations for safety cages....." and FIA stamp (homologation number) on the roll bar itself to match this in issued certificate?

Could it be that Manthey decided that single vertical pipe close to A-pillar is more than enough for this type of part in this type of car?

Right, foam wrap normally used for water pipes insulation definitely not a best solution there, but we are not discussing it here, as well as color choice of the car - it's all owner preferences.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:21 PM
groundhog
Race Car

The second bar at the front of the Porsche-Eisenmann cage is there for a reason, specifically to add further strength - not only does it have a second bar it has a strengthening plate. Welded across both bars on both sides. This is a much stronger design and configuration.

As you can see the certificate has the DMSB seal and stamp. For further reference the Porsche-Eisenmann cage is made of CrM04 steel and other steels with tensile strengths ranging from 850 mpa to 1180mpa.

Your statement in regard to the Porsche-Eisenmann cage was incorrect.

Last edited by groundhog; 08-11-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:53 PM
Scuderia V
Former Vendor

The second bar at the front of the Porsche-Eisenmann cage is there for a reason, specifically to add further strength - not only does it have a second bar it has a strengthening plate. Welded across both bars on both sides. This is a much stronger design and configuration.

As you can see the certificate has the DMSB seal and stamp. For further reference the Porsche-Eisenmann cage is made of CrM04 steel and other steels with tensile strengths ranging from 850 mpa to 1180mpa.

Your statement in regard to the Porsche-Eisenmann cage was incorrect.
it seems to us that you specially cropped the first photo, where in paragraph 6.1 Remarks/Restrictions "d)" is indicated that - "Certificate is NOT valid for FIA-groups"

This is a full version of it:
Name:  gWX9Vou.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  120.1 KB

And on your second cropped photo, there is NOT a FIA stamp (homologation number) on the roll bar itself to match this in issued certificate, but a DMSB number.

Here is a better version of it:
Name:  BwLS4xa.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  110.6 KB

Old 08-11-2021, 09:53 PM
groundhog
Race Car

LOL we weren't talking about what events it could enter - we were talking about whether the cage was homologated under FIA standards which it is. The photos I showed are the compliance plates with the DMSB certificate number confirming that the cage meets the "configuration requirements of the FIA Homologation Regulations for Safety Cages" As stated in Paragraph 5 in the Safety Cage certificate.

And to bring it home - here's the manufacturers declaration and details - why don't you read it, how about paragraph b)

b) has been manufactured so that all aspects of the safety cage design, including configuration and strength requirements and welded and demountable joints and mountings, will be in conformity with the requirements of the FIA Homologation Regulations for Safety Cages.

And how about paragraph c) which ensures the cage is marked as compliant with the requirements of the FIA Homologation Regulations for Safety Cages

c) has been identified by an engraved plate bearing the name or logo of the manufacturer, the DMSB Certificate number and a unique and individual manufacturers serial number

Post the specs, sizes, steel types and strengths of the Manthey cage from the safety certificate (the one you are selling)

Moreover, you still haven't addressed which has the stronger front upper section (a) the Porsche - Eisenmann cage with two vertical (40mm x 2mm ~ each tube 980-1180mpa) pipes per side welded together and supported by welded on backing plates front and rear or (b) the Manthey cage - with 1 x vertical pipe per side. Hint the answer is obvious.

Last edited by groundhog; 08-12-2021 at 02:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Clubsport Rollbar for US