Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color do you think looks best on the 991 GT3?
White
28.83%
Black
5.52%
Racing Yellow
5.32%
Guards Red
9.82%
Basalt Black Metallic
2.66%
Rodhium Silver Metallic
4.50%
Dark Blue Metallic
3.48%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
9.61%
Mahogany Metallic
0.61%
Agate Grey Metallic
8.38%
GT Silver Metallic
7.57%
Anthracite Brown Metallic
0.20%
Amaranth Red Metallic
1.02%
Lime Gold Metallic
1.23%
none of the above, I will be getting my special color
11.25%
Voters: 489. You may not vote on this poll

Best Color for the New GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:59 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
So if you were going to choose Sapphire Blue Metallic would you go with the standard PDLS or the blacked out PDLS?

Ryan
I don't think it matters but I've gone standard.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM
911khc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like many of you, color choice has proven to be one of the toughest decisions. After much back and forth between;
White- really like it but I think will be too common and i have had several white cars in the past,
Agate grey- my favorite color for a 991S, adds a bit of stealth, but a GT3 deserves more pop,
Guards red- at first i thought might be a bit too much, my wife's trusted opinion says red, and I've never owned a red Porsche before,

I have finally decide on guards red.... so now a question for those of you who have also picked guards red.....what wheel and headlight color have you picked/ think looks best?

I'm leaning towards black wheels and black PDLS for a bit more of a sinister look...but the press car pics with the titanium wheels and standard headlights also looks really good. It would be so much easier to decide color choices by seeing various GT3 cars in real life, deciding from internet pictures and configurator renderings has its limitations. Fortunately, and also sadly, i guess i will see some GT3's before i have to firm up my choices as I am further down the wait list.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:15 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by 911khc
Like many of you, color choice has proven to be one of the toughest decisions. After much back and forth between;
White- really like it but I think will be too common and i have had several white cars in the past,
Agate grey- my favorite color for a 991S, adds a bit of stealth, but a GT3 deserves more pop,
Guards red- at first i thought might be a bit too much, my wife's trusted opinion says red, and I've never owned a red Porsche before,

I have finally decide on guards red.... so now a question for those of you who have also picked guards red.....what wheel and headlight color have you picked/ think looks best?

I'm leaning towards black wheels and black PDLS for a bit more of a sinister look...but the press car pics with the titanium wheels and standard headlights also looks really good. It would be so much easier to decide color choices by seeing various GT3 cars in real life, deciding from internet pictures and configurator renderings has its limitations. Fortunately, and also sadly, i guess i will see some GT3's before i have to firm up my choices as I am further down the wait list.
Guards + standard wheels + standard headlamps and tail lights. IMO.

Unless 30k is trivial to you (to some it is), I've found that options generally offer little bang for the buck in terms ownership enjoyment. For me the only must have option is front lift (much debated) and second is full leather (cause I like full leather, but not a must have).
Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 911khc
Good choice. Standard wheels for me. Personally don't think they can be improved upon. If you don't like, or want something different than the chrome look of the stock lights, consider the PDLS option. For $770, in addition to the features of PDLS, they have a gray finish which compliments the wheels and will save you the additional $600 for the PDLS/black finish option. That's what I did.

Agree with frayed on the lift and leather....
Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 PM
911khc
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Good choice. Standard wheels for me. Personally don't think they can be improved upon. If you don't like, or want something different than the chrome look of the stock lights, consider the PDLS option. For $770, in addition to the features of PDLS, they have a gray finish which compliments the wheels and will save you the additional $600 for the PDLS/black finish option. That's what I did.

Agree with frayed on the lift and leather....
thanks Mike and frayed for good input...I really like the look of the gloss black wheels on my black Spyder but wasn't so sure if it would work as well on a red GT3...i fairly sure I'll do the lift as well, leather also....you guys doing leather dash as well?...I'll skip on red DS, too much with the red exterior IMO.

I hope the standard red calipers look good with guards red exterior, no desire to do the PCCB, all pictures of red GT3 i've seen so far have them and the yellow does look good with the red.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

No problem. As you probably know, the part of the dash facing the driver is already leather when you get the full leather interior. The piece between that and the windshield is added when you get the "leather dash". Anyway, I didn't order that. I saw a 991 interior without it and it looked good; not cheap or anything. It was the same on my 997.2.....
Old 11-08-2013, 12:24 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 157 Posts

I order my red one with black wheels and PDLS. I also ordered full leather with red stitching. You also get some additional Alacantra etc. Also red belts. My goal was to make the car a little different with out spending 30K in options.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:35 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by carcommander
I order my red one with black wheels and PDLS. I also ordered full leather with red stitching. You also get some additional Alacantra etc. Also red belts. My goal was to make the car a little different with out spending 30K in options.
Right now I don't have red stitching but do have the belts in red. When I had my speed yellow 997 gt3, I had yellow belts: in an otherwise all black interior it added a little something.

I think red stitching would look great and not overdone, but since I'll likely retrofit some kind of sport seat (preferably factory clubsport seats), they won't have red stitching so I thought to skip it.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No problem. As you probably know, the part of the dash facing the driver is already leather when you get the full leather interior. The piece between that and the windshield is added when you get the "leather dash". Anyway, I didn't order that. I saw a 991 interior without it and it looked good; not cheap or anything. It was the same on my 997.2.....
Same here re leather dash. Was thinking extended leather though. Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carcommander
Mine is close to your spec with the leather, stitching, and belts, but I went with the black PDLS and standard wheels. I saw the black headlights on a red 911 and was sold.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by tmg57
Mine is close to your spec with the leather, stitching, and belts, but I went with the black PDLS and standard wheels. I saw the black headlights on a red 911 and was sold.
Pics?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by frayed
Same here re leather dash. Was thinking extended leather though. Thoughts?
frayed, do you mean this?

Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara $690

Covered in Smooth-Finish Leather in Interior Color
- Upper section of door panel trim
- Interior door mirror pointer
- Door end trim

Covered in Black Alcantara®
- Lower section of door panel trim

The door mirror pointer is the little triangular piece next to the mirrors in the corner of the window. The door end trim is hidden with the door closed. The rest is the area below the aluminum trim and surrounding the center Alcantera panel in the door. Personally, I didn't think it was worth the $690, but YMMV.

Another personal thing is the red belts. My red Schroth competition harness eventually showed soil where my black one never has. I guess they can be cleaned by I didn't want the hassle. I also figured the red exterior would be attention grabbing enough and wanted a more subtle look for the interior without red stitching or belts, but that's my own bias. If we all thought the same, everyone would have cars that looked alike.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
tmg57
Racer

Pics?
Sorry, didn't think to take pics of the black lights when I saw the car on the lot a while back. The 3D view on the configurator gives an rough idea of the look of black lights on the red car, but they look a lot better in person IMHO.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
frayed
Race Car

Ok thx. HeAding to dealer now to look for black lights
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
tmg57
Racer

Ok thx. HeAding to dealer now to look for black lights
Hope you find some to look at, especially on red. I will be interested in your opinion.

Quick Reply: Best Color for the New GT3