Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 for GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 91 Posts

if you can some how swing it, try to keep or get both. I decided to keep my Miami Blue GT3RS and picked up a manual ZR1 which in its own merit is an incredible track/road car that you won't ever get in manual 7spd again. I'm on list for the new ZR1 and will have to decide once that slot becomes available which one should I get rid of to get that.

Last edited by Dguth; 08-08-2024 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2024, 04:19 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree the best option is to keep both and it’s not a problem financially but my wife is like a Pac-Man chasing dots of debt. Even though I explain if we
dont do something with our assets we built we’re turning over everything to our children. She hates debt. Our financial guy had to cool her jets because she wanted to pay off
our 2.3% mortgage. He said you can get you money to work elsewhere. If I was 50 I might keep both, but it’s just not practical because I’d have to build another garage on our land.
i love your RS. I’ve never been able to get over the huge rear spoiler. I like the smaller gt3 wing but your car is amazing
The following users liked this post:
Dguth (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 05:50 PM
roadawg1608
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

i know it’s hard to remove emotion out of a decision like this but nothing you said was wrong at least to me and it all makes sense. Do what you like life is short.
Old 08-08-2024, 05:52 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree road I’m going to pull the trigger, I’m 65 life is short. I lost my mom yesterday. Not many times you can get a new car and not pay a dime
‘thanks for your support
Old 08-08-2024, 10:11 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I agree with most of the above. Wouldn't hesitate to make that move. If you follow a similar annual mileage pattern, you're not going to rack up a bunch of miles anyhow. I would think you could get back into another 911 if that time comes.

Agree pricing on GT cars is interesting to follow. I think the sweet spot currently is the 991.1 and 991.2 RS. These have stayed relatively "normal" when compared to prior and newer generations. I know you don't like the big wing, but IMHO these have all the special ingredients, and a sound that forces the driver to smile. Treat yourself to a drive in one, even if you never make the purchase.

Cheers!
Old 08-09-2024, 04:48 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Cubs. I pulled the trigger yesterday and I’m pretty happy. I’m a tech guy (electric engineer) and my GT3 had only front lift. So I didn’t even get leather.
‘I think it would have been hard to sell for me because of it being a PDK (still don’t understand the manual craze, buy a track car then select the slower option)
‘no PCCBs and the wheels are just plain silver.
The vette is loaded with options and everything seems to be of high quality in craftsmanship and materials.
The key in this deal was I dealt with the sales manager and he has ins with their other stores which includes Porsche. So I’m jumping but I have a nice tether safety strap.
He said I can get on their list for either a 911 turbo or the GT cars .
‘it’s so nice to exchange a 6 year old car for a exciting new car and get cash back. The deal goes so much faster with no visit to the finance manager.
‘I want to thank everyone for their input and thoughts
my first impressions are it’s a bit quicker. Steering and body roll are very similar. The Z06 sounds better earlier in the rev range. It has a better ride just around town in touring mode but the GT3 only has regular and sport mode. Both enjoyable
I think economically it’s a good decision. If the 991.2 gt3 turns out to be another 73RS well I probably won’t be here in 40 years to find out
Old 08-09-2024, 05:17 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I understand your thinking completely and if I was 40 it would be more important. But at my age I’m only interested in the performance and financial aspects . And when you dig a little bit deeper sometimes the brand importance isn’t as important as you think. I thought a Hurecan would be a step up over a GT3 depending on flavor but when you look inside the book you find details you don’t expect. I was looking at a Hurecan 540 I think and the salesman told me a guy traded it in for a 991.2 GT3. Then I had to ask myself what does that tell you?
I have driven the Ferrari 458 and I liked the Hurecan. This Z06 checks both boxes .
look at the Ford GT. It has air conditioning switches from the Ford Escape. But we’d all like to own a GT right?
it’s all about what the individual wants.
Old 08-09-2024, 07:03 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

Congrats on getting the new ride. You’ll have to post pics when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Z06 for GT3?