Sponsored by:

Apex Wheel - Order Frustration

Search this Thread

Old Today, 05:19 PM
Wasserott
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Apex Wheel - Order Frustration

I ordered a set of wheels for my .2 GT3 exactly 3 months ago (4/20/2024). Paid in full with the expectation they would be ready by now. Said 90 days then. All over their site and on their VRU they say, don't bother talking to service, they don't have any more information than what was on the website when they were ordered. So thinking they might be boxed and ready to ship exactly 90 days later, I couldn't resist and gave them a call. They were able to check my order and told me that September was the new ETA. I said, WTH happened to 90 days. "Oh, a lot customers get that confused, what it means is that production begins in 90 days, that's not when you should expect them." Are you kidding me, that must tell you something if a lot of customers think that. That's some Bull $hit!

I just took a look on the sight, now says ETA September. So had I waited and ordered now, it would be the same timing.

Thanks for hearing me vent. This is such a special car, I wanted to treat it to a new set of wheels for Autocross. Guess that will be next year.

Last edited by Wasserott; Today at 07:09 PM.
Old Today, 06:16 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 596 Posts

While it's not very recent I found them reasonable to deal with when my set that I ordered was also delayed by months, they offered me a set they were able to piece together from a few wheels they had in a different color than I ordered (that I also happened to like) plus an extra discount on top of the black friday deal I used... so it worked out well for me but there was some luck involved.

That their production estimates are so far off reality is poor obviously. Guess you might as well only buy wheels they have in stock or wait until the site shows them back in stock since that will probably happen at the same time they'd ship what you ordered months earlier.
Old Today, 07:10 PM
Wasserott
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JCviggen - thanks for your feedback. I think you are my hero with all that you do with your .2 manual. Keep on posting that content and be safe!

Quick Reply: Apex Wheel - Order Frustration