Sponsored by:

2015 991.1 w/ G6 Value?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 08:52 PM
RedViking
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 991.1 w/ G6 Value?

I’m looking at a 2015 991.1 GT3 with a G6 engine with about 4000 miles. Car is still under the 10 year and as such they will let me get the Porsche Extended Warranty for up to 5 years.

Car has bucket seats, no PCCB, roll cage. It appears to have been tracked pretty heavily, windshield is pitted, hood had ppf but they removed and still pitted, blinkers and headlight pitted etc.

I’m interested in it mainly because it has the G6 engine and I can get an extended warranty on it directly from Porsche, but I feel it’s overpriced and want to know where I should be shooting for in negotiations.

What’s a range on a 15 GT3 with a new G6 that has obviously seen its fair share of track time so I know where I should be trying to bargain.

Admittedly this is my first Porsche. Wife had a Macan S and I fell in love. I had always been a MB fan prior and now I’m obsessed with the GT3s. Wish I could afford a 991.2 but not within budget, that’s why this one is so appealing with the engine and fact I can get a 6 year extended warranty even if I wanted and be completely care free.

Thanks and can’t wait!
Old 05-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 503 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by RedViking
I’m looking at a 2015 991.1 GT3 with a G6 engine with about 4000 miles. Car is still under the 10 year and as such they will let me get the Porsche Extended Warranty for up to 5 years.

Car has bucket seats, no PCCB, roll cage. It appears to have been tracked pretty heavily, windshield is pitted, hood had ppf but they removed and still pitted, blinkers and headlight pitted etc.

I’m interested in it mainly because it has the G6 engine and I can get an extended warranty on it directly from Porsche, but I feel it’s overpriced and want to know where I should be shooting for in negotiations.

What’s a range on a 15 GT3 with a new G6 that has obviously seen its fair share of track time so I know where I should be trying to bargain.

Admittedly this is my first Porsche. Wife had a Macan S and I fell in love. I had always been a MB fan prior and now I’m obsessed with the GT3s. Wish I could afford a 991.2 but not within budget, that’s why this one is so appealing with the engine and fact I can get a 6 year extended warranty even if I wanted and be completely care free.

Thanks and can’t wait!
Any warranty you purchase/included in the sale, besides the 10 year motor warranty, is not from Porsche. It doesn't matter if it is from the Porsche dealership, it is not the same people as the factory warranty or even Porsche CPO, it is a 3rd party company. Ask for the terms and conditions of the warranty, the first page should have who the warranty is through. Have your guard up (you'll get the pun once you see the warranty paperwork), if they're not being clear about this fact, make sure they're being more transparent elsewhere.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-29-2024, 09:23 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Any warranty you purchase/included in the sale, besides the 10 year motor warranty, is not from Porsche. It doesn't matter if it is from the Porsche dealership, it is not the same people as the factory warranty or even Porsche CPO, it is a 3rd party company. Ask for the terms and conditions of the warranty, the first page should have who the warranty is through. Have your guard up (you'll get the pun once you see the warranty paperwork), if they're not being clear about this fact, make sure they're being more transparent elsewhere.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
The Porsche Platinum service contract is underwritten by SafeGuard. But it does have a excellent record of paying claims and has a limit of claims equal to the acv of your car at the time of the claim, unlike the $20,000 per claim and $40,000 total claims made like some other service contract companies.
The following users liked this post:
911-140.6 (05-30-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 01:08 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 503 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
The Porsche Platinum service contract is underwritten by SafeGuard. But it does have a excellent record of paying claims and has a limit of claims equal to the acv of your car at the time of the claim, unlike the $20,000 per claim and $40,000 total claims made like some other service contract companies.
Tell OP, not me lol.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:20 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Value will vary wildly depending on MSRP, owners, maintenance, etc.

If I'm to give an optinon on value for a G6...based on what I've seen maybe somewhere around 20-30k right now. So 100k elsewhere is 125k with a G6 everything else being equal.

The ultimate worth is up to you. The 991.1 market is going to be very volatile over the next couple years, not sure looking at historical or current sales will give anything more than 50k ballpark with the rest being an individual buyers gut.

Last edited by ztnedman1; 05-29-2024 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:51 PM
RedViking
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ztnedman1
Value will vary wildly depending on MSRP, owners, maintenance, etc.

If I'm to give an optinon on value for a G6...based on what I've seen maybe somewhere around 20-30k right now. So 100k elsewhere is 125k with a G6 everything else being equal.

The ultimate worth is up to you. The 991.1 market is going to be very volatile over the next couple years, not sure looking at historical or current sales will give anything more than 50k ballpark with the rest being an individual buyers gut.
I was thinking int he $125-$130 range. They are asking $150k which I know is very overpriced. Just didn't know by how much and how having the G6 engine inflated that number or not. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:44 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

I was thinking int he $125-$130 range. They are asking $150k which I know is very overpriced. Just didn't know by how much and how having the G6 engine inflated that number or not. Thank you.
A 54k mile 2015 991.1 (without G6) recently sold on BaT for $99,991.
If that buyer cannot get the F-series motor to throw the CEL next 10 months under remaining warranty that's >$70K invoice for motor replacement down the road, so >$170,000 seems overpriced in my opinion.
Will be interesting to watch the trend for the 991.1s with and without G6 motors.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:49 PM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 140 Posts

If the car only has 4k Miles on it then I think the price might be closer to 150. Does it have the full leather interior.? Some tracked cars can be in better shape than one that's not but it the paint is in the condition as you say maybe not.

Last edited by pjazz; 05-29-2024 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2024, 04:13 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

Hay OP, it is easy to fall in love (AKA obsessed) with the GT3, they are awesome. Curious, how many total miles on the car? You mentioned 4k on the G6, but wasn’t sure if that’s the mileage on the new engine only.

Assuming this is at a Porsche dealer since you mentioned them offering a 5-year “Porsche extended warranty”. If yes, and you agree that the coverage adequately covers the engine for your intended use, I would definitely add that into the purchase. The G6 has proven very steady, but having the coverage is worth it IMHO.

Seems you’re ok looking past the wear items and current condition, and based on your excitement it likely has the minimum options and equipment you’ll accept, beyond the G6, Is it up to date on the last major service?

Old 05-29-2024, 04:46 PM
RedViking
8th Gear

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Hay OP, it is easy to fall in love (AKA obsessed) with the GT3, they are awesome. Curious, how many total miles on the car? You mentioned 4k on the G6, but wasn’t sure if that’s the mileage on the new engine only.

Assuming this is at a Porsche dealer since you mentioned them offering a 5-year “Porsche extended warranty”. If yes, and you agree that the coverage adequately covers the engine for your intended use, I would definitely add that into the purchase. The G6 has proven very steady, but having the coverage is worth it IMHO.

Seems you’re ok looking past the wear items and current condition, and based on your excitement it likely has the minimum options and equipment you’ll accept, beyond the G6, Is it up to date on the last major service?
Total miles are around 25,000. Engine put in at 21,000 October of 22. Correction to paint, it has full PPF, the marks are not in the paint. Headlights also have PPF. Also has roll cage, full leather, buckets, no PCCB and not original rims.

whats a decent counter to their $150 asking?
Old 05-29-2024, 04:51 PM
RedViking
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pjazz
If the car only has 4k Miles on it then I think the price might be closer to 150. Does it have the full leather interior.? Some tracked cars can be in better shape than one that's not but it the paint is in the condition as you say maybe not.
Has 25,000. 4000 on new engine. Full leather
Old 05-29-2024, 05:44 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Think I found it. Not original rims, but they are OEM GT3 rims with a different color. Looks like someone installed RS side skirts, you can tell by the extra lip/aero. That’s a very tricky color, amazing when clean but difficult to manage otherwise.

Agree with the post above about ~125k would be my offer. And I would still want a PPI and understand how much the warranty is and what it covers.

Have you gone to see the car in person?

Also agree, wouldn’t let anyone talk you out of your dream car. Nevertheless, doesn’t hurt to do some due diligence.

Total miles are around 25,000. Engine put in at 21,000 October of 22. Correction to paint, it has full PPF, the marks are not in the paint. Headlights also have PPF. Also has roll cage, full leather, buckets, no PCCB and not original rims.

whats a decent counter to their $150 asking?
Old 05-29-2024, 06:28 PM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 140 Posts

No dealer is going to knock 25k off a car. Now a days where people can shop on line your not going to find much wiggle room from salesmen there price is usually adjusted for what’s out there. Always your option to move on.
Maybe try for 5k off.

Of course if they’ve had it on the lot a while you might have some leverage. I’ve also heard toward the end of the month. You can try for a better price.

Last edited by pjazz; 05-29-2024 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:05 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

You may be right. No doubt it's starting high though. They are advertising the new engine, so I bet they are applying significant value based on that. One would need to determine, all else equal, how much of a premium would you pay for a G6.

There is enough for sale out there where one can compare miles, condition, engine, service, condition, etc. The market is going to be very interesting on these as they all come out of the 10-year warranty, it pays to be patient and do your homework.

Originally Posted by pjazz
No dealer is going to knock 25k off a car. Now a days where people can shop on line your not going to find much wiggle room from salesmen there price is usually adjusted for what’s out there. Always your option to move on.
Maybe try for 5k off.

Of course if they’ve had it on the lot a while you might have some leverage. I’ve also heard toward the end of the month. You can try for a better price.
Old 05-29-2024, 11:06 PM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks and can’t wait!
Purchase the car and drive as its intended purpose. No doubt you'll have a smile on your face each experience.
A PDK replacement is approx >$20K, but with the Porsche platinum extended warranty you should have piece-of-mind: Be like Nike.....

Quick Reply: 2015 991.1 w/ G6 Value?