Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 RS - oil overfill

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 07:22 PM
Wangracing
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I did my own oil change and despite the warnings of others here I still managed to overfill. I did try to get some hose down the filler with a syringe to draw oil out but couldn't reach the oil despite repeated jiggling of a length of thin clear hose. So jacked it up, removed the diffuser (991.2) and cracked the oil filter into a drain tray. I decided this was a little easier than pulling a drain plug and then retorquing an already crushed crush washer and seemed to release the required amount of oil. Was a pretty painless easy fix and got the level back to the recommended 3/4 full level.

Oh and on the jacking up, the car was new to me so working out how to best jack it up took some time as this didn't seem to be covered in the guides I read on here as its probably considered too obvious The method I am finding best is to get a low jack straight under the exhaust tips all the way to the crossmember and jack from there. I use a small block of wood on the jack plate to ensure all I get is the cross member. I don't run my car low so it will fit. Some small race ramps might be required to get clearance if you are low.. From there you get the whole rear of the car off the deck in one move and you are free to get jack stands under both side jacking points at once.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:12 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 255 Likes on 112 Posts

So was able to get rid of the warning yesterday by opening the rear hatch while the car was on and leaving it open for few minutes.

Hopefully it doesn’t come back.
The following users liked this post:
Manhattan_trout (06-21-2024)

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 RS - oil overfill