Sponsored by:

GT3RS Purchase Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 09:06 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GT3RS Purchase Questions

Hey guys I am on the hunt for a 1. RS or .2 RS with my heart set on a .1 UV. Few questions:

1. How easy are seats to swap? I am buying one with carbon buckets but thinking of getting a set of the sofa's to use as well for my back
2. What is the consensus on Fidelity Platinum Warranty? I spoke with Mike Jordan from Mossy Motors and gave him 2 VIN numbers of .1 RS's I was looking to buy and he was able to get me a quote. He assured me that if the system spit out a contract for him then I will be covered. I did also see there is a exclusion of the GT3RS. This is super confusing??
3. What is general consensus on a car that started its life in Canada? I commented on another post about this but hoping for some more feedback. If the car started in Canada, but was moved to the US, titled in the US, and now being sold at a Porsche Dealer in the US with CPO, anything to worry about? More importantly how would it affect resale if at all? I guess since I am asking it probably might affect it to some degree? Lol
4. Anything else to look for or worry about? Since I want UV so bad, I am limited to a .1 RS, however, is the .2 RS that much better? I have driven both but just on short test drives and did not tell a huge difference overall.

Looking forward to being an owner soon!! If anyone has leads on solid cars or thinking of selling, please PM me. I have cash in hand for the right car. My must have options are Carbon Buckets, Carbon Ceramics, and Front Axel Lift.

Last edited by GTZee; 12-09-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2023, 09:33 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 947 Likes on 511 Posts

Seat swap is plug and play and a couple of bolts. Very simple. If you truly don't want your LWBs, you will be able to sell them for a good price and net some $$.
The following users liked this post:
GTZee (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 09:34 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Seat swap is plug and play and a couple of bolts. Very simple. If you truly don't want your LWBs, you will be able to sell them for a good price and net some $$.
Thanks for your reply! Good to know its easy to swap in the Sofas. I want to keep the carbon buckets as I know how important those are for resale and I do like them for short drives. Its the longer drives and stuff would be nice to swap and wife will be happy =)
Old 12-09-2023, 10:00 AM
BCgeorgia
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

@GTZee read the end of this thread (re: fidelity warranty). The rs is almost certainly not covered. I wouldn't trust your salesman on this (at the least, he has a conflict of interest to say it's covered (i.e. getting his commision)).

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-warranty.html

re: a canadian imported car. If you read through the forums on this topic, the imported cars tend to sell for less in general (keep this in mind for eventual re-sale). Also, supposedly history via carfax/etc from Canada can be a little more murky.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:04 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BCgeorgia
@GTZee read the end of this thread (re: fidelity warranty). The rs is almost certainly not covered. I wouldn't trust your salesman on this (at the least, he has a conflict of interest to say it's covered (i.e. getting his commision)).

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-warranty.html

re: a canadian imported car. If you read through the forums on this topic, the imported cars tend to sell for less in general (keep this in mind for eventual re-sale). Also, supposedly history via carfax/etc from Canada can be a little more murky.
Thanks for the info - yes i read through that and even made some comments. I wanted to get some more fresh outlook on it but it appears to be controversial to say the least. The fact that dealers can write up quotes based on the VIN but the fine print mentions exclusion of the RS is absolutely insane to me. The salesman mentioned that some VIN's wont allow him to write up a contract, and some will. He also used the term the ones with "Launch Control" tend not to get covered lol.

Yes that makes sense with the Canadian cars. I will steer clear as resale is important to me.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:56 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,528 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by GTZee
Hey guys I am on the hunt for a 1. RS or .2 RS with my heart set on a .1 UV. Few questions:

1. How easy are seats to swap? I am buying one with carbon buckets but thinking of getting a set of the sofa's to use as well for my back
2. What is the consensus on Fidelity Platinum Warranty? I spoke with Mike Jordan from Mossy Motors and gave him 2 VIN numbers of .1 RS's I was looking to buy and he was able to get me a quote. He assured me that if the system spit out a contract for him then I will be covered. I did also see there is a exclusion of the GT3RS. This is super confusing??
3. What is general consensus on a car that started its life in Canada? I commented on another post about this but hoping for some more feedback. If the car started in Canada, but was moved to the US, titled in the US, and now being sold at a Porsche Dealer in the US with CPO, anything to worry about? More importantly how would it affect resale if at all? I guess since I am asking it probably might affect it to some degree? Lol
4. Anything else to look for or worry about? Since I want UV so bad, I am limited to a .1 RS, however, is the .2 RS that much better? I have driven both but just on short test drives and did not tell a huge difference overall.

Looking forward to being an owner soon!! If anyone has leads on solid cars or thinking of selling, please PM me. I have cash in hand for the right car. My must have options are Carbon Buckets, Carbon Ceramics, and Front Axel Lift.
Yes, swapping is easy.

Yes, selling LWB is easy.

Finding 18 or 4 way sofas is not. In fact, it is very hard. And expensive.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:37 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Yes, swapping is easy.

Yes, selling LWB is easy.

Finding 18 or 4 way sofas is not. In fact, it is very hard. And expensive.
really? I see a few sets online for under 5k. One guy was selling for 3k - 18 way. Is this not the Norm?
Old 12-10-2023, 08:11 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,054 Likes on 2,102 Posts

I also want to mention one thing about the warranty: I tend to really prefer cars with warranty, but the issue is that you're always trying to think about how to not have the warranty denied and of course, every warranty company, even the best ones like Fidelity (which I've had two of), are looking for reasons to deny your claim. I bring this up because what if in two years you want to put Dundon headers on your car. Well, if you do that, it probably will affect coverage of the engine on your car and they probably could even argue some other components like the transmission. I think in many ways, the warranty will hold you back from doing what you want on the car and enjoying it to the fullest. I'd recommend putting the $5-10k in a high yield savings account and I bet you end up not using the money.

Regarding Canadian car, resale is traditionally worse on a Canadian car in the US vs a US car. I'd try and stick with a US car if you can if you plan to sell down the road.
GTZee (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 11:17 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

Lots of discussion about Canadian cars. I think it’s more relevant when trying to import one and the steps associated with that, and less if you purchase one that’s already in the US. In my opinion, it then boils down to the car someone is looking for. The more narrow the search, meaning there aren’t as many examples to choose from, the less the Canadian impact will be. Sure, if there are two identical cars one might choose the US car vs. CA. Otherwise, why not purchase the best car you find in the price range you’re willing to pay. As a data point for you, I helped sell a friends 991.2 RS here on RL. Took 3 days. Originally a Canadian delivered car. Not once did it come up. ZERO issues. Recognize other folks experience may vary.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:16 AM
BergGt3
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

The only way to get a warranty on an RS is with the CPO. Thus if it’s CPO’ed don’t worry about anything.

CA cars are essentially identical in spec but US buyers for whatever reason value those cars less. Expect 0-12% less due to a CA car. If it’s already on a US title then it’s no different when you register in your state.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

the bigger issue that’s overlooked here is rerouting the seat belt. The seat belt is anchored to the base of lwb so if you swap lwb with sofa seat, the seat belt needs to be anchored to the bottom of b pillar.you will need to cut a hole in the carpet to expose the mounting hole and buy hardware for securing the seat belt there.
Larry Cable (12-11-2023)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Purchase Questions