Sponsored by:

Finally drove some GT3's!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 11:49 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Finally drove some GT3's!

Greetings all! I am in the market for a GT3 - Test drove a .2 6 speed and loved it...but then drove a .2 RS and was blown away! I know I am preaching to the choir here but what an awesome car. I have a 2019 Huracan Performante Spyder that I love dearly. I was going to replace it with another drop top like a 765 LT, but since prices are absolutely insane on everything I want I started looking for something to add to pair with the Perf (2 cars is better than 1 right??). I think I found it in the RS. I did some searches but there is so much info on line that I figured I would post here and be a little lazy =). Few questions for the gurus:

-The bucket seats are cool, but I really think I want the comfort "sofa" seats for how I will be using the car (no track time). I have weird back issues and even on the test drive my back starts to hurt after 5-10 minutes of driving in the buckets. I know it will be foolish to buy a RS with the sofas but I was thinking of maybe having 2 sets of the seats? Buy one with the buckets and then buy a set of the sofa seats and swap them, then when time to sell swap them back to the buckets. Has anyone had experience with this?

-.1 vs .2 - I am sure this has been debated quite a bit - but is the .2 worth the extra coin for spirited drives on the street? I only have driven the .2

-The market is clearly getting soft - I have been watching .2 manual cars and seeing price drops every few weeks across the US. I switch out cars often and obviously want to try to buy right - would offering 10-20% lower then the list price seem do-able? I am thinking in the next 6 months there will be some great deals.

Any other feedback to a newbie would be appreciated. Look forward to getting into GT3 ownership soon.

Heres a pic of my Perf that I will be pairing the GT3 with:

The following 3 users liked this post by GTZee:
AlexCeres (11-23-2023), Larry Cable (11-21-2023), Rick GT3 (11-21-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 02:06 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 157 Posts

nice audi

seriously, what blew you away about the gt3rs vs the 6 speed gt3?
Old 11-21-2023, 02:09 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rod27
nice audi

seriously, what blew you away about the gt3rs vs the 6 speed gt3?
RS was hands done a more visceral experience. The 6 speed was fun but i connected a lot more with the RS
Old 11-21-2023, 02:12 PM
Rod27
Pro

i have an RS(my 2nd....missed the 1st one too much) as well and i love it BUT ONLY with aftermarket exhaust weight loss.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:09 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 81 Posts

i have an RS(my 2nd....missed the 1st one too much) as well and i love it BUT ONLY with aftermarket exhaust weight loss.
you notice and mention the exhaust weight loss before the change in sound?
The following users liked this post:
GTZee (11-21-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 03:21 PM
Rod27
Pro

yea stock exhaust sucks. If you remove the center muffler and replace with a fabspeed(my 1st RS) or bbi(my current RS) or anything aftermarket, you will lose around 45lbs(? correct me if im wrong) of weight and open up the exhaust to gain a couple horses. And the sound will be amazing.
Old 11-21-2023, 05:42 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by GTZee
-The bucket seats are cool, but I really think I want the comfort "sofa" seats for how I will be using the car (no track time). I have weird back issues and even on the test drive my back starts to hurt after 5-10 minutes of driving in the buckets. I know it will be foolish to buy a RS with the sofas but I was thinking of maybe having 2 sets of the seats? Buy one with the buckets and then buy a set of the sofa seats and swap them, then when time to sell swap them back to the buckets.
This is a sound idea. I'd hate to be that guy trying to sell an RS configured with sofas.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:08 PM
Matthew Scott
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been looking at buying an RS and have also been stuck between the LWB and sofa seats. I've seen those lumbar pillows from Justin Placek which apparently help, but I think the best solution is to just get a set of secondhand sofa seats and throw them in when you want them.
The following users liked this post:
GTZee (11-21-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 07:27 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 81 Posts

yea stock exhaust sucks. If you remove the center muffler and replace with a fabspeed(my 1st RS) or bbi(my current RS) or anything aftermarket, you will lose around 45lbs(? correct me if im wrong) of weight and open up the exhaust to gain a couple horses. And the sound will be amazing.
if you ride in two identical RS, one with a bypass and one without, and have ear plugs in, i doubt you can tell which one has the bypass or not. all i was saying is the obvious and realized difference is the sound, not the weight savings. but yes, weight savings is good
Old 11-21-2023, 07:48 PM
famoruwa
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Greetings all! I am in the market for a GT3 - Test drove a .2 6 speed and loved it...but then drove a .2 RS and was blown away! I know I am preaching to the choir here but what an awesome car. I have a 2019 Huracan Performante Spyder that I love dearly. I was going to replace it with another drop top like a 765 LT, but since prices are absolutely insane on everything I want I started looking for something to add to pair with the Perf (2 cars is better than 1 right??). I think I found it in the RS. I did some searches but there is so much info on line that I figured I would post here and be a little lazy =). Few questions for the gurus:

-The bucket seats are cool, but I really think I want the comfort "sofa" seats for how I will be using the car (no track time). I have weird back issues and even on the test drive my back starts to hurt after 5-10 minutes of driving in the buckets. I know it will be foolish to buy a RS with the sofas but I was thinking of maybe having 2 sets of the seats? Buy one with the buckets and then buy a set of the sofa seats and swap them, then when time to sell swap them back to the buckets. Has anyone had experience with this?

-.1 vs .2 - I am sure this has been debated quite a bit - but is the .2 worth the extra coin for spirited drives on the street? I only have driven the .2

-The market is clearly getting soft - I have been watching .2 manual cars and seeing price drops every few weeks across the US. I switch out cars often and obviously want to try to buy right - would offering 10-20% lower then the list price seem do-able? I am thinking in the next 6 months there will be some great deals.

Any other feedback to a newbie would be appreciated. Look forward to getting into GT3 ownership soon.

Heres a pic of my Perf that I will be pairing the GT3 with:

Winter generally is where prices have retraced a bit. It should pick back up early next year when hibernation is over as it has done in the past.
The following 2 users liked this post by famoruwa:
Gbos1 (01-09-2024), Indyxc (02-02-2024)
Old 11-21-2023, 11:07 PM
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 86 Posts

The 6 speed was fun but i connected a lot more with the RS
I’ve never heard that before lol
The following 3 users liked this post by 786:
cavlino (01-10-2024), GTZee (01-09-2024), Tombstone4478 (11-22-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 11:09 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

you will really like a lot the GT3RS once you own one.
Is a complete beast in the track when compared to the HP.
I do also own a Huracan Performante.

The following 3 users liked this post by Rick GT3:
AlexCeres (11-23-2023), fjpdds (11-25-2023), GTZee (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 12:39 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 387 Posts

OP - I moved to the RS from a Huracan. At that time (2019) I looked at everything - 991.1 GT3/RS, 991.2 GT3, GT3 touring and GT3RS. You're not alone in your personal assessment. Of course, I didn't approach the search with a manual is a must, or I need to be so swayed by the PDK to even think about it, etc. If someone must have a manual, then the RS is simply not in the mix. No 991+ RS comes with a manual transmission. Porsche makes a manual for anyone who wants one - all 991.2 touring are manual, it was an option on the 991.2 GT3. The 992.1 GT3 (whether touring or not) can be ordered in manual. What's different this go around is you can actually order a 992.1 GT3 touring in PDK. Anyhow, maybe more than you want or need to know.

You asked about the 991.1RS vs. the 991.2RS. Do you want to spend ~200K or ~250K? What color inspires you? Do you love the exposed carbon fiber look that is only available on the 991.2RS (this is only available with the Weissach Package)? Most people will recommend getting the newest version you can afford. It is worth the extra $$$. Since you're not going to track it's not worth getting overly technical with all the differences. Both are amazing cars.

The seat question comes up all the time. I wouldn't buy one without carbon bucket seats but that's my personal preference. For me they were part of the entire RS package that I was looking for. Anyhow, your car and your money...get whatever you want. There are RS's for sale with the 18-way seats, and yes some prefer that option. Would it be harder to sell one with the 18-ways = YES. To your question or comment, it would be no issue to buy one with buckets, swap them with 18-ways, and then swap back for selling.

Is it possible to get 10-20% off a listed RS - I don't think so. Of course, if a car is priced so far above market, then sure that might be the dealer game. Hoping to get max value and willing to come down to market value. A dealer/seller is going to miss out on calls, etc., if priced too far out. As a recent marker for you to be aware of - I recently helped a friend sell his RS here on RL. Sold it in a few days. It was a 991.2RS (yellow) with the WP, PPCB, Buckets, etc. Sold for 15k above original MSRP. Car had 5k miles on it and in excellent condition. All stock. You can expect these cars to hold strong, the RS always does. There is obviously no guarantee. And if you apply heavy mods, decide to track it (which is what it is designed for), and then put a ton of miles on it...well expect some depreciation. You can see that now when shopping for the RS.

Riding around in the Huracan was always an event, the darn car was amazing...but a show on wheels. With the RS, even with the massive wing, it was completely different. And for me at this stage in my life, better. I was astonished by how it sounded, how it felt, how it handled, and most importantly how it made me feel driving it. It will never have that Lambo flash (nothing wrong with that btw!), but it more than makes up for it in how it rewards the driver - it is that good.

Enjoy the search, and if you find out you love Miami Blue like everyone else, add another $50K to your budget.

Good luck!
The following 3 users liked this post by CubsFan1:
cavlino (01-10-2024), GTZee (11-22-2023), Muckesäckele (11-24-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 03:54 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 786
I’ve never heard that before lol
yeah I was shocked too - I owned a lot of manual cars in the past but the standard GT3 just wasn’t raw enough for me. The RS is truly next level in my opinion. Now a .1 or .2 RS in a manual - perhaps that would be the perfect street car of all time?
Old 11-22-2023, 03:59 AM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
OP - I moved to the RS from a Huracan. At that time (2019) I looked at everything - 991.1 GT3/RS, 991.2 GT3, GT3 touring and GT3RS. You're not alone in your personal assessment. Of course, I didn't approach the search with a manual is a must, or I need to be so swayed by the PDK to even think about it, etc. If someone must have a manual, then the RS is simply not in the mix. No 991+ RS comes with a manual transmission. Porsche makes a manual for anyone who wants one - all 991.2 touring are manual, it was an option on the 991.2 GT3. The 992.1 GT3 (whether touring or not) can be ordered in manual. What's different this go around is you can actually order a 992.1 GT3 touring in PDK. Anyhow, maybe more than you want or need to know.

You asked about the 991.1RS vs. the 991.2RS. Do you want to spend ~200K or ~250K? What color inspires you? Do you love the exposed carbon fiber look that is only available on the 991.2RS (this is only available with the Weissach Package)? Most people will recommend getting the newest version you can afford. It is worth the extra $$$. Since you're not going to track it's not worth getting overly technical with all the differences. Both are amazing cars.

The seat question comes up all the time. I wouldn't buy one without carbon bucket seats but that's my personal preference. For me they were part of the entire RS package that I was looking for. Anyhow, your car and your money...get whatever you want. There are RS's for sale with the 18-way seats, and yes some prefer that option. Would it be harder to sell one with the 18-ways = YES. To your question or comment, it would be no issue to buy one with buckets, swap them with 18-ways, and then swap back for selling.

Is it possible to get 10-20% off a listed RS - I don't think so. Of course, if a car is priced so far above market, then sure that might be the dealer game. Hoping to get max value and willing to come down to market value. A dealer/seller is going to miss out on calls, etc., if priced too far out. As a recent marker for you to be aware of - I recently helped a friend sell his RS here on RL. Sold it in a few days. It was a 991.2RS (yellow) with the WP, PPCB, Buckets, etc. Sold for 15k above original MSRP. Car had 5k miles on it and in excellent condition. All stock. You can expect these cars to hold strong, the RS always does. There is obviously no guarantee. And if you apply heavy mods, decide to track it (which is what it is designed for), and then put a ton of miles on it...well expect some depreciation. You can see that now when shopping for the RS.

Riding around in the Huracan was always an event, the darn car was amazing...but a show on wheels. With the RS, even with the massive wing, it was completely different. And for me at this stage in my life, better. I was astonished by how it sounded, how it felt, how it handled, and most importantly how it made me feel driving it. It will never have that Lambo flash (nothing wrong with that btw!), but it more than makes up for it in how it rewards the driver - it is that good.

Enjoy the search, and if you find out you love Miami Blue like everyone else, add another $50K to your budget.

Good luck!
great feedback thank you! To swap the seats, how involved is this process? I heard the buckets just have 2 or so bolts on each side then they come out? Would the 18 way just fit and how do they get power and all that?

Quick Reply: Finally drove some GT3's!