Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knockoff ebay wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 12:44 AM
honduh
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Titan 7 only has a 21/20 setup. And APEX only offers wheels with factory steel brakes.

Is there a conversion from 410mm PCCB's to steel 380 rotors?
Old 09-27-2023, 01:30 AM
Jiaim
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I you want replica go to the source at Forza performance group and don't pay fake exotic premium upcharge. Houston Crosta's brand ryft exhausts are aliexpress exhausts and some happy "enthusiasts" like to pay them triple the price....

I'd rather go to Titan wheels.
The following users liked this post:
flsupraguy (09-30-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 08:51 AM
edcli
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tgibrit
why would you buy knock off wheels? Having lived with the constant headache of crap wheels on a Corvette C7 (OEM GM) its not worth the cracks / bends / balance issues you will get with cheap wheels - they are cheap for a reason. on a high performance sports car, IMO its dangerous.
having witnessed the aftermath of wheel failure in the beginning of the esses of Watkins glen, I have to agree. Metal fatigue is a real thing, especially if QC is not up to par. I’ll take the extra lbs and lighter wallet for peace of mind.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:23 AM
honduh
Intermediate

So the ones here to talk **** about "knock off" wheels have no other wheel brands to suggest that are worth running on track.

Thanks for the valuable input guys
Old 09-27-2023, 11:05 AM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by honduh
So the ones here to talk **** about "knock off" wheels have no other wheel brands to suggest that are worth running on track.

What did you expect them to do? Praise knock off wheels for a $200,000+ car? Its a little short sighted to want to save a few grand for track wheels with the potential to damage your car massively...... you gotta pay to play man.....

How about, Forgeline? BBS? a lot have used Apex wheels on track and appear to be track test and proven.
The following users liked this post:
flsupraguy (09-30-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 12:08 PM
honduh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MKIVdan
What did you expect them to do? Praise knock off wheels for a $200,000+ car? Its a little short sighted to want to save a few grand for track wheels with the potential to damage your car massively...... you gotta pay to play man.....

How about, Forgeline? BBS? a lot have used Apex wheels on track and appear to be track test and proven.
Bro, technically APEX knock off other brands

There were a mention of other brands in here that people have vouched for, brands I have never even heard of. My original post asked if those wheels were worth looking at, come to find out they are cheap and not track worthy.

So answer this, 19/19 or 20/20 wheels do you recommend for a .2 RS?
Old 09-27-2023, 12:42 PM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

Bro, technically APEX knock off other brands

There were a mention of other brands in here that people have vouched for, brands I have never even heard of. My original post asked if those wheels were worth looking at, come to find out they are cheap and not track worthy.

So answer this, 19/19 or 20/20 wheels do you recommend for a .2 RS?
I would consider a knock off to be a company that makes an identical wheel to another manufacture, which appears to be the link in your original post. Apex wheels that I have seen have similar looks, I havent had a deep dive into their catalog so there may be wheels that that are total rip offs. All I was saying about Apex wheels is there are tons of guys at the track with their wheels that I have witnessed personally that have not had any issues with them. One of them I personally know with a 991.2 GT3 that has over 40 track days on a set of Apex and he is running the curbs hard and the fastest guys on track.

I am sure if you pick up the phone and ring Forgeline or BBS, they will have a set of or be able to make set of 20's all the way around for your track use.

If you have PCCB then you will have to figure out what wheels will clear them. I had Steel brakes on my 991.1 RS so it wasnt an issue for me. Although I didn't really care about running track wheels, I ran the OEM wheels and just ate the tire cost.

These are sold, but a prime example of forgeline making 19" track wheels for a GT3-RS
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1307683
Old 09-27-2023, 02:04 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I use forgeline for cars I take to the track, the extra investment is well worth it IMO.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:07 PM
honduh
Intermediate

I would consider a knock off to be a company that makes an identical wheel to another manufacture, which appears to be the link in your original post. Apex wheels that I have seen have similar looks, I havent had a deep dive into their catalog so there may be wheels that that are total rip offs. All I was saying about Apex wheels is there are tons of guys at the track with their wheels that I have witnessed personally that have not had any issues with them. One of them I personally know with a 991.2 GT3 that has over 40 track days on a set of Apex and he is running the curbs hard and the fastest guys on track.

I am sure if you pick up the phone and ring Forgeline or BBS, they will have a set of or be able to make set of 20's all the way around for your track use.

If you have PCCB then you will have to figure out what wheels will clear them. I had Steel brakes on my 991.1 RS so it wasnt an issue for me. Although I didn't really care about running track wheels, I ran the OEM wheels and just ate the tire cost.

These are sold, but a prime example of forgeline making 19" track wheels for a GT3-RS
What tires did you run on your 20/20 setup? I saw another post you ran Dunlops, how were those?
Old 09-27-2023, 06:52 PM
MKIVdan
Rennlist Member

What tires did you run on your 20/20 setup? I saw another post you ran Dunlops, how were those?
I was going to get the dunlops, but I ran the stock 20/21 wheels and just used the cup2's that were available. Ive read the dunlops are no longer made so if I kept my 991RS I would have bought 20" wheels and run nankang CRS

Now that I have a 2011 GT3, Im going to run the nankang CRS on the 19's.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:00 PM
VanMcQueen
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

For track, I ran a set of Forgeline GSR1’s in a 20/20 setup on my 1.2 GT3 (pccbs) with zero issues. Lighter than stock and looked pretty good too.

These wheels will be for sale as I have recently upgraded to an RS. I was considering the ICON mag knockoffs as they look closest to OEM (IMO), and was also wondering if anyone here had experience with them. I love the BBS mag style wheel, but don’t want to worry about them all the time…so a forged aluminum version makes more sense to me.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:56 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

UOTE=VanMcQueen;19035530]For track, I ran a set of Forgeline GSR1’s in a 20/20 setup on my 1.2 GT3 (pccbs) with zero issues. Lighter than stock and looked pretty good too.

These wheels will be for sale as I have recently upgraded to an RS. I was considering the ICON mag knockoffs as they look closest to OEM (IMO), and was also wondering if anyone here had experience with them. I love the BBS mag style wheel, but don’t want to worry about them all the time…so a forged aluminum version makes more sense to me.[/QUOTE]

We have the 20" BBS Motorsport RE-MTSP in stock in Forged Aluminum. 20 x 9 et52 and 20 x 12 et47

Satin Black
Satin Platinum
Platinum Glossy
1 Raw set

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Last edited by SupremePower; 09-28-2023 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 03:52 AM
VanMcQueen
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok those are great!!! But 20/20 don’t work anymore since I traded for RS. Do you have 20/21 sizes for RS?
Old 09-29-2023, 10:34 AM
honduh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SupremePower
UOTE=VanMcQueen;19035530]For track, I ran a set of Forgeline GSR1’s in a 20/20 setup on my 1.2 GT3 (pccbs) with zero issues. Lighter than stock and looked pretty good too.

These wheels will be for sale as I have recently upgraded to an RS. I was considering the ICON mag knockoffs as they look closest to OEM (IMO), and was also wondering if anyone here had experience with them. I love the BBS mag style wheel, but don’t want to worry about them all the time…so a forged aluminum version makes more sense to me.
We have the 20" BBS Motorsport RE-MTSP in stock in Forged Aluminum. 20 x 9 et52 and 20 x 12 et47

Satin Black
Satin Platinum
Platinum Glossy
1 Raw set

[/QUOTE]

These are awesome! How much per set? Do you offer 20x10 for the fronts? I have a 2019 RS so will need appropriate fitment for it.

Originally Posted by VanMcQueen
Ok those are great!!! But 20/20 don’t work anymore since I traded for RS. Do you have 20/21 sizes for RS?
Is there a reason why 20/20 won't work on the RS?
Old 09-29-2023, 11:02 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by VanMcQueen
BBS Motorsport WEC Magnesium in stock but perhaps our www.Supremeforged.com SP1 would be of interest in Forged Aluminum?

20/21:

20x10 20x13:

19x10 19x13:

19x10 19x13:

Last edited by SupremePower; 09-29-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Knockoff ebay wheels