Sponsored by:

Suggestions for Drive from RR7 to Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 03:05 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Suggestions for Drive from RR7 to Vegas

I’m driving the GT3T from New Mexico to RR7 - and we are planning a 4 week trip out and back. I have found some great posts about drives up from LA to Carmel. I think we have it planned except for the leg from Carmel / Monterrey to Las Vegas. (Staying a couple of nights in Vegas to visit some folks.)

Any suggestions for a good driving route? Looks like Death Valley National Park is closed due to flooding damage - so that may impact the route.

thanks!

Old 09-08-2023, 05:05 PM
Mthrice
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche
I’m driving the GT3T from New Mexico to RR7 - and we are planning a 4 week trip out and back. I have found some great posts about drives up from LA to Carmel. I think we have it planned except for the leg from Carmel / Monterrey to Las Vegas. (Staying a couple of nights in Vegas to visit some folks.)

Any suggestions for a good driving route? Looks like Death Valley National Park is closed due to flooding damage - so that may impact the route.

thanks!
The blast up the 58 from Bakersfield thru Tehachapi is a lot of fun, other than that, it's a pretty straight drive.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by SantaFePorsche

thanks!
be aware that Rt 1 is (still I believe) closed north of San Luis Obispo....
Old 09-09-2023, 12:17 PM
SantaFePorsche
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2023, 06:58 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 655 Likes on 287 Posts

Vegas has a couple good drives.

Look at Valley of Fire, mostly freeway to get there but pretty once you are there.

Red Rock Canyon - You probably will need a reservation if you are here on the weekend. Check the National Park website to arrange a visit. If you dont go into the park itself, the drive on State Route 159 is nice.

There is a nice loop through Mt. Charleston as well. Beautiful drive and curvy roads.

Also, the lakeside drive of Lake Mead starting through Boulder City is nice too. It's a national park so you will have to pay an entrance fee of like $20 if you do that. But worth it.

Those are the main ones. If you have a few extra hours there is a cool club racetrack in Pahrump about an hour from Vegas. You wont get on track but you could tour the facility.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Drive from RR7 to Vegas