Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche service with in-house transport ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 09:11 PM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Porsche service with in-house transport ???

Are there any excellent Porsche service shops regardless of location that have the option of in house transport for a customer from out of state? Looking at Rahal and Champion for example and wondered if others have this option. Long story short...no good local/state option in my fly over state..period, including the local P dealer--sales side is fine, service not up to par for anything but a Macan. Nothing extreme, just a lot of catch up major service maintenance for a new to me .1 3RS...fluids, plugs, belt, CL service, pads etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:52 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Don't know where you are located... But Beechwood Porsche in Ohio does, there is a tri-state limit on how far they will go... (Or maybe it is milage).. Not sure.

I bought mine from them (they are Northern Ohio) - they delivered to me at no charge, my 2 local (Southern Ohio get very few allocations, so I just continue to buy mine from Beechwood). Both of my local dealers have great service departments, so I just service here.

Hard to believe you don't have any good dealers or indys in close driving distance. In Cincy, we have the 2 dealers as mentioned above, but also 3-4 awesome independents that are also top notch..

For my Mclaren, as there is no dealer within 300 miles or so. I actually group with other McLaren owners locally and fly a mechanic in for the services, we spit the cost of the flight/hotel, have him come in for 2-3 days (depending on how many owners need stuff done). Actually ended up costing much less than an enclosed transport to and from a dealer for just one person - to bring him in. A few of us have a lift, he brings the scanner and unique tools he might need, we provide the rest of the standard tools as most have pretty equipped garages. That my be an option, find someone you can bring in (especially if you have a few that need service and not any/many options locally)..
The following users liked this post:
HpIzKing (08-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Porsche service with in-house transport ???