Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a former PEC + Press car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023 | 05:57 AM
tinycabbages
AutoX

Default Buy a former PEC + Press car

GT3 RS former press and PEC car. Its PDK so can't be red-lined. Done 25k, tires and brakes will be replaced, no other damage. 1 year warranty, certified pre-owned. Would you buy it? and if so, how much of a discount would you expect?
Old 06-25-2023 | 06:03 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Lots of variables, how many miles was it in PEC? 25K is a lot so I guess there may have been a second owner for it already?

The cars have a hard life (and most certainly don't follow the break in procedure) but are maintained on schedule. I bought a 981 once that had been in the local PEC but it only had 3000 miles on it and only 6 months of use so it was nearly new. Never skipped a beat.

That said I wouldn't pay as much for it as I would for a demonstrably well cared for privately owned sample. Hundreds of people have driven it hard with various degrees of (in)competence after all.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (06-27-2023)
Old 06-25-2023 | 06:43 AM
tinycabbages
AutoX

No, just owned by porsche. They also used it to travel between porsche centres they told me.....It's had a really hard life already.

Old 06-25-2023 | 08:18 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

-$10-20k to private market comps.
Old 06-26-2023 | 04:42 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It’s kind of a mixed bag, Porsche takes really good care of their PEC cars but they also only live one life.

Has anyone come forwards saying they bought a PEC car that turned out to be junk? I would assume Porsche would step up if something bad happened and they were the relevant PO

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Larry Cable (06-27-2023)
Old 06-26-2023 | 06:18 PM
tinycabbages
AutoX

Originally Posted by stitchtosample
It’s kind of a mixed bag, Porsche takes really good care of their PEC cars but they also only live one life.

Has anyone come forwards saying they bought a PEC car that turned out to be junk? I would assume Porsche would step up if something bad happened and they were the relevant PO
Good point, no i don't think i have seen anyone say their PEC car turned out to be junk.
Larry Cable (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023 | 03:47 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

If you want a car you dont have to worry about using this is a great way to go. The Press and PEC cars are very well maintained. I was considering one when I was looking because I want to track the crap out of my car. I found a high mileage example that was well maintained and it has been almost flawless since I bought it and it's seen a lot of track miles already. I say "almost" flawless because I shredded a serpentine belt on track which caused it to overheat. A new belt was installed and it's been awesome since. The 4.0 is a really tough motor so I wouldn't have any hesitation if I were you. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Buy a former PEC + Press car