991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 PCCB rotor density data - need help interpreting data from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 01:27 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,596 Posts

Originally Posted by 911turbofan
Thanks everyone for your inputs. Really appreciate it. This car is being sold by an authorized Porsche dealer and is being offered as CPO. I talked to the Master tech and he said that while its possible to tamper the odometer, there are many other components that register usage in the ECU.
They are confident that the mileage is legit. on brake wear at 40-50% in less than 9K miles, he mentioned is that if the driver turned on PSM while tracking the car or in DE session, brakes would be used excessively in automated mode to keep the car in control and that would be cause excessive wear.

Would be great to get inputs on other who have swapped out PCCB for non-OEM iron rotors on 991.2 GT3.
PSM is on by default, and most people tracking the car leave it on. A good driver won’t trigger the PSM much.

PTV is also on by default (I don’t think it can be turned off), and my understanding is that it drags the brake of the inner rear wheel in corners. So that wouldn’t explain your having similar rotor wear in the front and rear.

I still think the car has been heavily tracked, and I doubt the odometer has been messed with.

The car could still be a buy if you like the build and price.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 PCCB rotor density data - need help interpreting data from dealer