Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 10:01 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

This car popped up on my radar screen. I haven't been following the GT3 market very closely, but wanted to ask this forum for an opinion on this car. If I buy it, it will primarily see track duty. I'd look to install a bolt-in roll bar, race seats with a 6 pt harness, and change the PCCB brakes to steel. Beyond that, I don't think I'd look to make any mods. The car will probably see 15-20 track days per year.

Any thoughts?

Used White 2015 Porsche 911 2dr Cpe GT3 for sale: WP0AC2A9XFS183795 (sewell.com)
Old 04-22-2023, 12:16 PM
Xec
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
This car popped up on my radar screen. I haven't been following the GT3 market very closely, but wanted to ask this forum for an opinion on this car. If I buy it, it will primarily see track duty. I'd look to install a bolt-in roll bar, race seats with a 6 pt harness, and change the PCCB brakes to steel. Beyond that, I don't think I'd look to make any mods. The car will probably see 15-20 track days per year.

Any thoughts?

Used White 2015 Porsche 911 2dr Cpe GT3 for sale: WP0AC2A9XFS183795 (sewell.com)
I bought my car from them a year ago. I checked that car out a few weeks ago, looked clean. I paid more than that for a cheaper spec and more mileage too.

Last edited by Xec; 04-23-2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:38 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

I would think you could buy a car that comes with the bucket seats for less than that it looks to be on the higher end of the market right now., so I don't think I would consider it a "good deal". If it hasn't had the engine replaced I personally would avoid this particular car.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:59 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

This one has PCCB. Great for the street/highway, and maybe a couple of track days per year. But if you will track it as much as you say, you will soon be looking at new brakes. So figure that into your thinking.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:39 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

Looks like a very clean and nicely equipped example. And it was recently a CPO for the last buyer, which speaks to it being at least qualified to meet those requirements. Btw, the CPO only transfers with private party transactions when not sold through a Porsche dealer. Haven't priced the market but it seems reasonable based on some that have popped up on RL. The engine warranty (assuming the documentation is accurate) is due to expire in Dec 2024. That said, based on your use case, you might hold out for a steel car with buckets. The two options (no PCCB but yes Buckets) should be offset on price. With that much track duty that would be my preference. As you can read there is a ton of speculation about what happens post engine warranty. From what I've read, those who track are more likely to punch their ticket for a new motor. I would look to see which version this vehicle has. Even so, I believe there will be a floor for 991.1 GT3 when the warranties expire, and if you were to use it as you state you likely would have driven all that depreciation out anyway - which is the point IMHO. Aesthetically, I think the 911.1 is a stunner.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:11 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for all of the feedback. Based on 1) the input i received from you guys 2) my conversation with a former 991.2 owner and 3) my conversation with a current 991.1 owner I decided that this probably isn’t the car for me. When I went to the dealer to see the car in person, I was told that the car was already sold so it became a moot point. In any event, I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to share their POV. Hopefully, I’ll be back looking for opinions on another car soon.

Have a blessed day!!

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?