Whose GT3 RS was that?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 10:42 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts
Default Whose GT3 RS was that?

Two days ago a white GT3 RS was headed up Quentin Rd in Lake Zurich, IL (Wednesday, April 12) as I was commuting home.

I heard it before I saw it.

It then came up to the light, took a left, and jetted off into the distance.

That thing sounded like a beast. A positive beast! One of the best sounding cars I’ve ever heard. I’m sure it had an exhaust.

Any of you happen to be the owner? Please reveal yourself!

I am in awe, my friends. In awe. I would never give up my R8, but I gotta tell ya, I’d love to add a GT3 or GT3 RS to my stable knowing how amazing they can sound
Old 04-16-2023, 08:14 AM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Tupper, we chatted on my thread on R8talk about the Soul Race exhaust. While I do not own the car the you encountered, I do have a 991.1 GT3RS with Soul side muffler and center muffler bypasses. It’s a glorious sound. For a track car it’s perfect. For a street car I would keep the stock side mufflers and do the center muffler bypass for the volume increase while not having to worry about drone. The drone is pretty irritating after a while cruising between 2-3k rpm.

Definitely keep your R8! I love mine as well. It’s a much nicer street car than my GT3RS. I would absolutely add a GT3 or GT3RS as it is such an incredible driving experience. It’s raw and engaging. The car is intuitive, communicative, and connected to you and the road. I use mine as primarily a track car and it really is perfect for that niche. Here’s a quick crude clip my buddy took of me at VIR.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (04-16-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 11:58 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts

^ Hey, I remember your thread at R8 talk. A GT3 RS and an R8! Now that’s the life.

Im pretty sure I can only pull off one of these cars while keeping my marriage, LOL. But I have to admit, I’d love to add a GT3 to my collection.
The following users liked this post:
PCarOMFS (04-16-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 11:28 AM
jayspillz
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

hey that was me! Assuming it looked like the one below:

Last edited by jayspillz; 04-19-2023 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:03 PM
thunderdent
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

My Dad got to drive my 3RS and my R8 on the same day over Easter weekend when my parents were down, both cars for the first time. He said the RS was planted no matter what he did, but he liked the smoothness and power of the R8, and the fact it was a manual. Heck of a lot easier to get in and out of for sure he said too!

I love both my cars. The RS is definitely harsher, but in a good way. They were certainly purpose built. I love driving both cars, but different driving experiences completely. Lucky to have both in the stable.

As far as exhausts go, I've got an Avior Titanium x-pipe (4-lbs.) that removes all secondary cats to go on my R8. Also swapping out the headers to the LMS ones and moving the primary cats to 200 cell Race cats. That should liven up that exhaust note.

For the RS, I'm still undecided.
I for sure and am removing the side mufflers. Those things are so heavy and holy crap they lay right against the rear tires. Haven't decided on valves or not yet. But will likely stay valved since there is a dedicated button on the RS. Will prob just stay with the Ti Center OEM. I won't be running it hard at the track, so shouldn't have to worry about cracking. Hopefully staying valved side deletes with OEM center will keep the drone away, but increase some sound.

Last edited by thunderdent; 04-19-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Whose GT3 RS was that?