Sponsored by:

Looking for 2019 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 12:37 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for 2019 GT3 RS

Hi, I recently started my search and was able to find two locally for me, unfortunately, one of them is from Canada but with low miles and obviously driven in snowy conditions and the other Lizard green, which my wife shot down. I had the opportunity to drive my buddies Weissach RS yesterday and wow, amazing, which exceeded my expectations.. I actually drive a couple of his other cars (2022 Porsche GT3 manual, 2020 Mercedes GTR Pro and McLaren 765 LT (insanely fast car)) and I still prefer the GT3 RS W/Weissach package

Although I’ve had many weekend cars, currently have 2021 Ford GT500 CFTP, my first mussel car, I’m a true Porsche guy at heart. Unfortunately. I sold my 1997 Turbo S some years ago and recently my 1997 Porsche Turbo.

I’m not familiar with the newer Porsches, Amy suggestions with what to look for mechanically? I will obtain a mechanical inspection before purchasing but know how this Forum is such a wealth of knowledge that I’d appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by toddturbos; 04-07-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 03:11 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 403 Posts

Is there a particular color you're looking for? I have friend with a yellow one with the WP. He rarely drives it as he is too busy running his business. It hasn't been tracked, is completely stock and has about 4,500 miles. It's equipped with PCCB, buckets, full leather, PCM, black wheels, extended tank, etc. It's located in TN. It's not listed for sale anywhere. Good luck in your hunt.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:12 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
Is there a particular color you're looking for? I have friend with a yellow one with the WP. He rarely drives it as he is too busy running his business. It hasn't been tracked, is completely stock and has about 4,500 miles. It's equipped with PCCB, buckets, full leather, PCM, black wheels, extended tank, etc. It's located in TN. It's not listed for sale anywhere. Good luck in your hunt.
thanks for the lead, yellow is an amazing color, although I really prefer Chalk or possibly Miami blue. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:47 PM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I want to see pics of a yellow RS with WP. I bet that's an awesome looking car.

OP, check for the stuff you would on any exotic you are going to purchase. Service history, clean Carfax, etc. Get a PPI done, and then just make sure it has the options you want. I'd strongly suggest FAL, as these cars aren't easy to get in and out of alot of places without it.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:02 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

The following users liked this post:
WhySock (04-08-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 05:29 PM
RogueNinja
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm biased, but Racing Yellow is a great color! This pic of my car was taken by OC Car's and Coffee a few weeks ago. Decals were pulled for the full PPF and I was debating if to put them back on, but they're back on now.
The following 2 users liked this post by RogueNinja:
Slightly_Focused (04-10-2023), WhySock (04-08-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:04 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Originally Posted by RogueNinja

I'm biased, but Racing Yellow is a great color! This pic of my car was taken by OC Car's and Coffee a few weeks ago. Decals were pulled for the full PPF and I was debating if to put them back on, but they're back on now.
great looking RS.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:19 PM
kaylie
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 103 Posts

san Clemente?
Old 04-07-2023, 11:36 PM
RogueNinja
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:57 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Both of those look great! @RogueNinja yours looks pretty clean without the decals. I initially didn't like the side decals on the .2 RS, but they have grown on me.
@CubsFan1 I'm surprised I haven't seen you cruising the streets of Houston. Yellow definitely stands out. Actually, I guess I'm not that surprised since I rarely see RS Pcars around here, which is strange. You can't throw a rock around River Oaks district without hitting a Ferrari, McLaren, or Lambo, but I'll go months and months without seeing another RS in the area.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:28 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

@WhySock - I have the Oslo Blue targa. I did have a 991.1RS but sold it last year. The yellow RS belongs to a friend and former neighbor who mentioned to me he is looking to sell. He's not on RL and his car isn't listed anywhere. From time-to-time folks on here list that they are looking and if there is mutual interest, I'm happy to connect.

Agree with the rarity of seeing an RS driving around. This is my second stint living in HOU. Heck, even in WA, AZ, CO I didn't see RS's cruising around much. Certainly, they are around these places but still more rare to see vs. Lambo, and others you mention.
WhySock (04-09-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 02:46 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Posting more pics for those

wanting more details.

WhySock (04-09-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 06:18 PM
JRoman21
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by toddturbos
Hi, I recently started my search and was able to find two locally for me, unfortunately, one of them is from Canada but with low miles and obviously driven in snowy conditions and the other Lizard green, which my wife shot down. I had the opportunity to drive my buddies Weissach RS yesterday and wow, amazing, which exceeded my expectations.. I actually drive a couple of his other cars (2022 Porsche GT3 manual, 2020 Mercedes GTR Pro and McLaren 765 LT (insanely fast car)) and I still prefer the GT3 RS W/Weissach package

Although I’ve had many weekend cars, currently have 2021 Ford GT500 CFTP, my first mussel car, I’m a true Porsche guy at heart. Unfortunately. I sold my 1997 Turbo S some years ago and recently my 1997 Porsche Turbo.

I’m not familiar with the newer Porsches, Amy suggestions with what to look for mechanically? I will obtain a mechanical inspection before purchasing but know how this Forum is such a wealth of knowledge that I’d appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
Check your PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 01:29 AM
toddturbos
Racer

Originally Posted by JRoman21
Check your PM.
thanks. I just responded
Old 04-09-2023, 09:38 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

@WhySock - I have the Oslo Blue targa. I did have a 991.1RS but sold it last year. The yellow RS belongs to a friend and former neighbor who mentioned to me he is looking to sell. He's not on RL and his car isn't listed anywhere. From time-to-time folks on here list that they are looking and if there is mutual interest, I'm happy to connect.

Agree with the rarity of seeing an RS driving around. This is my second stint living in HOU. Heck, even in WA, AZ, CO I didn't see RS's cruising around much. Certainly, they are around these places but still more rare to see vs. Lambo, and others you mention.
I'll keep my eye out for your Oslo Blue Targa. Great color!

Quick Reply: Looking for 2019 GT3 RS