Swaybar endlinks

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 04:34 AM
hatallas
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Swaybar endlinks

Hi

there are a couple of options for endlinks, and while doing my research on them, I haven’t found many if any reviews.

some shops highly recommend them while others straight out said not to waste money on them.

Any one bought any or have experience with?

on a 991.1 GT3 mainly for track use.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:45 AM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by hatallas
Hi

there are a couple of options for endlinks, and while doing my research on them, I haven’t found many if any reviews.

some shops highly recommend them while others straight out said not to waste money on them.

Any one bought any or have experience with?

on a 991.1 GT3 mainly for track use.
I just got the new Dundon endlinks: https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...set-front-rear

They look very well-built. I previously ran the Tarett ones on my GT4. For a GT car that sees track time, I think front tie rods and end links are generally the first mods done. I just did my first event in the 991.2 GT3 on the OE alignment (with OE parts) just to get a baseline this past weekend, and while it was a ton of fun, I'm definitely excited to put all the aftermarket alignment bits on and get it properly set up. I'm sure others will respond with their first-hand experience, but pretty quick research on RL will support doing end links and front tie rods, followed by an alignment and corner balance.

I hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2023, 01:18 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,976 Likes on 2,816 Posts

I've just been using complete factory swaybars without issue. Aftermarket adjustable ones can tend to be noisier and wear out sooner, but they have the advantage of being able to zero out the preload on the bars after a corner-balance if you are very focused on track behavior (above all else). Preload can alter the corner balance numbers, once the bars are reconnected (if disconnected during corner-balance) and can have a small effect on the handling of the car around the center steering position.

Last edited by GrantG; 03-27-2023 at 01:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Anu2g (03-27-2023)

Quick Reply: Swaybar endlinks