Sponsored by:

Washer Fluid Hose in Frunk Lid - Fauly Design

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 12:45 PM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Washer Fluid Hose in Frunk Lid - Fauly Design

Seems the material is essentially like one of those Bendy Plastic Drinking Straws... with enough flexing from opening/closing the frunk, it will eventually snap. I've had mine replaced already under warranty, but its been replaced with the same faulty part.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the 992 design where its fully rubber? Or if a hotfix exists?
Old 03-19-2023, 09:54 PM
Rapter
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinh Nguyen
Seems the material is essentially like one of those Bendy Plastic Drinking Straws... with enough flexing from opening/closing the frunk, it will eventually snap. I've had mine replaced already under warranty, but its been replaced with the same faulty part.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the 992 design where it’sfully rubber? Or if a hotfix exists?
I fixed mine with clear tubing and 2 hose clamps…. My solution worked for 3 years but then was replaced by the dealer without my knowledge.

the replacement then broke in 6 months. I have had a total of 6 or 7 of these hoses.

really poor design.
The following users liked this post:
Vinh Nguyen (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 10:01 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Run it dry and forget it. That is my fix. Pukes on the side of the car under cornering.

Quick Reply: Washer Fluid Hose in Frunk Lid - Fauly Design