Sponsored by:

Rear bumper valance replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 01:54 AM
MTN
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Rear bumper valance replacement

Discovered that there's a slight blemish on my rear bumper valance on my 991.2 GT3. I tried to search here for instructions to remove and replace but couldn't find one. Does the procedure require the removal of the rear bumper?
This is the part on Suncoast's site.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:02 PM
MTN
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 02-26-2023, 01:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

I maybe able to help as I have removed my 991.2 GT3 bumper a couple of times - edit ... saw the link to the part ... honestly I haven't looked at the valance when I have had the bumper off
but if you want help/guidance on how to do this, I can assist...

looking at PET it appears as though the trim is held on my clips and some scews/washers ... it may be able to be removed w/o removing the bumper itself.

ordering a replacement part would certainly guide you in how its mounted and indicate hot to R&R ...

if you do take the bumper off, replace your ait filters at the same time - and if you have an inclination to replace any exhaust components too that's the time to do it ...

as a DIY it took me around 3ish hours to do this myself.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 02-26-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:14 AM
MTN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I maybe able to help as I have removed my 991.2 GT3 bumper a couple of times - edit ... saw the link to the part ... honestly I haven't looked at the valance when I have had the bumper off
but if you want help/guidance on how to do this, I can assist...

looking at PET it appears as though the trim is held on my clips and some scews/washers ... it may be able to be removed w/o removing the bumper itself.

ordering a replacement part would certainly guide you in how its mounted and indicate hot to R&R ...

if you do take the bumper off, replace your ait filters at the same time - and if you have an inclination to replace any exhaust components too that's the time to do it ...

as a DIY it took me around 3ish hours to do this myself.
Thanks for the offer to help. I'll order the part. I'm still doing some research on exhaust to decide on which option to go with. Appreciate the tip about the air filters. The car only has 2,500 miles so new air filters might not be necessary yet.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

I think you can remove the valance w/o removing the bumper, probably need to jack the rear to get "easier" access to the screws retaining the valance onto the bumper itself ...
Old 02-28-2023, 10:49 PM
MTN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think you can remove the valance w/o removing the bumper, probably need to jack the rear to get "easier" access to the screws retaining the valance onto the bumper itself ...
Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper valance replacement