Sponsored by:

Lets talk about aftermarket exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 10:48 AM
dsteding
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikChich
I'm running Akrapovic headers (100 cell cats) with their side deletes & center bypass on my .2 GT3
It sounds amazing at full throttle but it's just too loud under normal driving conditions. It drones, vibrates, & my ears are ringing after a couple hours in the car.

I've been thinking of switching this out for Dundon street headers & their "loud" center muffler or just Dundon headers w/ stock center in an effort to quiet the car down.

Does anyone have any input on how loud the "loud" muffler from Dundon is with their street headers?
I have a 991.1 with Dundon street headers and loud muffler. No excessive drone, my ears aren’t in rough shape after long drives. But it is louder than stock. I find it perfect for the car, on street and the track. But if you don’t want loud, I’d suggest their street headers and stock muffler, or their street headers and quiet muffler, which still sounds amazing, just toned down a bit.

Last edited by dsteding; 02-17-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Vinh Nguyen
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 96 Posts

I got a dundon setup too. street headers and loud muffler.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:26 AM
Proturbo
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the iPE center muffler on my 991.2T. More than adequate for my use (not on track). Gives a nice F1 sound in high revs and sounds muffled when the valves are closed. Perfect match in my opinion.

...and should be fairly easy to swap back to original for PAW.

The following users liked this post:
WheelsB (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 11:53 AM
markiegt3
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

I am in the UK and would like to fit the Dundon street headers and keep the standard muffler on my 991.2gt3, trouble is, if you so much as change the valve cap to non standard, you invalidate the extended warranty, which seem stricter than in the US.

I could possibly fit and remove before a service, but it is all a bit of a faff, but the Dundon system really sounds like it would make a performance & weight difference. Can any 991.2 owners confirm they can feel a real difference to the power delivery?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-18-2023, 08:26 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 661 Likes on 291 Posts

So I had the IPE setup on my car when I bought it. I thought it sounded great but about a month ago I started to get a weird rattle and the exhaust didn't sound so good anymore. Turns out I blew a hole in one of the mufflers. I ended up getting a full Cargraphics exhaust with less than 1000 miles on it. I have to say, I much prefer the sound of the Cargraphics exhaust over the IPE. The Cargraphics has a nicer slightly deeper sound where the IPE was a little more "tinny". Anyway, I would highly consider this setup if you are looking for quality. This combination is very loud though. It sounds awesome but it's Loud. With the valves closed it's totally livable and I didn't get any drone driving to the track. But open the valves and...... LOUD NOISES!!!! It's so awesome!
If anyone wants my old IPE headers let me know. They have probably over 30000 miles on them but I'd take a reasonable offer.

That hole is not supposed to be there....

Carbon fiber tips under the towels....
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (03-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Lets talk about aftermarket exhausts