GT3 verus wing risers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 03:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWagon
Thinking about this too...
I wondered about that too - Manthey obviously spent some time working on the design of their wing and balancing the rear downforce at the front of the car, hence why they wont sell their wing w/o the
cup front splitter.

IMO and its just an opinion - having an imbalance in downforce at high speed is not a good thing ... especially on track ... an additional 70+ d/f over the rear wheels at speed is relatively significant ... it should be ok for street driving though
where speeds and d/f are lower.

I will pass... YMMV
The following users liked this post:
DiscoWagon (02-06-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 03:55 PM
hatallas
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I wondered about that too - Manthey obviously spent some time working on the design of their wing and balancing the rear downforce at the front of the car, hence why they wont sell their wing w/o the
cup front splitter.

IMO and its just an opinion - having an imbalance in downforce at high speed is not a good thing ... especially on track ... an additional 70+ d/f over the rear wheels at speed is relatively significant ... it should be ok for street driving though

I will pass... YMMV
on the MR side, having had a couple of pints with them when they came to setup a couple of cars.
the 991.1 will take the wing, but they do not sell a lip for it, they do recommend the RS lip and canards. Their main concern were the spring rates.
and for the .2, their lip is the cup lip.

i asked them why they didn’t raise the spoiler they gave a simple answer, aesthetic. They want the car to look OEM just bigger. They didn’t say but they also did not not say (wink wink) a 3 to 4” lift on their wing will create more DF and less drag due to a smaller AOA.
Larry Cable (11-18-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hatallas
on the MR side, having had a couple of pints with them when they came to setup a couple of cars.
the 991.1 will take the wing, but they do not sell a lip for it, they do recommend the RS lip and canards. Their main concern were the spring rates.
and for the .2, their lip is the cup lip.

i asked them why they didn’t raise the spoiler they gave a simple answer, aesthetic. They want the car to look OEM just bigger. They didn’t say but they also did not not say (wink wink) a 3 to 4” lift on their wing will create more DF and less drag due to a smaller AOA.
I tend to be very skeptical about aero mods particularly if they have not been properly designed and tested ... I think I'll stick with my MR wing at the OEM height ...

apart from anything else I think the exposed bolts and tabs on the OEM wing + the riser isn't very visually attractive

Old 02-06-2023, 12:16 AM
hatallas
Advanced

I am not affiliated with verus, but I have installed some of their full aero kits on a couple of cars.
they spend days working on CAD designs and road test their kits with various pro drivers.

just think of one thing, the cup car aero, it has the OEM GT3 shape front bumper, and fenders. The lip and the front tunnels are different, the rest is identical. The rear doesn’t have a diffuser but has that massive wing, which makes so much DF that it needs reinforced mounting plate.

but that being said, the MR wing just looks super class on it’s own.

ps: hey Larry, still haven’t installed the GT4 strakes 😅, will do all the new aero mods at once.
Larry Cable (11-18-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:37 PM
DiscoWagon
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts

cup front splitter.

I will pass... YMMV
Makes sense, I'll stick with how the kit was designed. There is just no visibility out the rear window when in the high downforce position
Larry Cable (11-18-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hatallas
I am not affiliated with verus, but I have installed some of their full aero kits on a couple of cars.
they spend days working on CAD designs and road test their kits with various pro drivers.

just think of one thing, the cup car aero, it has the OEM GT3 shape front bumper, and fenders. The lip and the front tunnels are different, the rest is identical. The rear doesn’t have a diffuser but has that massive wing, which makes so much DF that it needs reinforced mounting plate.

but that being said, the MR wing just looks super class on it’s own.

ps: hey Larry, still haven’t installed the GT4 strakes 😅, will do all the new aero mods at once.
me neither!

Old 02-06-2023, 12:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Makes sense, I'll stick with how the kit was designed. There is just no visibility out the rear window when in the high downforce position
why do you have it set at high DF?

I think it would be ok on street, I would not use it on high speed tracks though
Old 02-06-2023, 01:24 PM
hatallas
Advanced

the oem one pretty bad but the MR is amazing against trucks tailgating at night 😆
The following 2 users liked this post by hatallas:
DiscoWagon (02-06-2023), Larry Cable (11-18-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 04:33 PM
DiscoWagon
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts

why do you have it set at high DF?

I think it would be ok on street, I would not use it on high speed tracks though
Car is rarely driven on the street so I just run it in high DF all the time.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Car is rarely driven on the street so I just run it in high DF all the time.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:44 PM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 9914s

Thanks for sharing the pics. What setup are you running for the front lip and lip side trim pieces? That looks cleaner than most of the cup lip conversions I've seen
Old 02-10-2023, 06:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I might be wrong here but it looks very much like the GT3RS splitter and trim to me

I'm wrong - its not.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 02-10-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:54 PM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

I might be wrong here but it looks very much like the GT3RS splitter and trim to me
I believe the 3RS side trim goes all the way up to the side markers
Old 02-10-2023, 06:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Anu2g
I believe the 3RS side trim goes all the way up to the side markers
it does! - I looked again more closely!
Old 02-10-2023, 06:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I wonder is it the 3RS splitter with the OEM GT3 side trim?

Quick Reply: GT3 verus wing risers