suspension options

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 08:59 PM
JCGT3rs
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default suspension options

Hello All...

The 3RS is undergoing a bit of a suspension refresh, specifically the front and it seems that there is a bit of a delay on OEM parts. In question are the front lower control arms. I was curious if you have any aftermarket recommendations that improve on the stock LA's but ride similar to the OEM's. I enjoy the ride and am not looking to increase level of teeth chatter. I already have a car that does that and not looking to mimic that here.

Thanks for your input.

Jorge
Old 01-08-2023, 12:10 AM
dsteding
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JCGT3rs
Hello All...

The 3RS is undergoing a bit of a suspension refresh, specifically the front and it seems that there is a bit of a delay on OEM parts. In question are the front lower control arms. I was curious if you have any aftermarket recommendations that improve on the stock LA's but ride similar to the OEM's. I enjoy the ride and am not looking to increase level of teeth chatter. I already have a car that does that and not looking to mimic that here.

Thanks for your input.

Jorge
E-Motion makes nice LCAs. Most aftermarket stuff will have less rubber in it which will firm up the ride. I don’t think just replacing the stock LCAs with something like what E-Motion makes will make for a teeth chattering ride at all.

I’ve been slowly working to get the rubber joints out of my 991.1 GT3, and have MCS three ways on the car. That has all improved ride over stock, on the street and track.
The following 2 users liked this post by dsteding:
Crubbert (01-08-2023), Seth Thomas (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 11:02 AM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

Hello All...

Thanks for your input.

Jorge
i have E-Motion spherical bearing LCAs on my Carrera and love them. Ride is not harsh and no noise. Infinite suspension adjustment and improved handling.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:19 PM
JCGT3rs
Instructor

something like this?

Old 01-08-2023, 12:28 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

something like this?
yes
Old 01-08-2023, 12:50 PM
JCGT3rs
Instructor

and there is no clatter or vibration pushing up through the chassis ? The car has radio delete so all I hear is the car and while I enjoy the sound of the motor... road clatter would suck
Old 01-08-2023, 01:11 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

and there is no clatter or vibration pushing up through the chassis ? The car has radio delete so all I hear is the car and while I enjoy the sound of the motor... road clatter would suck
No noise from the LCA bearings at all and I do not notice any more viibration. These cars have so much tire noise it would drown out anything else. But no the LCA are silent and I was worried about that also.
The following users liked this post:
IRunalot (02-25-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:51 AM
Dumpspec
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

i’m selling a used set of Emotion Engineering front inner control arms if you are interested.

https://emotionengineering.co/collec...r-control-arms
Old 01-11-2023, 06:23 PM
Lolo La Torche
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts

Can this kind of bushing replacement improve precision and handling in a more "discrete" way (keeping OEM Arms)?

Old 01-11-2023, 08:00 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lolo La Torche
Can this kind of bushing replacement improve precision and handling in a more "discrete" way (keeping OEM Arms)?

That would help with caster adjustment and get rid of some of the play by taking the rubber out.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:25 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

It seems like you prefer to stay stock but the parts are not readily available. I was recently shopping for suspension upgrade parts for my RS and the after market stuff is not necessarily available any sooner than OEM. When I looked I couldn’t get anything from E-motion, BBi and ended up going with Tarett for my parts as they were the only ones to parts on hand.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:43 AM
JCGT3rs
Instructor

Hmmmm.. my experience is different. As of this week, the local Porsche dealership had one in stock and the other would arrive sometime in February. I reached out e-motion and they arrived already - about a two day turn a round. They and I are both in So Cal. I'm now going to see about upgrading the rear LCA's....

Old 01-14-2023, 01:38 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Lucky you. I really wanted to try out the E-motion but they were out of stock a few weeks ago. I contacted BBi spoke to someone, they asked if it was a web order or install at their shop. I said web order and they said they would call me back. No call back so I assume installs get priority on parts. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from Tarett for other cars so I really wanted to try out E-motion, pricey but the stuff looks well engineered.
Old 01-14-2023, 09:48 AM
JCGT3rs
Instructor

understood .... I am reaching out to them for some rear suspension items. Their customer service via online was positive. By that I mean they offered an email address and actually responded. Can't tell you how many times that has NOT happened. My last communications was this week so perhaps they have more items in stock now. I'll share the response I get. I'm hoping to have the car competed and returned by end of next week..
Old 01-14-2023, 11:10 AM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

I previously had a 944T that I took from stock to full race suspension - it went from great on the street to not streetable (but fabulous on track). I did it all at once and it wasn't clear to me specifically which changes made it worse (chattery/harsh/noisy). For those who have been through it - which suspension changes improve or are neutral for ride quality and which changes make it worse? The E-motion stuff looks great and I would be interested in using some/all of the items that don't degrade ride quality.

Quick Reply: suspension options