“Precision 911” reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 04:40 PM
hatallas
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default “Precision 911” reviews

Hi all,

i have been trying to slowly increase the DF on my .1 GT3, did the usual bits, cup lip, canards, under strakes and rear diffuser, also have dundon gurney flap. And I am debating between the MR lip or the cup wing now.
searching around I found this:
https://precision911.com/product/cup-wing-991/
it seems to be “a lot” cheaper than other shops.

has any one dealt with them before?
Old 10-12-2022, 06:34 PM
DiscoWagon
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 95 Posts

Those aren't genuine Porsche parts hence the price disparity, not sure if you noticed in their description: "PORSCHE 991 CUP WING UPDATE MANUFACTURE BY PRECISION PORSCHE."

But if DF is all you care about, it's not a bad option. Have you considered the Dundon wing?

Last edited by DiscoWagon; 10-12-2022 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:39 AM
hatallas
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoWagon
Those aren't genuine Porsche parts hence the price disparity, not sure if you noticed in their description: "PORSCHE 991 CUP WING UPDATE MANUFACTURE BY PRECISION PORSCHE."

But if DF is all you care about, it's not a bad option. Have you considered the Dundon wing?
always been a big fan of OEM+ style of modding.
the verus kit is amazing, but this is my daily even if I don’t use it that much, I wouldn’t even make it in my basement parking with it.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:24 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean with your basement comment with regards to the Ventus splitter? The Ventus front splitter bolts underneath the OEM lip and decreases the clearance in the front by about 5/8ths. It's probably no worse than the cup splitter and about the same as the APR lip replacement from a Clearance standpoint. I based that on having an APR splitter on my car before the Ventus package and measuring clearance on both.

The wing in the link you posted is huge and probably needs the Cup bumper as well as the cup splitter to balance it out. The Ventus wing is available by itself for around $4K which is less expensive than the Precision setup you linked (if I'm looking at the right thing on their website) and is smaller which fits the overall car better IMHO.

Even though I don't believe the Ventus kit was wind tunnel tested I think enough engineering went into it that the package is optimized and well balanced. On my car I have the Ventus package, APR side rockers & rear valance, 911R diffuser and the 4RS strakes (which I still have to install). You can see from my pic the Ventus splitter is pretty thin and pretty tough although a big impact would not be good.

Quick Reply: “Precision 911” reviews