Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Manheim and trade in numbers for 991.2 GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 08:10 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Questions:
  • Without wanting to start a religious debate, what does the GT3 data say about wholesale price differences between PDK and 6 speed?
From my experience in the wholesale car business, when all things equal, the 6MT cars are worth more than the PDK cars.
  • Who sets the 0-5 condition rating of a vehicle? The auction house? How subjective/objective are the criteria for the condition score?
That number is called a "CR" (Condition Report). They are completed by employees of Manheim, They are somewhat accurate but rather subjective, a big name seller will have favorable CR's over a seller who does not have any "pull".
  • @pitt911 (or anyone else) factoring in those elements you listed affecting the spread between dealer price at auction and dealer sold to retail price, what would you estimate a 2022 spread to be for non-RS, non-Touring GT3s? Looking at the two low-miles GT3's, it seems to me the spread can't be much more than $20k on average.
The spread between wholesale and retail on cars like GT3's are generally pretty slim unless a dealer gets lucky. There are no secret place to find cheap GT3's, they usually sell for what they're worth.

For avoidance of doubt, I'm not sitting here wringing my hands over the value of my white '18 stripper GT3 I bought in late August. I'm a market analytics data geek, whether it's real estate, Porsches, lumber, vintage trucks, etc. Anything but public equities.

Quick Reply: Looking for Manheim and trade in numbers for 991.2 GT3RS?