Sponsored by:

Front splitter questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 09:46 PM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Front splitter questions

Anyone have the RSC front splitter on their GT3? https://www.racingsportconcepts.com/...front-splitter

I know Dundon had one https://wiscomotors.com/products/dun...arbon-splitterbut its not on their website any more and this one is sold out. Someone said its, uh, "cheap" (no idea).

I have been told that with the big *** wing I have (not stock, its the Crawford wing - search the forum and you can see it) I should have a splitter to compensate/balance downforce. Right now, I have not had one. I can't tell if I should or not to be honest.

So it would be nice if someone who had similar set up has done a comparison. I know the GT3RS has a bigger wing and I don't believe they have a splitter (I think its the same lip) so Porsche must either think its not needed or they don't want to have something stick out too far on a passenger car.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:49 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 145 Posts

The splitter on the RS is different the the one in the GT3
Old 09-27-2022, 10:04 PM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

There is no splitter on the GT3 - its just a lip. Thats not the same as a splitter.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:26 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 586 Likes on 363 Posts

I have the complete Ventus package: wing, splitter and dive planes on my GT3. You could try adding just the dive planes if you can't get the splitter from them. Those would provide some balance to your rear wing. I think you're helped by the fact that the Crawford wing is the smallest when compared to the Ventus and the APR wing (which is huge). Less front aero upgrades needed to balance it out.

Quick Reply: Front splitter questions