Sponsored by:

French 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022 | 07:18 AM
Lolo La Torche
Instructor

Default French 991.2 GT3

Hi all,

Here is my full black beautifull GT3 : New member from France (991.2 GT3) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

991.2 GT3 Clubsport 4L from France

Vader's GT3 Cockpit

It has been there for 3 month. I covered it with PPF to protect it and, of course, I tried it on the Castellet F1 track at the end of june. I'll be back on that same track in 2 weeks

The car is a beast! Suspension, grip and handling are crazy, even with road tyres, and even on sunny hot days! It also never overheat (this was a problem I had in the past on Turbo car...)
I couldn't imagine front was so sharp and precise and didn't suffer form understeer! TBH, after more than 10 years with 4 Wheel Drive Turbo car equiped with slicks, I kept the electronics helps ON for this first day I just want to stay on the road

I enjoyed:

- PDK (my first experience with sequential gearbox) what an efficiency! you can even run the car on track in a full automatic sport mode (not fun, but efficient)!
- Brakes (I have 4 PFC rotors with Pagid pads) (do you change brake oil after each trackday?)
- Handling! So precise. The Manthey Racing height and settings are too hard and low for road but great on the track . Manthey Geometry is great! I just need to adapoyt a bit better the tyres pressure
- Sound is sick (I just have a Schmid Motorsport Valve Exhaust) and driving the GT3 to reach 9000rpm revs is so exciting!
- I think Chronos will be great once I'll be able to really drive this beast fast
- Electronic helps are very efficient and prevent some optimistic driving

Weaknesses are:

- A lack of acceleration sensations because my ex was 700HP/800NM, so...
- Driving position: I have aftermarket brackets to lift up a bit the front of the seats but I'm a 6.3' and 110kg guy, so I didn't find yet a satisfaying position and get in and out the car is a pain! I'll try without the brackets soon.
- Shift paddle are a bit too litle for me and there is not a lot of space between them and the 4 commodos for my big fingers I'll have a look on aftermarket solutions like JCR ones for example.
- I do need a knee pad ( I tinkered something with some double tape, and 3M Velcro, but it's not Porsche Standing...I would enjoy finding a matching alcantara cushin/pad...But it doesn't seem to exist...I ordered some sparco seat foam to try
- It's a pity there is no shiftlight embedded in the cluster. I made some research on the forum but did only find a few informations. Do someone use some aftermarket ODB2 Sequential Shiftlight? (I want something that can be unplugged very easily). I used to have a Motec SLM, I also find AIM great but both are CAN connected and not ODBII :/ Maybe something like this ShiftLight 10 LED RGB CAN/OBD2 (megasquirt.fr), or this one: Shiftlight | JT Innovations. but there some ordering/delivery problems due to lacks of semi conductors...
- I didn't find yet how to use the Chrono Pack on an automatic mode. Same thing for track Precision App I hoped the QR5 option: Pack Sport Chrono Plus was a fully automatic...need a bit more informations

Last edited by Lolo La Torche; 08-23-2022 at 09:33 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lolo La Torche:
JC Lacayo (08-25-2022), Larry Cable (08-23-2022)
Old 08-25-2022 | 09:00 AM
Lolo La Torche
Instructor

Do someone use ODBII Shiftlight?

What model do you use/prefer?

Quick Reply: French 991.2 GT3